Thread: Some Info about Inferno Katana GTI

Post Some Info about Inferno Katana GTI

Hello guys .. great forum u have here

i got the inferno katana GTI 5 days ago with core i5 760
    i hit 4 GHz with some effort but it was worth the try
    anyway i have some questions for Foxconn guys

1-why the QF LED on the middle of the mobo not lighting it's like dead is this only for the IK version not the GTI ?

2-why the fuzzy equalizer LEDs not working even if i activate it from the bios?
    this too for IK version not the GTI?

3-why there is no software can read this mobo sensors such as everst , HWmonitor and CPUz i need to know the fans speed and temps and Voltage
    i see the only software that can do that is that AEGISPANEL so thats weird every mobo can monitor everything in HWmonitor and everst so why can't the IK GTI do this too ?

4- finally i need some OC guide guys i have the latest version G18 of the bios

thanks in advance

Technician
    TBH I don't know if any of our regulars here have the IK . Nothing against the board, we just all jumped on Bloodrage and i7 I think!

Its a really solid board though - I've not heard of any weirdness with it so just a generic p55 ocing guide should get you started. We need to know your full system specs though really. Anyway there's definitely nothing odd in the bios so you should find it quite straightforward to get a decent oc .

If you want help with specific bios settings post them up and we'll do our best to assist .

My Specs is

mobo : Foxconn Inferno Katana GTI
    cpu : Intel Core i5 760
    mem : Geil evo one DDR3 Bus 1600 CL9 2x2GB Kit
    Gpu : Evga nVidia GeForce GTX470 Superclocked
    cpu cooler : Zalman CNPS 10X Performa

and thx tons buddy for trying to help .. much appreciate it
    Last edited by D3VIOUS; 12-18-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Technician
    Heres the link to the guide : http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-g...core-i3-i5-i7/

Like I said its a very good generic guide - itll get you far enough towards where you can start learning stuff for yourself without running the risk of damaging anything along the way .

A good target for day to day stable would be 20x200 for 4ghz. You could probably get 4.2ghz benchmark stable on that cooling but id expect temperatures to get a little high for 24/7 use unless youve got an absolute gem of a cpu . By sticking to th 8x memory multi you would get 1600mhz ram speed at 200bclk, so well within your memory's capability. Once youve got the hang of the cpu you can look at tweaking the ram.

Any specific questions ask away, will do my best .

Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    Heres the link to the guide : http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-g...core-i3-i5-i7/

Like I said its a very good generic guide - itll get you far enough towards where you can start learning stuff for yourself without running the risk of damaging anything along the way .

A good target for day to day stable would be 20x200 for 4ghz. You could probably get 4.2ghz benchmark stable on that cooling but id expect temperatures to get a little high for 24/7 use unless youve got an absolute gem of a cpu . By sticking to th 8x memory multi you would get 1600mhz ram speed at 200bclk, so well within your memory's capability. Once youve got the hang of the cpu you can look at tweaking the ram.

Any specific questions ask away, will do my best .
    did the multiplier on 20 x 200 for the bclock equal 4.00GHz voltage 1.38
    or 0.18+ according to bios give the ram to work on 1600 so i raised the ram voltage to 1.66 no luck blue screens after 20 mins of prime raised the voltage to 1.68 still no luck .. wat i tried already and was stable on 2 hrs of prime is 21 x 191 give 4.03GHz and that was stable but ram was around 1521 so
    is this about rams that hold the OC ? or theres sth wrong i did ?

and plz i need to know about why the sensores of this mobo not readable on any morniter software but the one from Foxconn and need to know about the LEDs too plz
    anyone from Foxconn here can tell me how this mobo should work ?
    ty
    Last edited by D3VIOUS; 12-18-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Technician
    You'll need to increase qpi/vtt to get 20x200 stable. Quick and dirty method is to set vtt to the same as vcore then try reducing it when you have reached your goal regards ocing.

Xtreme Member
    GTI does not have the led that why they not working

make sure you update the itweaker firmware http://www.ex3clan.com/foxconn/Infer...12110-beta.zip
    and for the softwware download from the quantum force http://www.quantum-force.net/pub/Dow...202.1.2.68.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trident View Post
    GTI does not have the led that why they not working

make sure you update the itweaker firmware http://www.ex3clan.com/foxconn/Infer...12110-beta.zip
    and for the softwware download from the quantum force http://www.quantum-force.net/pub/Dow...202.1.2.68.zip
    how to update the Itweaker ? like the bios ?
    and for the sensores why theres no program can read this mobo senores ? is foxconn using some kind of special senores no other company like Gigabyte and Asus

Xtreme Member
    yes it has it own batch file like the bios does
    yes the itweaker is QF own ITE chip that none of the other have, and as you can see it has it own firmware, which is why there was no software on the cd
    was a few month after when the aegispanel come out
    seem none of the other program have asked us for information and i can not be both to get the information now(but think i got the datasheets for the chip somewere lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trident View Post
    yes it has it own batch file like the bios does
    yes the itweaker is QF own ITE chip that none of the other have, and as you can see it has it own firmware, which is why there was no software on the cd
    was a few month after when the aegispanel come out
    seem none of the other program have asked us for information and i can not be both to get the information now(but think i got the datasheets for the chip somewere lol)

can u explain more plz .. how do i update the itweaker fw bcoz i tried through live update and it hang on 98% and nothing happen

and about the sensors u can email the CPID devs they will respond i guess it will b sth nice to HWmonitor and CPUZ and AIDA64 read everything on Foxconn mobos
    Last edited by D3VIOUS; 12-20-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Xtreme Member
    dos boot disk
    and then run the batch file

live updater only does bios and nothing else

and about the sensors sorry no i will not email them, it not my job
    if they come to us fine i answer
    but as the board been out over a year and they not asked then they dont want

Technician
    Yeah thats down to the individual software developers to ask for dude, not down to foxconn to go emailing them all . If you request support for the board via the software vendors then its up to them whether they contact foxconn for the info or not...

ok guys i contact the guys in CPUID for the Foxconn sensors issue
    now they asked me how would they can contact the guy on charge for this stuff in Foxconn i PMed Lord Trident but got no asnwer so far
    so who can provide this kind of info from Foxconn ???

Technician
    Anyone at the foxconn support email address should be able to at least forward the request on to the right person. Its at least a good place to start .