Quote Originally Posted by aenigma View Post
That should work just fine, however the schrader valve will be a big restriction even without the core, and so will the small refrigeration hose. If you are doing it that way just to have a flexible hose then standard propane 3/8 flare rubber hose works good for that, so does that yellow painted flex steel that is I believe for water heaters, but you have to braze it with silver solder and a bunch of flux, but it works great. I have used it on my autocascades for years. The 3/8 rubber propane hose would be the easiest as all you would need is a braze on 3/8 flare on your compressor suction line and evaporator.

The evaporator with acrylic is probably not a good idea however. I tried thick lexan on a Maze 3 years ago just for the fun of it and it would start leaking at low temperatures, especially when turning the system off and equalizing. Acrylic might even break from the equalized pressure and low temperatures since it's much weaker than polycarbonate. I was using a similar a/c compressor as you back then and it was getting about -50c iirc. It did look really cool however haha

I do not expect this unit to last long it is just a fun project.