Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I returned my D700

Xtreme Member
    I'm very much aware of what Foveon is. I think the Sigma look is more "3D" than Bayer cameras. Also anytime you can remove the AA filter, the image looks so much better in my opinion. Part of the reason why the M9 images look so good. I'm just concerned that jumping on the Sigma train will hurt my lens choices too drastically.
    2600K + Sabertooth + 560Ti

Xtreme Addict
    You can still convert some old ones.. and Sigma isnt that bad when used with their own lens. Plus they are apparently improving their lineup with new lens dedicated to APS-C (50-150 f2.8 with stabilisation, eg. 70-200 on FF). I saw few images from SD14, pretty impressive in right hands. Considering its just around 5 mpix of real resolution.. very impressive. But Bayer throws away around 1/3 of resolution, so its not that strange.

Though, you can remove AA from almost every camera you want.. for a price ofc.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Member
    I'm super excited about the 120-300 F2.8. That is an excellent telephoto for wildlife. Its gunna cost a pretty penny but I'm sure someone will sell it on ebay in order to pay rent.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mescalamba View Post
    Though, you can remove AA from almost every camera you want.. for a price ofc.
    And how much would that be?
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Member
    Its a fairly straight forward process. I don't believe he means price as in $$$. Its a resolution vs moire thing. Or just by a SD1 when it comes out and get resolving power with zero moire.

BTW, that 120-300 lens will be expensive, around $2k but that means the old version will be cheap. Only difference is OS and weatherproofing. Animals don't hang out in the rain anyways. Still beat Canon and Nikon equivalents which are around $4k

Xtreme Addict
    $450 and some shipping for removing AA from 5DMK2, for example. Or you can buy already modified body for $3,975.00.

Definetly not cheap. But its possible, if someone really wants.

Most interesting conversion is to pure BW (eg. removing CFA).
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ke View Post
    Its a fairly straight forward process. I don't believe he means price as in $$$. Its a resolution vs moire thing. Or just by a SD1 when it comes out and get resolving power with zero moire.

BTW, that 120-300 lens will be expensive, around $2k but that means the old version will be cheap. Only difference is OS and weatherproofing. Animals don't hang out in the rain anyways. Still beat Canon and Nikon equivalents which are around $4k
    Well, Sigma is almost always about price/performace ratio. Both Canon and Nikon have great lens, but for really high prices (sometimes not entirely worth that price).

OS is good thing usually only when you dont want to stop motion, but if you shoot animals/sport, you cant use long exposure anyway, so any kind of IS is pretty much useless and only F-stop and high-ISO performace counts.
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

I am Xtreme
    i wasss gonna ask m9 pics....just reread the scam ..darnit

Xtreme Member
    Just so you know. I've gotten 4 scams. They often pose as EBAY or DHL as intermediaries and require money sent by money transfer. I didn't get scammed because I called to verify the transaction's legitimacy w/ the companies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12