Thread: For trade sub-forum in FS forum?

Question For trade sub-forum in FS forum?

Title says it all really. I'm sure a lot of us have stuff we are looking more to trade than actually sell but theres no FT forum So can we get one? Pretty please?

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Banned Movieman...
    label it as [FT] in the title...

Thats not the same thing and makes finding / looking at FT items more difficult than it needs to be and more sporadic and messy. Isn't exactly hard to create a FT sub-forum, all of about 10 seconds for those with the ability to do it...

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Not sure if this would happen, possible, just dunno. I'd imagine if there were enough people who were interested in having it, it could be implemented. Just not enough demand for it I'd think at the moment.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    Thats not the same thing and makes finding / looking at FT items more difficult than it needs to be and more sporadic and messy. Isn't exactly hard to create a FT sub-forum, all of about 10 seconds for those with the ability to do it...
    An FT subforum would have to be created for every hardware category.
    You think people that would be open to trade wouldn't even bother to look?

I don't see what's so difficult about it. Most people would take equivalent cash value for the item they are looking for anyway so they can just go and buy one if they sell their item.

If you are talking about just making a whole extra section for trades, then somebody looking for something would have to check both sections regularly...making it WAY more difficult than it needs to be.
    Smile

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    An FT subforum would have to be created for every hardware category.
    You think people that would be open to trade wouldn't even bother to look?.
    not really, we dont even have enough posts on current for sale section to have sub forum for everything now. there is only like less than 10 classifieds in each section..
    Last edited by NKrader; 11-25-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    Title says it all really. I'm sure a lot of us have stuff we are looking more to trade than actually sell but theres no FT forum So can we get one? Pretty please?
    Easy take it to pm, the worst you can get is a no thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    My 2 cents? I like the idea of a For Trade section.
    Many people have tons of parts laying around that they never think to sell but they would if they saw that one part they wanted.
    You guys have my vote on this.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    not really, we dont even have enough posts on current for sale section to have sub forum for everything now. there is only like less than 10 classifieds in each section..
    So why make it 4 over some place and 6 over in another place?
    Maybe if we want to make it the "For Sale/For Trade subforum" and impliment something like TechPowerUp does with it's tags?

Usually when I go to sell something and I'm looking for something too, I'll take the cash or the trade, and if I see someone selling something but not listing for trades, I'll ask them if they'd be willing.

IMO there aren't many classifieds opened with the rules of "Trades only, I want XXX product or bust"
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 11-26-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    Smile

Admin
    Just offer it for sale for X amount of $ or offer it as a Trade. That option has always been available. Do that until FUGGER wants to open a section for Trade only.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    also an excellent idea and easy..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.