Thread: Anti-condensation tubing?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Anti-condensation tubing?

Just seeing if anyone know of any tubing that fulfills the role of a tube and anti-condensate for sub-zero water cooling? So far I've read Norprene does a fairly decent job to a point. Anything else out there or will pretty much everything have to be wrapped?

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    anything that is run under the dew point will need to be insulated.

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Different hose materials have different inherent insulation properties. The surface temperature of say Norprene tubing will be a lot warmer versus the coolant inside, leading to better cooling capacity. A copper pipe surface temperature would be virtually exactly the same temperature as the coolant inside. I read someone here got Norprene tubing down to -15 C before it had any condensation. Just curious if theres even something better.

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Yes I have read that one also \/ but I can say I run my chiller @ -100c on straight water with no problems also would you buy that? I would like to see it for my self first.

Quote Originally Posted by Elloquin View Post
    It depends. One factor is going to be ambient teps. Warmer the area more chance for condensation at higher fluid temps. It also depends on how cold you plan on getting the fluid in the chiller. I have had Norprene condensate at -13c fluid temps in a 19c ambient room.
    But like I stated if you are looking for sub-zero as you stated in the first post you will need to insulate on top of what little insulating properties you gain by different types of tubing.

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----