Thread: X58 BloodRage PSU Compatibility list

Hybrid View

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos View Post
    So which version numbers are 'older'? Is it just any that aren't 'Version 1.*' such as 'Version 1'? I have a PCPNC 860W ESA and it seems fine like you report above, except I did notice that a couple of times I had to power on the system twice for it to fully boot although power was definately running.
    Also, I thought that the board would register 1600mhz RAM before OCing, but it shows mine as 1333mhz instead. I tried flashing to BIOS G13, but the updater shows it's current already and as PO2. Thinking of OCing, but won't before everything is reading/working correctly. Looks like I'm not the only one:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=211836

As a side note, everything else seems to be running fine, just have to tweak a few things like the audio and video (I got some video flickers last night and took a bit to get the sound recognized). The spacing of some things required my adjustment to make some things fit or some things I just couldn't utilize due to some size restraints. Still, it's one of the only boards that meets all of my requirements besides looking awesome.

Anyway, I want to thank all the folks here helping me out with getting this build right for performance, longetivity, style and my specific budgeted cost (stock speeds atm):
    Blood Rage x58 board
    G.Skill pi Black 1600 MHz 8-8-8-21 1.6-1.65 V 6GB
    Intel i7 965 XE with TRUE Black cooler
    PC Power&Cooling 860 Watts ESA
    Dual GTX 260
    Seagate Cheetah SAS drive, LG DVD-R, Acer P243W 24' Monitor (to play HD) and Vista 64
    Killer NIC (helps with mmo lag) and Soundblaster titanium (I do recordings)
    SunbeamTec Transformer case with TT Red Thunderblade fans
    Please try to stay on topic.
    The second and third part of your post could easily get posted on another BloodRage related thread.

This is "strictly" a PSU compatibility related thread for the BloodRage owners & future owners.

Last off-topic:

1) You need to manually set the Memory Multiplier & the UnCore multiplier to get your RAM to run at DDR3-1600, unless your RAM has XMP Profile/s and you're using a BIOS with a working XMP entry ( like the G15 and the G16 ).

2) If you're having PSU related issues like the ones posted previously, try with the G16 BIOS.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Please try to stay on topic.
    The second and third part of your post could easily get posted on another BloodRage related thread.

This is "strictly" a PSU compatibility related thread for the BloodRage owners & future owners.

Last off-topic:

1) You need to manually set the Memory Multiplier & the UnCore multiplier to get your RAM to run at DDR3-1600, unless your RAM has XMP Profile/s and you're using a BIOS with a working XMP entry ( like the G15 and the G16 ).

2) If you're having PSU related issues like the ones posted previously, try with the G16 BIOS.
    Sorry for adding off-topic stuff but thanks for replying. I just starting talking about the other issues I've had after I was asking about the random boot up issue. I'll check the BIOS version again and run the Foxconn Live Update get it updated if it's not since I don't see anywhere else to do it manually.

950W Enermax Revolution85+ works fine with the Rev1.0 Board

Xtreme Addict
    No issues with my gigabyte Odin pro 1200, corsair 850tx, or enermax pro82+ 625.
    My Rig :
    Core i5 4570S - ASUS Z87I-DELUXE - 16GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-2400 - 256GB Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme