Thread: IntelBurnTest - The new stress-testing program

Hybrid View

Xtreme Member
    justintoxicated
    some months ago over every forum were people spreading that enermax psu and dfi mobo didn't works well together, especially the liberty series so maybe it's your case...said that, i've had a dfi nf3 with an enermax coolergiant eg701, and dfi rs482 with a enermax liberty 500, and my actual enermax galaxy with a dfi lt680: all worked fawlessly!
    my old dfi lt680 had some issue with pwm getting too hot causing the pc shut off with high vcore and high loads on cpu, and as you have your cp watercooled i'm wondering if you already have put a fan over the pwn heatsink.
    or maybe it is something wrong with your settings!
    Asus Rampage Formula / Q6700 G0 + TRUE / 4 x OCZ 9200 FleXLC / BFG 8800 Ultra OC / X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Enermax Galaxy 1000 DXX / CM Stacker / Dell 2707 / Logitech G15 + G9 + Z5500

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by panheimer View Post
    justintoxicated
    some months ago over every forum were people spreading that enermax psu and dfi mobo didn't works well together, especially the liberty series so maybe it's your case...said that, i've had a dfi nf3 with an enermax coolergiant eg701, and dfi rs482 with a enermax liberty 500, and my actual enermax galaxy with a dfi lt680: all worked fawlessly!
    my old dfi lt680 had some issue with pwm getting too hot causing the pc shut off with high vcore and high loads on cpu, and as you have your cp watercooled i'm wondering if you already have put a fan over the pwn heatsink.
    or maybe it is something wrong with your settings!
    I have a crappy 60mm fan with broken blade ziptied (sorta) in place, what is the best way to mount one and what size? I wish here was a water block for this thing.... I have a better 60 but its a bit noisy and has no connectors but I could solder one up if needed.

Haven't had any real issues withthe libery 620 (other than being on my 3rd or 4th one) The new one has been flawless. My last DFI had the switch bounce issue with an older version of the liberty but not with the new one (DFI expert) or the new one except when running IntelBurnTest. Funny thing is Enermax used to be on DFI's safe list!

I have a Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 watt on the way from Europe!

Prime has been running for 5 hours no issues so far. I think something is overheating and the PWM (large black heatsink right?) is very hot so it may very well be that
    Last edited by Justintoxicated; 08-20-2008 at 12:22 PM.
    Enermax Liberty 620 Modular
    Liquid Stacker
    8GB G.Skill PC2 8800 5-5-5-15 @ 400MHZ (PC6400 Speed)
    DFI LP LT X48-T2R
    Liquid Cooling:
    Thermochill PA 120.3 W/ Panaflo L1BXs/L1As
    D5 andFuzion V2, DD MCP Universal
    8800GTS G92
    Intel Q9450 @3200MHZ @ 1.18v (Wont OC any higher despite voltage increases)