Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, very frustrated, can't find a good small laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by DRT-Maverick View Post
    My desktop has an IPS, so no need for my laptop to have one, I don't really do much photo editing on the laptop. Again, school work. I may occasionally do minor editing but really I'll save the majority of editing for the desktop.
    ips will not cost extra with the next gen as production has gone way up, and with the windows 8 gen of ultrabook/tablet hybrid you are going to get a nice ips and ssd for about the same price as a mid range now since nand went way down (so the coming laptops are costing the same for small ssd and 2 platter HDD) and MS is subsidizing them.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    That's cool, I may get one in a year or two after they come out then. For now I need something for school, as I have four classes with two hours between each class. This is more than enough time for me to complete many assignments (a lot of which have online quizzes and such) between classes. So basically I couldn't really wait for the next generation to be released. Wish they were already here, alas they aren't. They sound interesting though... How will win8 work as far as multiple open apps go? From all the videos I've seen things look a lot different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12