Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Little Angel": My return to water cooling!

Quote Originally Posted by SoMBrA View Post

*Loads of hefty pics*

[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Sweet jesus, that is one gorgeus PSU. I crave for more!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me_gusta-555px.png 
Views:	3015 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	121419

Xtreme Member

- Sponsors -

Aquatuning Espańa / Atlas Informática / NZXT
    ProSilentPC / Seasonic / IzarMicro

Gracias a todos los sponsors por colaborar en el proyecto.
    Many thanks to all the sponsors for the support given to this project

Thanks Edited

Now I'm trying to work on a small logo, will keep you guys updated and see what you think!
    Also I'm still undecided what to do with the graphic cards... let's see what happens in November if there are any news with Battlefield 3 launch!

Some pictures I forgot to take and upload to finish the unboxing of the PSU...

3 x Plugs with a total of 8 SATA power connectors

3 x Plugs with a total of 8 MOLEX connectors

Molex adapter to floppy type connector...

Additional 8 pin power for motherboard!

The good old 24 pin!

2 x Plugs for graphic cards, each with 2 x 6 to 8 pins.
    This is all you need to power your SLI or Crossfire without the need of other molex to GPU adapters

Thanks for watching!
    Last edited by SoMBrA; 03-02-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks to: - [ Aquatuning | Atlas Informática | NZXT | ProSilentPC | Seasonic | IzarMicro ] -

Xtreme Member
    Tiny update!
    I know it's not necessary, but I had to change those green o-rings from the bitspower fittings, so I ordered some black Bitspower O-rings to change all of them...

Much better... right?

I don't like the valve I bought, looks tooooooo small compraed to the compression fittings, and also silver does not match the rest of the build... DO NOT USE!

More picture... soon?

Thanks to: - [ Aquatuning | Atlas Informática | NZXT | ProSilentPC | Seasonic | IzarMicro ] -

Xtreme Member
    Good night!
    I want to show you something guys and tell me what you think

There was something I wanted to do, even before I ordered the case, and was to replace the M3 screws with Thumbscrews, and I just did that... what you guys thinkg?

First thing I removed are the 10 M3 screws that are used by the PCI Covers....
    I have to paint them

Here you can see the Little Devil's factory M3 screws

And here replaced with black thumbscrews

Also for the 5 1/2 bays...

When I ordered the Thumbscrews I did not notice but I got half of them M3 and the other half are UNC 6-32 (If I'm not wrong, since those fit in the HDD's!)

As you can see the paint is not very good, I want to repaint all of them but I need some help.. what you guys recommend?

Should I remove the original paint and then apply new paint?
    Any special treatment so It lasts longer?

Thanks

Xtreme Member
    I prefer the low screw look of Allen head socket cap screws

Hello again, SoMBrA!

Excellent updates!

Tip: Bitspower got ball-valves, like theese; http://techbay.no/product.html/bitsp...ategory_id=100 . They are about €20.

About the screws: I prefer the minimalistic look, so the thumbscrews will be to "bold" for my taste.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edited View Post
    Hello again, SoMBrA!

Excellent updates!

Tip: Bitspower got ball-valves, like theese; http://techbay.no/product.html/bitsp...ategory_id=100 . They are about €20.

About the screws: I prefer the minimalistic look, so the thumbscrews will be to "bold" for my taste.
    Hello Edited!
    Yes I'm after that Valve... already looking what else to order hehe

I also like the minimalistic look, but Little Devil is so huge that even the thumbscrews look ok haha

I was thinking that I could use some snap caps to cover the M3 screws that will be placed in the PCI Covers but I can't have them in the colour I want so I think I will give thumbscrews a try just there and see how they look, I will update so you can tell...

Any tips about painting the thumbscrews?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
    I prefer the low screw look of Allen head socket cap screws
    Thanks for the comment.
    I will check both, the M3 with the MDPC snap caps and see how they look once installed... Those will look larger than the standar Little Devil screws and smaller than the thumbscrews... maybe those are the "perfect fit" for the case

Xtreme Member
    double post
    Last edited by SoMBrA; 10-24-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks awsome, loooove that case. Keep em comming! =)
    Loonym...You are missed.

The element of one

Breathe me in
    Breathe me in

I disbelieve in separation. I close my eyes to see you.
    This is for you, everything I am. This is for you, take it from me.
    I, I disbelieve separation. I close my eyes
    there's no escaping me
    This is for you, everything I am. This is for you, take it from me.
    In your heart in your soul. I perceive rejuvenation

Breathe me in. I am forever. Deep within I am eternal.

I will return to you. I am with you always. I will never turn away from you.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic View Post
    Looks awsome, loooove that case. Keep em comming! =)
    Thanks for the comment!

I might put everything on hold for a couple of weeks until the release of LGA 2011 // X79 motherboards and see if they are worth the extra cost...
    I'm already going to change from the 775 platform so I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks or a month before I buy all the hardware

I've seen also the ASRock X79 board and it looks great so hopefully I won't have to change my colour scheme... I have to say that Asus x79 ROG board looks very nice aswell but its black/red so maybe I end up changing the final idea of the build but I think those colours look great in White case aswell

Hňla!

For some reason I don't like the X79 boards.. Dunno why :o I have dobts regarding the dimm slot layots.

Interesting to see how it will look, and perform!

Adios!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edited View Post
    Hňla!

For some reason I don't like the X79 boards.. Dunno why :o I have dobts regarding the dimm slot layots.

Interesting to see how it will look, and perform!

Adios!
    You are right about the memory layout... Did you see the X79 board from ASRock? The RAM dimm slots are next to some big heatsinks and I think those will be a problem If try to fit RAM waterblocks...
    Also having the DIMM in left and right side of the CPU socket will have to bridge the 3 pieces together... that would look cool imho and challenging somehow...

We will see!

Xtreme Member
    offtopic
    SoMBrA How are you satisfied with case LittleDevill because I want to buy it?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M_T_M View Post
    offtopic
    SoMBrA How are you satisfied with case LittleDevill because I want to buy it?
    I'm very very happy with the case, the only drawback is the amount of Torx Screws you need to remove to access the inside of the case...
    What I did is just leave 3 or 4 screws per panel because I need to open and close the case very often, once the system is fully completed I will put al screws back in...

But the case is very impressive and very well made imo

Xtreme Member
    Finally I decided to paint the thumbscrews since I couldn't find them in M3 thread

These are the M3 thumbscrews I used

I sanded them the best I could and cleaned them to remove any dust.
    I applied 3 layers of paint to preserve the color in the best possible way!

Some spray action!

Now the color...

My mom really liked the "stems" I made, she wanted to keep them for the living room

Before and after (like the diet pills!)

Finally the thumbscrews on It's place.
    I'm very happy with the results

-100c Club Member
    I really like it. Nice pics!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LN˛ Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LN˛ Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LD PC-V8 Watercooling Cases:
    LINK

LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Watercoolig PC case with 10 expansion slots: LINK NEW!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    I really like it. Nice pics!
    Hey Ales thanks for the kind words. Im waiting for the new toys hehe.

Today i recieved some very nice sleeving that I need to think about a pattern before I use it... Will show in the future

Im also waiting for a order from the states with some cool stuff that couldnt find here.. I will have some busy days the next week working on small details since im on hold for the hardware...

Pics! Pics :d :d

Xtreme Member
    Almost no update for a month, but don't want to let the thread "die" so just wanted to post an update with something I really wanted to add to the Little Devil after I realized how much weight will this thing have!

Lian Li black metal casters... they are very nice as you can imagen coming from Lian Li
    Some pictures!

Still a lot of work to do and a lot of things to order... still not decided about the hardware, I'm having a tough time... maybe jump to LGA 2011

Xtreme Member
    Just recieved my order from MDPC-X, and the first thing I did was to replace the internal thumbscrews that I already used to replace the old M3 that were built in when I got the case.

If you remember it used to look like this:

And this is the final result with the new screw and caps...

Xtreme Member
    What hardware you have? X79 motherboard or Z68/P67?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M_T_M View Post
    What hardware you have? X79 motherboard or Z68/P67?
    I was going to buy Z68 but now I think I will change to X79... I did not order hardware yet... I'm waiting to see some more results

I will buy the hardware after christmas / new year holidays

Xtreme Guru
    SoMBrA: if box is for games, x79 will be of same performance (or even 1-2% worse) at tripled price. Go for x79 only if you will have more then two videocards and or often use some real software that heavily uses multicores.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    SoMBrA: if box is for games, x79 will be of same performance (or even 1-2% worse) at tripled price. Go for x79 only if you will have more then two videocards and or often use some real software that heavily uses multicores.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I really plan to go for a Tri-GPU configuration so I'm still deciding what to do, but I also work a lot with photography in high resolutions and not much video encoding but I do need lots of rams and I like the new platform, but maybe is not worth the double price...

We will see... maybe the sponsors help me some more

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast