Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swiftech to release optional HSF for MCP35. pumps

Xtreme Mentor
    For 15 bucks i wont be afraid to dremel it atleast

Oh and just for the record. Im a fan of Gabe and swiftech and have been for some years. Shure they made some mistakes but they do make good quality products and Gabe always seemes so proffessional on this forum
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Xtreme Member
    I for one like the compactness of my MCP355 but I gotta admit there is plenty of room in my case (around the pump at least! :P ) so 60x60 or 80x80 is going to be the same for me.
    none

I am Xtreme
    Well, I can't argue with the price but, it looks like the fan is limited to a 15mm or 20mm thickness at best and if you cut the sink down to the size of the pump, your also going to have to rework the sink by adding the holes for the standoff screws if you want to keep the isolation system intact.

I think I'll stick to Koolance's as it's a bit more proactive about heat removal as well, what with the thermal pad touching both the sink and the PCB. Could really care less about keeping warranty in place. I'm actually more interested in the new 140mm rads Gabe. Depending on their size, I may have a home for a MCR140 right now.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Guru
    Waterlogged: .. with GTs+adapters?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks nice! I never thought these pumps would need a heatsync, but for ~$15, why not? Great work as always!
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators

Mr Swiftech
    We published an update on temperature tests here:

http://www.swiftech.com/mcp35x-hsf.aspx
    CEO Swiftech

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    waterlogged: .. With gts+adapters?
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Mr Swiftech

The product has been released

It's out now, and available for immediate delivery.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    Err Gabe, you notice how this won't work for dual pumps right?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Err Gabe, you notice how this won't work for dual pumps right?
    FYI..

http://www.swiftech.com/stephens-corner.aspx#tab3

A simple G1/4 coupler can stack them like this, and nothing stopping you from adding a heatsink to the base of the others too.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    FYI..

http://www.swiftech.com/stephens-corner.aspx#tab3

A simple G1/4 coupler can stack them like this, and nothing stopping you from adding a heatsink to the base of the others too.
    Okay... that looks odd. Surprised it can maintain it's balance. (and even when running!) But yeah, I meant a 'real' dual pump top that most would use for a dual pump setup.

Xtreme Mentor
    Yeah, I think he meant with a dual top. I am in the same situation. I have the Heatkiller dual top and this would have been nice, but the pumps sit right next to each other, so this won't work. However, I picked up my pump to see if it needed any cooling and even sitting on a towel with no airflow it was just warm. Worst case I can use the ones Bei Fei gave me. Back on topic, I really like this, probably more than the Koolance because of the built in stand it gives you. It's a great idea and the price is right. I will say it again, Gabe and Stephen, awesome job on the new products and innovation, really liking the direction. I am really interested in the new rads, hopefully we will see some more details soon.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Okay... that looks odd. Surprised it can maintain it's balance. (and even when running!) But yeah, I meant a 'real' dual pump top that most would use for a dual pump setup.
    Ahh...I see.

If I understand it right... these heatsinks simply mount to the base via the two base screw holes. You could probably make it work by drilling new holes and using a dremel to create the screw head socket.

Or you could simply cut one side down whatever that overhang is. You would loose the inner feet, but that's probably no big deal when you have two mounted to a solid two pump top. The latter option would probably look the best. The cuts would butt against each other, so you wouldn't even see that.
    Last edited by Martinm210; 05-07-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Actually the second suggestion is a good idea, Martin. May think about that. Thanks.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Did anyone else notice on the HSF page that it mentions an unknown pump "35B" as part of the MCP family?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by crash5s View Post
    While I agree, and that radiator test was god horrid, they have come a long way and I'm willing to give them a chance.

I started my water cooling with swiftech, but even they ed up, see the apogee GTX with aluminum and the colbalt coating that didn't really hold up

Everybody screws up, koolance has come a long way. But still when I look for WC parts, switech, EK are on the top of my list.
    I have had a GTX since they came out, and its still running great with no corrosion.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by MengNa View Post
    Did anyone else notice on the HSF page that it mentions an unknown pump "35B" as part of the MCP family?
    Good catch..

PWM 35 series with Laing top?...not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Good catch..

PWM 35 series with Laing top?...not sure.
    Thanks!
    That could be good for anyone who wants PWM but plans to use an aftermarket top or maybe one of those bay res combos...

Xtreme Member
    I have a mcp355 for 6 months now but havn't noticed any high temps with it, its on top of a noise damping foam like thingy as well. Is pump heat a big issue when it comes to longevity?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MengNa View Post
    Could be a new product?
    Let's ask Swiftech.

Xtreme Addict
    Lol, very funny Stephen .
    Could you tell us when we can expect to hear more about it?
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    Lol, very funny Stephen .
    Could you tell us when we can expect to hear more about it?
    Swiftech Unveils the MCP35B pump - Product Page..."A feature-packed, high-power, high-reliability pump on a conservative budget"

BTW, did you guys also notice that the MSRP of the MCP35X dropped to $99.95 ???
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    But note this: the amount of heat that goes into the loop remains very limited, so the primary benefit of installing an HSF to the pump would'nt be noticeable for loop thermal perf, but rather to remove heat from the pump.
    Gabe, we need to work on your marketing.
    "The primary benefit of installing an HSF to the pump would be noticeable heat removal from the pump."

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Swiftech Unveils the MCP35B pump - Product Page..."A feature-packed, high-power, high-reliability pump on a conservative budget"

BTW, did you guys also notice that the MSRP of the MCP35X dropped to $99.95 ???
    Looks like its MCP350 (non-PWM) with the 35X top, right?
    Also in this post: request for new rads info and request to make radiator fan gaskets
    "Red Dwarf", SFF gaming PC
    Winner of the ASUS Xtreme Design Competition
    Sponsors...ASUS, Swiftech, Intel, Samsung, G.Skill, Antec, Razer
    Hardware..[Maximus III GENE, Core i7-860 @ 4.1Ghz, 4GB DDR3-2200, HD5870, 256GB SSD]
    Water.......[Apogee XT CPU, MCW60-R2 GPU, 2x 240mm radiators, MCP350 pump]

Xtreme Guru
    gabe: simply wow
    With price dropped i see NO reason to get other DDC varieties anymore*. Heck, at same or lower price better top & pwm for free? Humans love freebies

* Except those rare who care about not loosing warranty and using bayrestops.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast