Thread: New RAM

New RAM

I was looking at getting new RAM because my Corsair XMS 2-2-2-5 PC3200 isn't the greatest overclocker and it's been giving me lots of errors lately. From what I've heard it seems this "BH5" module RAM is the miracle RAM. I have no idea what chips still have this BH5 left and if I have to go to ebay thats fine, I just need to know what chips have it (exact models). Besides that I narrowed it down to GeIL Ultra 1GB PC4400 DDR550 RAM, it seems fairly decent 2.6-3.1 volts, 3-4-4-8 timings. Unless you guys know something better, check my sig for my stats. I can hit 3.8 stable but it has to be in like 5:4 mode, so what would be the best for trying to hit 3.8 at a 1:1 ratio?

Mad thanks in advanced, I'm sure this particular forum is plagued with questions like these everyday

WOW*OFFERS

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'd get OCZ Gold VX PC-4000.

The only thing is, OCz kind of scares me, I bought a 550W PSU from them, that didn't work. The DDR Ram Booster didnt do any wonders for me, infact I think thats what ruined my RAM, even though i was using at the same voltages I bouhgt it for the "cleaner power" hoping I could squeeze a few MHz out... I'll consider it, how much is it for 1GB typically? I'm looking for something under $250, if realistic, that's why I was going to go with the GeIL but I doubt thats BH5.

WOW*OFFERS

Well, I found this and it look's fairly promising: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820146987

Is that BH5 or let alone really good? I'll give OCz one last try, I've heard nothing but praise about their ram.

WOW*OFFERS

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That ram isn't BH 5, is rated to DDR550, so it'd be hynix i think, may be TCCD
    Asus P5K Premium//Intel E6600@3,6ghz//Corsair PC6400C3@500 4-4-4-12 2,2v//8800GTS G92//Audigy 2 ZS//SeaSonic M12 700W & LianLi V2000B

is hynix or tccd bad? im a bit n00b to overclocking ram, well to an extent, i don't know which one has the best overclocking headroom. And I'm curious whats the cheapest PC4400 BH5 that has decent latency and headroom?

WOW*OFFERS