Thread: 'New' Thermochill TA120.x series - any ideas?

Hybrid View

XIP - can sit on his hair
    but won't you loose performance on that new radiator design? what i mean is, wont some of the air escape through the gaps and instead of being sealed and going through the fins?
    Yes, if you don't seal the airgap (I presume you mean the gaps in each corner between the fold for the mountpoint and the endtank) you will lose airflow and therefore performance. Part of the PAs design was to minimise all air-losses hence they were intended to always be supplied and used with a gasket between fan and rad to seal any gaps, so all air from fans had no choice but to
    head thru the fins.

I didn't get what do they mean by these 'duals' when saying

"Dual row, dual pass, triple 120mm fan radiator "
    Search dual row pass on these forums and it should bring up plenty of posts explaining it.

All ThermoChill rads (up to my leaving) other than the PA160 were dual row dual pass (altho Cathar has a triple row prototype we made which was intended for release as the PA140 once further testing had been done... that one never saw the light of day commercially what with the rush to satisfy demand for a 140mm rad apparently surpassing the need to bring one out that was actually designed properly for the purpose - think he'd managed to pull out another 5% over standard PA120 series with that design)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    Yes, if you don't seal the airgap (I presume you mean the gaps in each corner between the fold for the mountpoint and the endtank) you will lose airflow and therefore performance. Part of the PAs design was to minimise all air-losses hence they were intended to always be supplied and used with a gasket between fan and rad to seal any gaps, so all air from fans had no choice but to
    head thru the fins.

Search dual row pass on these forums and it should bring up plenty of posts explaining it.

All ThermoChill rads (up to my leaving) other than the PA160 were dual row dual pass (altho Cathar has a triple row prototype we made which was intended for release as the PA140 once further testing had been done... that one never saw the light of day commercially what with the rush to satisfy demand for a 140mm rad apparently surpassing the need to bring one out that was actually designed properly for the purpose - think he'd managed to pull out another 5% over standard PA120 series with that design)
    It is nice to see you around here Marci
    My Lian Li G70
    Asus P6X58D-E * i7-930 * Saphire 7970 * 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 C7 * Crucial M4 256GB SSD * Lian Li G70W Powdercoated
    Watercooled by single loop Coolgate Quad 120 + Swiftech MCR220 with San Aces H1011 * EK Supreme HF * Koolance VID-AR797 * EK Asus X58 full set * DDC 3.25 with EK Dual Top/Res