Thread: XSPC RayStorm full copper

XSPC RayStorm full copper

Any one knows any review or have any feedback of this block??

Xtreme Guru
    ea3ot: judging by other blocks that had miscellaneous kind of tops (eg. EK HF), metallic top has almost no affect on performance, or up to half degree at best. As for looks, imho in case of raystorm it looks way worse with copper top on it'sblack mounting plate (copper HF not as bad .. maybe because of rectangular, not bowed shape, dunno). I see no reason for almost no gains in performance and worse looks to pay more.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    ea3ot: judging by other blocks that had miscellaneous kind of tops (eg. EK HF), metallic top has almost no affect on performance, or up to half degree at best. As for looks, imho in case of raystorm it looks way worse with copper top on it'sblack mounting plate (copper HF not as bad .. maybe because of rectangular, not bowed shape, dunno). I see no reason for almost no gains in performance and worse looks to pay more.
    But still be interesting to see some data
    And i agree, coper looks wors, but aluminium mount plate is more reliabl.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I have one coming that I will be working on, but generally unless there is some sort of mechanical contact benefit by less block bending and more base bow capability, the performace should be similar within a degree or so. The raystorm is really good at mechanical contact with the acetal top.

With that said, I look forward to it. I like the looks of bare copper myself and while I never had any problems with the acrylic hold down, I' m not an LED type and would much prefer the added strenth and durability of a copper top and aluminum hold down plate.

I have been noticing that some blocks loose a little performance over many mounts due to mechanical contact performance reducing. A metal top and hold down should help prevent that from happening and allow more extreme mounting pressures.

I have always also just enjoyed the feeling you get holding and installing an all metal block. It inspires a bit of luxury and quality you just don't get in a light weight mostly plastic block.

Martimm thanks, I dont like very much the metacrilat. I have the feeling it will be better continue with my Cuplex Kryos HF...Away from that I guess 128 euros or near is a little bit crazy for this block.

Xtreme Member
    They gone crazy, 130 euros on aquatuning. That one of most expensive and not very well look block. For that money perfomance must be -5C as minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Shteud View Post
    They gone crazy, 130 euros on aquatuning. That one of most expensive and not very well look block. For that money perfomance must be -5C as minimum
    Im agree with you 100%.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah I was tempted until I saw the price. $120 at frozencpu!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Got my sample in. I will hopefully get a chance to do some sort of suppliment to my original review over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Got my sample in. I will hopefully get a chance to do some sort of suppliment to my original review over the weekend.
    I will be waiting for it...thanks.Before spend 120 $ will be very interesting to see whats going on

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Interesting to read, but with that price it make no sens. 2x normal raystorm price (in europe it cost more 150USD ! more expensive only "silver edition" blocks).

Xtreme Member
    With the MSRP they have listed, it is pretty hard to swallow. At this price per block, it's probably cheaper (and more effective) to just go with an EK copper block.