Thread: High performance Air cooling (on the cheap)!

Xtreme Mentor

High performance Air cooling (on the cheap)!

I realize this isn't the best HSF for air, but it's pretty darn good...

My local MicroCenter (Cincinnati), has the Xigmatech "Thor's Hammer" on closeout for $26!
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/3...ive_CPU_Cooler
    I've actually wanted one of these since they were released, but couldn't justify the $90 price tag...

It doesn't come with a fan, but I put a decent 70 CFM on it (single), and it does a VERY good job!

It's pretty big (and heavy), but it set's high enough that it'll clear normal mem heatsinks.
    If you have mem with big sinks it'll still work as long as you use the outer slots...

Heres a couple pics...

I've only had a few hours to test it, but it got my low vid FX-8120 to 4.5Ghz and it Primed for 30 minutes...
    This chip runs really hot, so the results are pretty good IMHO!

If you live near a MicroCenter, and your looking for a decent air HSF, I'd give this one a second look!
    AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

First Computer: Commodore Vic 20 (circa 1981).

Xtreme 3D Team
    Dave I would put this in the online deals and sales forum
    Thor's Hammer used to be Xiggy's flagship heatsink...used to be $90.

$24 is quite a steal lol, as you see it says originally $79.99.

I really want one but I can't drive to cleveland to get one. I don't really want to run water cooling anymore and that is a great deal.
    Smile