Thread: Motherboard Forum?

Xtreme Member

Motherboard Forum?

I am just wondering why there isn't a dedicated motherboard forum here? I see the AMD/Intel say CPU&Motherboard, but everything seems to spammed out fast
    Last edited by Sloppy; 07-25-2005 at 01:24 PM.

Banned
    Hard to separate the two. You talk about one, you talk about the other. I think it would cause to much overlap in the forum, but if there's enough interest -- we'll consider changing it.

Xtreme Member
    I hear yah, thanks

Xtreme Cruncher
    i think we should have a motherboard section so we can have dedicated stickys for the mobos and bugs ppl can ask about drivers features etc
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Member
    Yeah a general "Motheboard" section (includes all mobo's AMD+Intel) would maybe make things easier to find, or at least let you narrow your search down to one category.

I dont think it would work very well.

If you want to have manufacturer specific areas... then there might be some benefit (as at oc.com)

But having one section for motherboards and another for CPU will just mean loads of work for mods (moving threads) or will end up in one section being pretty redundant (just - what motherboard do I buy? threads) with all the real overclocking and tips staying in the CPU forum.

Unless a section is getting stupidly crouded, I think less topic headers is definately better.

Threads at XS dont tend to stay on topic very long (especially when charlie is posting) so many threads wont fit into CPU or motherboard forums...