Thread: GeForce 9900 GTX & GTS Slated For July Launch

Hybrid View

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    That pc gamer review is a joke. since when does anyone care about a hardware review from pc gamer? Some people are so gullible
    Call me gullible.

What I want to know is how does a monthly magazine get a hold of a GTX 280, run there set of benchmarks, write it up, go to print and deliver it to their customers before any of our trusted sources can? I have never read PC Gamer so I don't know if they have a hardware section. They compare a GTX 280 to GeForce 9800 GX2 and Radeon 3870 X2 so they must have a benchmark computer they dust off occasionally.

I guess us gullible creatures will soon find out what the GTX 280 will do when this damn NDA expires. I'll be interested to see what kind scores you give it running 3DMark06, Vantage, Crysis, Half Life 2: Episode One, Company of Heroes and World in Conflict.

I guess you realize that my buying decision may lie on your shoulders as to whether I buy a GTX 280, his little brother or jump ship!

Look forward to your review.
    | Intel Core i7-2600K | ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 | G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTS 450 |
    | Swiftech APOGEE Drive II CPU Waterblock with Integrated Pump | XSPC RX360 | Swiftech MCP655-B Pump | XSPC Dual 5.25in. Bay Reservoir |
    | Thermaltake 850W PSU | NZXT SWITCH 810 | Windows 7 64-bit |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by msgclb View Post
    Call me gullible.

What I want to know is how does a monthly magazine get a hold of a GTX 280, run there set of benchmarks, write it up, go to print and deliver it to their customers before any of our trusted sources can?
    Maybe the magazine was to go in circulation at a certain time to coincide with the lifting of the NDA and got out early? Or maybe the NDA on print material is different. Or they could have picked one up from an Asian source and are not under NDA, who knows.

Remember it takes time to do hardware reviews, most of them are probably already done or almost done and waiting to be published.

Banned
    Or Nvidia supplied them with a card.