Thread: Watercooling Stricker II Formula

Xtreme Enthusiast

Watercooling Stricker II Formula

Ok, so Ive ID'ed my next project. Adding a second loop to my computer to cool my NB, SB, and Mosfets.

Ive run out of Rad space and only have space for a 92mm rad.

Below is my shopping list so far:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/71...z23a&mv_pc=407

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/79...z23a&mv_pc=410

Ill have a 92mm on pull and a 120mm on push (via the adapter).

Ill be using 3/8" tubing. Im looking to purchase all blocks/pump second hand.

My only issue is what pump/res combo? Im trying to keep it very cheap (sub $50 total) and very compact. Probably looking for a 350 and a 3/8" T-Line. Will probably have to go second hand on this as well...

Pic below. I plant on having the 92mm fan between the case and Rad with the 120mm fan at the end. It'll look sloppy...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by StAndrew; 01-31-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok, so got a question on how to accomplish this:

I was going to make a completely separate loop as for MOSFETs, NB, SB, MCP350, and 92mm rad. With the 120mm rad mounted inside, I cant fit one of the MOSFET block so Im left with NB and SB. I have three options and havent made a decisions yet so I figured Id put it up here:

A: Stick with separate loop. Use a MCP350, 92mm rad, NB and SB blocks, and 3/8" tubing. I will mount the 92mm externally on the back, with a cut out 92mm fan as a shroud, and current 92mm fan in place (keep it on pull - it pushes cool air in for the three HD's up there and for the Power Supply). Im also planning on mounting a 120mm to 92mm adapter to the outside of the rad to put a 120mm fan on push. Probably the more expensive solution but easiest as well.

B: Integrate into current loop. Cheapest but I wont be able to integrate the 92mm rad without cutting bigger holes in my case for 1/2" tubing. It will also be very difficult with all of the new components and will probably require more than a few rotary 90's to accomplish. In the end, CPU and GPU cooling will most likely suffer (unless I can mount a third rad which is unlikely).

C: Integrate into current loop but use Swiftech "F" fittings. 1/2" will be broken down to 3/8" and 7/16" tubing. The 3/8" will flow to the NB, SB, 90mm rad, and back. No other components will be located between the F fittings. While flow rate will suffer overall, the extra 92mm rad will be more than adequate at dispersing heat form the NB and SB, so it should help cool the overall loop as well. An easy and cheap solution.

So far I have an Enzotech NB block courtesy of Utnorris (beautiful block by the way), and an EK SB block courtesy of psmawson.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Intel 8700k
    16GB
    Asus z370 Prime
    1080 Ti
    x2 Samsung 850Evo 500GB
    x 1 500 Samsung 860Evo NVME

Swiftech Apogee XL2
    Swiftech MCP35X x2
    Full Cover GPU blocks
    360 x1, 280 x1, 240 x1, 120 x1 Radiators

Xtreme Member
    I would shy away from f fittings and different tubing sizes myself. I have no data to back this up, but I'd be afraid of what it would do to performance.