Thread: [News] AMD Ryzen 7 1700X bench tested by Chinese site

[News] AMD Ryzen 7 1700X bench tested by Chinese site

http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/10266...-chinese-site/

There are indications that AMD Ryzen CPUs will be officially launched just a week or so from now. Depending upon the nature of the launch, we should be able to publish HEXUS labs test results for the first fruits of this brand new architecture shortly thereafter. For now we will have to make do with the increasing weight of leaks and rumours concerning the AMD Ryzen CPU range, and its performance, pricing and availability.

Today we have some more benchmarks and some nice clear close-up photos - both said to come from an AMD Ryzen 7 1700X chip, in a lab in China. The leaksters and NDA busters over at VideoCardz have snagged these details from moderately well known Chinese tech site XFastest.com. The Chinese source article seems to have been taken down (or is it just that I'm not an Xfastest member, or similar). Nevertheless, we have some interesting product and benchmark screens for the 1700X, remembering each needs to be accompanied by a pinch of salt.

Xtreme Guru
    Here's some reference data:

1537 puts it in the ballpark of the 6900k (though note that my data used much faster memory in their testing). If nothing else, the volume of leaks makes me believe Ryzen is going to legitimately challenge Broadwell-E. Just think of it this way, we saw a plethora of leaks for Athlon 64 and Core 2 Duo - but virtually nothing for Bulldozer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans