Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rattler unboxing - XS Exclusive

Technician
    What do you need fixing? Not aware of any bugs at the moment - if you post up here Lord Trident does read and will report to the bios engineers for you

Xtreme Member
    Hi :-)
    I flashed P04 but I have some problems.
    If I boot with the save mode setting (after flash press ok-ok to bios message) I can load windows,
    but when I reboot and change any setting in bios the board give me 03 error (did clear ecc..without result).

Now I come back to P03 but is impossible to change CPU Multiplier, CPU Memory, CPU Turbo Option

Any idea?

Technician
    Sounds very odd, havent hit that problem myself. Have you tried both bios chips? When I got the locked multi problem I had to flash chip 2 in windows. Booted up off chip 1 and swapped the jumper in windows.

I do have another bios you can try if you like - PM me your email address and ill send it over.

Xtreme Member
    currently I have P03 in BIOS 1 and BIOS 2 and the multiplier is locked.
    I don't understand the 03 error, I can try to flash P04 in BIOS 1, boot in safe mode
    and flash in windows P04 on BIOS 2 ()
    what do you think?

Xtreme Member
    thanks Pilsy
    I re-flashed some BIOS () via DOS and now P04 goes (not 03 error)
    but I'm not sure if the overclock works well.

Technician
    No problem, glad its posting at least! Just remember you can only use Turbo ratios, base multi is locked.

Still waiting on parts for mine - ordered my own from the states should be here early next week.

Xtreme Member
    wait for a good P05 :-P

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You can read a small review I wrote about this board here. Google translation is not helping much but you can enjoy the pics

Xtreme Member
    your CPU multiplier is unlocked?

Technician
    Nice review - very fair .
    I totally agree with you on both the plus and minus points. Does your sample board have the cpuz bug? If so it probably also has the cpu multi lock bug which was caused by cpu overclock recovery.

CPUz bug is fixed in retail versions (and you get better memory ocing as a side effect). I think (but do not know for certain) that the overclock recovery function should be all good from P04 on retail boards too.

Xtreme Member
    P05 is out on foxconn website
    go to try it

Technician
    Should probably mention this thread will no longer be updated. I sent the board back for a few components to be switched to bring it up to retail. While it was away Foxconn decided to close the UK branch and make everyone redundant (they gave literally 3 days notice). As I no longer have the board or any contacts at foxconn and they dont seem to be interested in continuing support for UK reviewers/testers then this thread unfortunately is pretty much dead.

Want to say a massive thanks to LordTrident for all the support he's given us. Congrats on the new job as well mate .

I am having issues with this board. If I set it up in the BIOS to run at 4.GHz with 1,24v, it boots, everything is fine, it runs Prime95, games. However if I turn it off and then switch it on, it doesn't boot, the error it shows is just "1.", and if I try to shut it down with the onboard buttons, it just wont... The BIOS is the P05. Some times it just blocks under the 32 error. Even in the older BIOS I had problems, so I don't understand what is the problem.

lol more Foxconn customers/employees loose.
    AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6Ghz
    Foxxconn Destroyer (Bios P14)
    2X2Gb Ocz Reaper 1066 @ 533Mhz
    36Gb Raptor + 250Gb WD SATA II + 2x WD Black 1TB
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB SLI
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750
    ZALMAN 9900
    ANTEC NINE HUNDRED

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234