Thread: ArctiClean

Xtreme Member

ArctiClean

Read all about it, a collab project between Arctic and Nanotherm:

http://www.ksbrainstorms.com/index.p...ame=ArctiClean

Xtreme Mentor
    Oh man thats some cool stuff only a drop of 2C but I'm sure that it can even more increased more with using better thermal compound. They used ceramique paste and got the 2C drop so with something better like AS5 or PCM+ which I will soon have, since theres better contact with the core and heatsink the 2C might turn into 4C. In the world of overclocking every C counts....so where can I buy some???

Xtreme Member
    The ArctiClean products should be available around the end of September / early October time frame. We appreciate your interest.

Xtreme Member
    Yes, this product looks very promising indeed.

I like the fact that it was a combined effort from two great companies in the same market. There was a mention of more collaborative projects between Arctic and Nanotherm. Needless, to say, I'm sure those with air cooling await these new combined efforts with impatient anticipation.

Kudos to both companies

Xtreme X.I.P.
    really nice! does it work with all tims? some tims can be really nasty to remove especially when they are old or have been at subzero temps they tend to get really dried out and nasty. great to see you work together!

Xtreme Member
    Yes, the ArctiClean Step 1 and 2 system is designed to work with basically any type of thermal interface material, be it oil / grease based, gel, aqueous, paraffinic, pad, or what have you.

The Step 1 is a very aggressive and robust natural citrus-and-soy-based solvent and has many other potential uses as a solvent other than TIMs. For instance, it attacks and dissolves styrene based materials (styrofoam for example), but doesn't attack most other types of plastics / polymers. It also aggressively dissolves tar and asphalt, so don't spill it on your driveway

The Step 1 product is biodegradable, non-toxic, eco-friendly and is virtually non-flammable. It is non-corrosive to all ferrous and non-ferrous metals to the best of our knowledge and won't hurt or irritate your skin if you get some on you. Unlike most other citrus-based and standard solvents, the Step 1 does not contain any petroleum distillates / mineral spirits.

The Step 2 is non-alkaline, neutral pH, "no residue" surface cleaner / purifier. It removes any appreciable residue of the previous TIM and the Step 1 TIM remover (or any other cleaner / degreaser, for that matter). The Step 2 product also provides an angstroms-thin protective corrosion inhibitor treatment on the surface, which works well on and is friendly to all metals, plastics, silicon, etc.

The combination of the two ArctiClean products is most synergistic and provides end-users with a simple, powerful, effective and economical solution to surface preparation requirements prior to TIM application / re-application.

Xtreme Member
    Excellent information. (you wrote that all on a whim, right? )

Can we look forward to any more combined efforts between Arctic and Nano in the near future?

Xtreme Member
    Just wanted to condense some thoughts into words and provide a brief yet concise overview of the upcoming ArctiClean products. Yes, you can expect some other combined product development efforts soon. Any requests?

XS Local
    Originally posted by Nanotherm
    Just wanted to condense some thoughts into words and provide a brief yet concise overview of the upcoming ArctiClean products. Yes, you can expect some other combined product development efforts soon. Any requests?

Can you make it Smell like Cherrys?

Opteron 175 Dual Core CCBWE 0544XPMW @2.3ghz 1.41v
    DFI SLI-DR Expert 11-25 Bios
    G-Skill 1gb GH UTT @210 2-2-2-5
    BFG 7800GT OC 485/1170 NV 5rev3
    74gb Raptor 300gb Maxtor 500gb Hitachi
    OCZ 520w SLI 3.46v 5.16v 12.64v
    Thermaltake CL-P0114 Big Typhoon
    3dmark01 3dmark05
    Heatware

Xtreme Mentor
    Did nanotherm and artic silver ever consider making a heatsink together? or maybe a really nice professional lapping kit.

Xtreme Member
    those sound like good ideas, give thermalright and swiftech some competition. Might be slightly difficult to begin though, especiall to mass produce given what type of products both companies develop currently. But, if they are willing to invest in the idea, I'm sure it would be very interesting.

Maybe a combined effort for the end-all thermal paste? What would be nice is to get the CPU/MB/VIdeo manufacturer's to stop using cheap, crappy thermal goo--that bubble gum stuff is the worst! It would be quite the feat to say the least, but if you could get the cost of some quality thermal goo (doesn't have to be the top end stuff) down to something competitive to the cost of the crap stuff they use now, there should be some worthwile profit in that not to mention future development.

Xtreme Mentor
    Oh I have a good idea how about thermal pads you know instead of putting on thermal paste and then whipping it off and getting it everywhere. A thermal pad that when pressured is applied it will force its way in the imperfections and maybe reusable.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lol

This product so reminds of those kitchen/bathroom cleaning products. Except this one targets the uber geeks. hehe
    A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

Xtreme Member
    Interesting input - thanks.
    - Cherry smell - could be done, but Step 1 already has nice citrus-orange smell.
    - Thermal pads - has some potential as a future product.
    - Heatsinks - Some of our current customers are heatsink / cooling device manufacturers. Competing against them in the cooling device hardware arena wouldn't be good for business.
    - Cheap thermal grease - There are many companies out there who manufacture large volumes of dirt cheap, low performance "generic white" thermal grease. Conversely, there a very few who manufacture high performance, premium quality TIMs, because it costs more to make them and, therefore, the volume of demand is significantly less for premium TIMs. Our niche continues to be focused on the premium TIM market.
    - "End-All" TIMs - we're working on some right now.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Originally posted by =[PULSAR]=
    Did nanotherm and artic silver ever consider making a heatsink together? or maybe a really nice professional lapping kit.
    http://www.easypckits.com/ has great lapping kits!
    damn i forgot to finish that review i wanted to write about them.

their kits are cheap and contain everything you need! can only recommend them

Xtreme Member
    My company produces a nice lapping kit, as well. It's only available through one of our larger resellers presently.

Xtreme Mentor
    Arctic Clean looks great, can't wait to try some. Like to see a TIM that works as well as ceramique @ subzero, but doesn't yank your processor out of the socket when you want to remove it...

Xtreme Member
    Stay tuned then.

Bulletproof
    What are the advantages over Acetone/isopropyl? "All-Natural" isn't a selling point for me. It could be distilled from the blood of blind puppies as long as it works. I've yet to meet a product Acetone can't dissolve, and isopropanol has a RAE of 0.001%, or negligible. If you really care about absolutism, you could go as far as some chemical engineers and scrub with DI-H2O after the isopropyl... but I think even lint-free cloths will deposit more residue than Iso does, so the extraneous scrubbing will likely be unnoticably detrimental.
    Only the stupidest humans believe that the dogma of relative filth is a defense.

Xtreme Member
    Anyone else's head hurt after reading that?

good question.

MAD SCIENTIST FROM ARCTIC SILVER
    Lithan,

ArctiClean Step 1 quickly emulsifies many thermal materials that acetone has little or no effect upon. This allows ArctiClean Step 1 to remove much of the thermal material in the microscopic imperfections in the metal or ceramic that scrubbing cannot reach due to the size of the fibers in the cloth.

Send an email to any of the emails listed on our website, Arctic Silver Website, and I will be glad to send you a sample set of ArctiClean 1 and 2.

Then please compare the cleaning performance to acetone/isopropyl on materials like old thermal grease, pink thermal pads and the black aluminum-backed pad on the stock Intel heatsink.

Nevin House
    Arctic Silver, Inc.

Xtreme Member
    Wow, what an example of a company dedicated to customer satisfaction. If only the corporate giants would folllow this business model.

Banned
    I tested and reviewed it here.
    http://overclockers.com/articles1093/

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Tested Arcticlean also (big thanks Scott) and I must say that I'm very impressed with the product.
    I used my ASUS NB cooler for it, as it uses a pink TIM, which is always difficult to remove.
    I always used Acetone before, as it worked the best for removing that thermal crap.
    But Arcticlean works way better than Acetone. It almost instantly removed the pink thermal pad from the HS. And it smells nice too (citrus).
    I can surely recommend it.
    Will be testing PCM+ later.

Here are some pics I took :

Nanotherm PCM+ and Arcticlean

ASUS NB HS :

2 tiny drops of Arcticlean TMR on HS :

Almost instant removal :

Finished :

Again, a big thanks to Scott from Nanotherm for sending the evaluation sample.
    Rig #1
    Gigabyte P67A-UD4 trying to figure out this POS board
    2600k @ ?????
    2x2Gb GSkill RipJaws-X 1333 (7-7-7-21)
    ATI 5850
    Coba Nitrox 750W
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, Watercool GPU-X³ 5870 Nickel, PA120.3, Laing Ultra with XSPC top

Rig #2
    DFI UT P35-T2R (0317 bios)
    E8200 @ 4000 (1.216V) / 4100 (1.248V) / 4200 (1.296V) / 4300 (1.344V)
    2x2Gb Chaintech Apogee GT PC2-8500
    Powercolor 4870
    Corsair 520HX
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, EK-FC4870, Feser tripple, Laing Ultra pump

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I've got Supermicro boards that lasted longer than one of my marriages!

Xtreme Member
    Jupiler,

We appreciate you taking the time to test the new ArctiClean products and reporting your findings here on the forum.

Scott Gallmeyer
    Arctic Silver, Inc.