Thread: Why do I have to re-log in so frequently?

Banned

Why do I have to re-log in so frequently?

Almost every time I come here I have to re-log in. This is even occasionally when I visited under an hour beforehand. I do have dialup, so I at first thought it could be related to the change of IP addresses, but this sometimes happens even when I'm online the whole time. It also doesn't happen on any other VB forum I visit, so I doubt it is a problem with VB itself. What is causing this?

Strange..

I went on my dads PC the other day and I didnt need to log in, and I hadnt used that system for 6 months or so.

I think it must be your IP changing, but fugger will know better than me.

But I think its just you, not the site.

¿
    Its a cookie problem, somehow your dropping your XS cookies

Xtreme Member
    if you are using IE then go to tools--internet options--middle of page you will see temp internet files. click settings. see how much disk space is used. also check the history under tools--internet options--bottom of page. see how many days are in it.

another thing. do you have any programs that do any kind of clean up on your computer on a daily or bi-weekly basis?

let us know what you find as there are more things to try also

Xtreme Member
    Haha, i bet the cache is full. I helped a friend with the same problem. I swear i have never seen so much garbage in my life (it had never been cleaned out in the 3 years she had the PC... /shudder).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by freak22
    if you are using IE then go to tools--internet options--middle of page you will see temp internet files. click settings. see how much disk space is used. also check the history under tools--internet options--bottom of page. see how many days are in it.

another thing. do you have any programs that do any kind of clean up on your computer on a daily or bi-weekly basis?

Using FireFox. However, IIRC, it did the same thing in IE. Also, I doubt its a problem with having too little cache, as other VB forums I go to less frequently don't make me log back in every time, and that I have even stayed logged into for months. I wouldn't think that XS would somehow be different than other VB forums in that way, but for some reason it is.

Xtreme Gentoo User
    Quote Originally Posted by freak22

Does anyone actually use MSIE for a reason other than downloading Firefox on a clean Winbork install?

XS_THE_MACHINE
    I use ccleaner. Download it (ccleaner.com). Ok, go online through Microsoft explorer (u have to be logged on through u internet provider), clear the cookies; go on the forum and BEFORE u sign in, clear cookies again. Then sign in, go to options and cookies, and move the xtremesystems cookie to saved cookies. This way, all u have to do is go online, and go to the website, and your cookie should be saved.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids