Thread: Low consumption cards...need help

Xtreme Mentor

Low consumption cards...need help

I'm getting some rigs back online and was going to go with either a ATI 4670 or 5670 due to their extremely low idle power. I would like to also do some folding for the team also though. Are there any nvidia cards that are close to their power consumption?

TIA Ryan

Xtreme Cruncher
    Something like the GT240 would only consume 10W at idle but quickly jumps to 70W at load and is a lower end card for crunching (I would actually worry about it getting phased out relatively soon...)

For best performance for the power, it goes in order: 590/580/570/480/470/465/560Ti/460/295/285/275/216, but unfortunately none of those are lower power cards really. I mean you could try either the 430 or the 440, I have no idea about either of those. But try to stick with the CC2.0 cards as they get better performance.

I'll look to see if there's a cuda 2.0 card that's low power tomorrow night if someone doesn't beat me to it.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

I like http://www.hwcompare.com/category/gpu-comparisons/ it can give you a pretty solid idea of theoretical power draw and performance.