Thread: 120mm Fan Testing on an MCR120 Radiator Round 6

Threaded View

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Coolink SWiF2 1201

Another fan sponsored by Shazza Very much appreciated

Never heard about this fan before, but I picked it out when Shazza gave me the option because I liked the higher number of blades and forward sweep. I think this is a good fan overall.

PACKAGE
    This is more of your standard package and comes with some bright green rubber case mount nipples as well as case screws. The fan itself seems very well cast and constructed visually, and the wires are sleeved with heatshrink type tube. That's not as flexible as regular braided sleeving, but better than bare wires.

NOISE LEVEL
    It was spot on the exact same level as the yate medium which is good.

NOISE QUALITY
    The 11 bladed impeller is an improvement in sound quality over your typical 7 blade types. This tends to smooth out the air/wind type noises to more of a constant. I particularly liked the noise qualities of this fan at lower voltages. I did not notice any apparent motor noises or resonance issues throughout the voltage range

CFM per RPM
    The 11 bladed impeller was a good gain per RPM over the yate medium and produced roughly the same CFM as the yate did at about 80 RPM lower speeds.

VALUE
    Running around $15 a fan, this would be about average in value.

EFFICIENCY
    Not as good as the yate medium, consumes roughly 50% more power per CFM.

OVERALL
    In general the fan performed roughly the same noise level as the yate medium with slightly better sound quality. It was roughly similar to the Arctic Cooling F12, except it wasn't quite as low in noise level, but it was a little more consistent throughout the voltage range..

A better than average fan for an average price.

VIDEO LINK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W1QQRbTDJE

Last edited by Martinm210; 11-07-2010 at 07:14 PM.