Thread: i7 Underclocking - How Low Can I Go?

Hybrid View

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoes! View Post
    these are the lowest clocks and voltages I've seen on any Core i7 setup.
    uhm... all you did was lower the bclock to 100... in idle all 45nm chips drop to 12x multi... ive seen people run 85mhz bclocks and in idle that results in around 1ghz clocks... plus 32nm chips have a lower idle multi, at least the mobile ones, not sure about desktop...

a 45nm 1366 cpu is def not the right chip if your into underclocking man
    afaik theres a way to enable 4x multis on c2d desktop cpus, and i think amd can run really low multis as well, with a really low ref clock...

a c2d should be able to run an fsb of 100mhz or less, with a multi of 4... so thats 400mhz or less... just fyi...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    uhm... all you did was lower the bclock to 100... in idle all 45nm chips drop to 12x multi... ive seen people run 85mhz bclocks and in idle that results in around 1ghz clocks... plus 32nm chips have a lower idle multi, at least the mobile ones, not sure about desktop...

a 45nm 1366 cpu is def not the right chip if your into underclocking man
    afaik theres a way to enable 4x multis on c2d desktop cpus, and i think amd can run really low multis as well, with a really low ref clock...

a c2d should be able to run an fsb of 100mhz or less, with a multi of 4... so thats 400mhz or less... just fyi...
    This is not my interest either, I'm trying to find my chip's "sweet-spot.:"

By the way, the comment you quoted was meant for desktop chips. Care to post a screenshot? Better yet, you have an i7 system so post your own ss if you can't find another on the internet.