Introduction

These days, you can’t take your home’s security too seriously. And with modern technology, you have far more options than you did in the past. A good example of this is a security camera. Not long ago, only businesses and the wealthy could really use them. One part of this was financial – even an inexpensive camera could cost thousands to install. But another part was purely practical – you needed space for all the related gear. Instead of digital recordings, you were recording to tape, which meant a VCR. And for monitoring, you needed a TV. If you wanted to monitor more than one camera, you needed multiple TVs. Needless to say, most people didn’t have time or space for this. With today’s cameras, your footage is stored online, or on a hard drive or SD card. You can review it on your smartphone, without the need for a dedicated TV. Another benefit of a modern security camera is the ability to go online. Instead of finding out an intruder after the fact, a modern camera will alert you in real time. In other words, you’re not just gathering footage to be used as evidence. You can actually – potentially – prevent the intruder from gaining access in the first place. The only real question isn’t whether you should own a security camera. It’s which security camera is the right one for your needs. In that light, we’re going to be reviewing the Sannce I81FB 2K Camera With Dual Lenses. This is a unique security camera, with not one but two lenses, angled outwards for wider coverage. It also boasts color night vision, multiple storage options, and a tough, durable design. But what else does it bring to the table? To find out, we’ll take a deep dive into all the I81FB’s features, benefits, and drawbacks. Once we’ve given it a thorough evaluation, we’ll be better prepared to render a fair verdict. Let’s get started, and see what we discover!

Let’s start with the bare data of the I81FB:

Packaging & Contents

The front side of the box has has a image of Sannce I81FB.

On the back we have detailed information.

Sannce also lists a few of the more prominent features of the Camera as small icons.

The I81FB came nicely packaged with everything needed for a quick easy setup. A bubble-wrap protects the unit inside the box.

Inside the box, you will find a power adapter, user manual, a screwdriver, screws, and dowels. This kit comes with everything you need minus the microSD card.

Like other security-focused products, Sannce includes a surveillance sign sticker with the I81FB that lets you notify visitors your home is protected.

A Closer Look

Even at a quick glance, it is clear that the Sannce I81FB arrives in a significantly different design than like 90% of other IP cameras on the market, breaking the mould from the usual dome/bullet style outdoor cameras. This camera is suitable both for indoor and outdoor use, with a weather-resistance rating of IP66. The first 6 indicates that it’s completely dust-proof, suitable for even the driest of environments. If you took it to the surface of Mars, even that fine, chalky dust wouldn’t get inside the housing. The second 6 indicates a high level of water-resistance. It’s not quite submersion-proof, but it’s the next best thing. You can crank up your hose and spray the I81FB down for cleaning, and not have to worry. Even the most intense rain isn’t going to stop this camera from functioning.

The camera housing itself is similarly constructed. The bulk of it is white in color, matching the mounting base. However, the front lens housing is black, with an extending shield that covers the lenses. There are no bright colors or blinking lights, only a grey Sannce imprint on the antennas. The Sannce I81FB works at 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band. 2x3dBi Antennas on the security camera could accept more stable Wi-Fi signal, offering a better working environment for the cam.

The mount itself has an cylindrical wall plate. It can be mounted to a ceiling or wall, and it has a protruding, 5.4-inch arm. This arm has a ball joint in the middle, allowing you to pivot the camera in any direction. The material is plastic, but it’s tough, durable, and reinforced with metal at the joints.

The Sannce I81FB runs on Power over Ethernet (PoE). This is a technology that uses your Ethernet cable to transfer power to your device. The concept is simple. By using a single cable for power and data, you negate the need for a second cable. In total, a PoE cable can work for a distance of up to 330 feet. That’s more than enough for any home, and even for many commercial applications. However, keep in mind that I81FB also utilizes WiFi on AC-powered. It plugs-in to a standard power outlet, rather than a PoE injector/router. PoE has some advantages and disadvantages. For one thing, a wired installation is more reliable. You don’t have to worry about a finnicky WiFi signal. Wired signals are also more secure, since they’re harder to hack than a wireless transmission. Finally, with wired power, you don’t have to take down the camera periodically for charging. This is far easier than constantly charging a wireless camera. On the other hand, wireless cameras have their own advantages. They’re far easier to install, since you don’t have to run any wires. You also don’t need a PoE router, which you will need for a PoE camera.

The front lens housing is the widest part of the camera, and flares out towards the end. It’s shaped like an old-school fan, with separate lenses at either side. Each lens is fairly large, with its own ring of LED lights below it. In the center, on the very front of the camera, you’ll find the motion sensor, which is smaller than the lenses. The camera has dual 1/2.8 inch CMOS sensors (2K 4MP super HD with a resolution of 3840 x 1080px at 12fps). It also has infrared vision, which allows for views of objects up to 40 meters away. The camera has a field of view of up to 180 degrees. The mic is at the middle. The camera also has spotlights to illuminate the area so you can see in detail who is standing outside your house. In the dark, four IR LEDs perform the detection and lumens spotlights give you good color vision at night.

The cam has a microSD card slot that supports up to 128GB which is good. H.265AI saves up to 80% storage space. This camera can loop record and so this card will automatically be overwritten with newer footage. The system conveniently offers two-way audio, so you can get an alert when a person approaches your door, and talk to them from the app on your phone. You do not need to purchase a subscription to do this.

Software & Performance

For the record, I used a 64GB card in it and I have no issues to report. I attached mine to a wall.

The camera isn't super heavy, but there is a little weight to it so be sure to think about that when choosing a mounting option. When mounting this, keep in mind the sun and its location throughout the day.

Next, you need to download and install the iCsee app on your mobile device. The pairing process is quick and detailed in the iCsee management application. I started by downloading the mobile app creating an account.

The App will auto show your camera and you just press "Add Device".

Now you can change the Wifi settings. It's also where you will connect the camera to your home Wi-Fi router since it works only on a 2.4 GHz connection.

Thats it! It's a simple app, and since the camera is a plug and play one, the app will be able to scan the QR code placed at the camera, and after a couple of seconds, you'll be able to monitor everything via your mobile phone.

Follow the onscreen instruction to create an account with your email address and login into your account.

You can download and view any files stored on the SDcard. On top of that, its connection to the Cloud means that you can easily back up your footage automatically and store it remotely - that also lets you access it from whatever device you need, which can be really useful in a pinch.

The iCsee, features a clean interface, with loads of settings and options available behind a main camera overview screen. Toolbar allows you to adjust the live view window size, the stream type, and the plug‐ins. Υou can view and edit a device's basic information, delete the device, and configure other functions such as changing device verification code etc.

The live view is pretty live and only maybe a 1 second or 2 delay. Once set up, you can see your live view, take snapshots, and record videos. And some basic operations are supported during live view, including picture capturing, manual recording, etc. You can set the parameters of the device, including basic information, time settings, recording schedule, etc.

It works with both Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant, letting you start recordings and take other actions all through your choice of voice assistant.

Create custom motion detection zones to record video and send email notifications when a zone is triggered. So if the camera captures an intruder or some dreadful beast prowling the night, the camera inform you right on the spot so you can deal with the situation accordingly. This feature enables you to stay informed about the situation happening around your home, no matter how far you are from it.

A virtual joystick available, which more exactly allows you to rotate the head by 180 Degrees.

The video and image quality is good and acceptable for a camera like this.

It's not super, but it's not bad at all.

The telephoto lens is not that impressive with its 1080p but it should be good enough to identify someone if they are with in reasonable distance of the camera. You can zoom in or zoom out the live video image as desired. Tap to zoom in or zoom out the image. Or spread two fingers apart to zoom in, and pinch them together to zoom out.

The night vision works well, too and has a pretty decent range on it.

The color night vision is a bright light and it also works well, if you choose to use it.

This dual-lens security camera provides a Panoramic 180° panorama and covers much finer details in 2K resolution with less distortion.

Final Thoughts

Security cameras with a narrow viewing angle—the type typically used indoors—provide a lot of detail about what’s happening in front of the lens but omit the periphery of the scene, while wide-angle outdoor cams provide the necessary scope to view the broader expanses outside your home, but usually at the expense of image quality and detail. Sannce’s I81FB cleverly circumvents this conundrum by integrating both types of camera in a single body, with impressive results. The Sannce I81FB is a camera that uses two different lenses to capture both a broad overview and a closeup of outdoor areas simultaneously. First, there’s a 2.8mm wide-angle lens that captures 2K video, while the second lens is an 4mm telephoto version that records in 1080p. Essentially, you get a zoomed-out view and a zoomed-in view of the scene for a greater amount of context and detail. This security camera with two lenses gives you up to 180° viewing angle without any dead ends. The dual-lens design allows one outdoor security camera to work as two. The rest of the I81FB’s features are fairly typical for an outdoor security camera. It includes intelligent motion detection that can distinguish between people, vehicles, line crossing detection, intrusion detection, region entrance detection, and region exiting detection and supports two-way audio so you can communicate with visitors or trespassers. And it captures event-triggered video clips, which can be saved locally to a microSD card (up to 128GB) or cloud storage (additional cost). While saving video clips locally will save you the additional cost of a cloud subscription, there is always the risk that an intruder can make off with the microSD card or the camera itself. That makes a Cloud Storage plan at least worth considering. The camera itself feels very nicely made and not too plasticky. I wish that they had made the whole body in metal instead, now its just the middle part that is metal, the bracket and the top part is made of plastic. With the IP66 weatherproof design, the wifi security cam works in 14°F~131°F temperature, waterproof, dustproof, anti-high temperature, frost proof. This kit comes with everything you need minus the microSD card. You can use the camera with Wi-Fi or Ethernet for an internet connection. Once you connect the camera with the iCsee app, you can view both live video streams and you can configure how they’re presented—stacked, side by side, or individually. It supports two recording modes - 24/7 recording or only alarm trigger recording. Could set up in iCsee App to meet different needs. During live streaming, you can record video or snap a screenshot from both simultaneously with the press of a button. Recorded video clips can be viewed in the same pane as the live feed by pressing the “playback” button. The app provides a raft of options for customizing the camera’s operation. You can reduce the occurrence of false alarms by calibrating motion detection sensitivity, and creating motion detection zones for each type of object. You can configure auto-tracking for any or all of those same object types. Because the two lenses are different resolutions, there’s a stark quality drop-off between the 2K wide-angle image and the 1080p zoomed one. In practice, this is of little consequence. The telephoto image is sharp enough to accurately see facial features, license plate numbers, and other forensic details. The 4 dual-light bulbs built into the 4MP surveillance camera can provide black and white night vision and color night vision. At night it was OK, nothing amazing. It does help for sure using the spotlights for full color night vision.

For anyone with a large parcel of land, a big backyard, or any other expansive outdoor area, the Sannce I81FB is a solid solution for securing it. It will let you keep your eye on the big picture while capturing the details that make the difference in preventing or solving a property crime. All things considered, this is a very nice security camera that works well, and is extremely easy to setup and get going. The camera comes with a 1-year warranty at $103.99. I have no issues at all to report from my time with it and is something I can highly recommend!

https://www.sannce.com/products/dual...ecurity-camera