Thread: IR Blaster on Hauppauge Collosus

Xtreme Mentor

IR Blaster on Hauppauge Collosus

I bought this capture card and I've been fighting the config with Win7 MC for the last few weeks.
    I've managed to get the Video IN and Guide to work in WMC using DVBLink (beautiful quality btw), but I'm having serious problems with the IR blaster...
    Not sure if anyone can offer any help, but I thought I'd ask. I'll try and keep this brief, if you think you can help and you need more info feel free to ask!

My Gear:
    Thermaltake DH-101 case w/Soundgraph iMON IR reciever and LCD display (no blaster) and the Collosus Card that has blaster & receiver (both suck).
    I'm pretty happy with the iMon software and it controls WMC just fine, of course it won't change channels on my STB though.

My Goal:
    To use the iMon as the input, and only use the Collosus blaster to change channels....
    I can get the Collosus to change channels using the supplied IRblaster.config software, but it won't do it under WMC.

I've checked the config settings on all the software (DVBLink/WMC/IRConfig) and can't figure it out!
    I'm not a noob to HTPC stuff. Maybe I'm just asking too much, or I'm just not skilled enough...

Oh well, I know there are some serious pros on here, so I thought I'd ask.
    Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks, Dave
    AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

First Computer: Commodore Vic 20 (circa 1981).

Xtreme Member
    Who is your cable provider and what type of STB do you have?
    BREAKING NEWS For Friday 26th June 2009: Casper the friendly ghost was molested in the early hours of this morning!

Xtreme Mentor
    Service provider is TWC Cincinnati
    And the STB is a Samsung SMT-H3272 (DVR).

I was thinking of trying FireWire to change channels. I messed with it a little when I first got the box
    though, and it didn't seem to work...
    AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

Xtreme Member
    You can use firewire to change channels as long as you have a 32-bit installation of windows. There are no firewire drivers for 64 bit windows afaik. I have TWC as well with a Scientific Atlanta 8300 HDC box and firewire works perfectly for me, although I am using SageTV.
    BREAKING NEWS For Friday 26th June 2009: Casper the friendly ghost was molested in the early hours of this morning!

Xtreme Mentor
    Yeah, I'm running a x64 OS though... This box is a little screwy, it won't even output HDMI and Component at the same time.
    It's a one or the other situation, and requires a hard reset (unplug) whenever I switch outputs.

It would really be nice if the firewire option would work for me, but like I said, the FW port doesn't seem to work.

I may have to dig way deeper than normal and change the register setting for WMC if I can get it to work at all.
    Just sucks to be so close and not be able to finish it out...

Thanks for the suggestions though!
    Dave