Thread: Asus g53sw-xn1

Xtreme Member

Asus g53sw-xn1

I have been considering this laptop but I have heard about some power button issues. Anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo
    αποστασία

Xtreme Member
    Had it for 3 months (doing performance reviews in it) and had the issue. It was brand new model bought from normal shop.

Basically situation looks like this:

You press the power button, it looks like it's going on and suddenly it turns off. You're repeating the cycle as long as it takes for keyboard backlit lighting to turn on, then it means it will work Stupid and strange, especially when you need to get your computer running on as fast as you can.

Xtreme Member
    So would you advise against purchasing this laptop? It's a real shame considering there's nothing else out there that has the hardware for the price. There are dells around the same but with a weaker card and usually a weaker CPU.
    αποστασία

Asus G73JH-X1 or A1 is excellent gaming laptop for price range around $1000.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveprime View Post
    So would you advise against purchasing this laptop? It's a real shame considering there's nothing else out there that has the hardware for the price. There are dells around the same but with a weaker card and usually a weaker CPU.
    Not really against. For me it's a good piece of hardware. Sometimes you just might get nervous when you will be trying to turn it on immediately.