Thread: Best phone for Exchange 2007 and GAL.

Xtreme Addict

Best phone for Exchange 2007 and GAL.

I'm currently looking at business phone for us here and we really need something that intergrates well with MS Exchange well and supports GAL ( Global Address Lists).

I've already considered Android since I own a Desire for personal use. But even though it supports Exchange it does not GAL, which makes it pretty useless for a business using GAL, since we operate in both Europe and mainly in Africa and need people to instantly have it all.

The issue about Android and GAL
    http://code.google.com/p/android/iss...02#makechanges

There's blackberry, although our server and provider does not run BlackBerry Exchange Server, so that could be a no go. Although any further information could help.

Windows Mobile 6.5 works very well as we know, but considering Windows Phone 7 is around the corner we're not willing to invest into something that's already old and will no longer be supported fully.

From what I've read Nokia and specially the E series such as the E63 and E71/2 use Exchange fairly well.

That also leaves the iPhone, we're reluctant about using it, although it is an option.

Do any of you have any experience here with these and any advice on which phone will be very good for out needs.

Any other recommendation are also appreciated.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I use my iPhone 4 for Exchange - it's currently the only one that will allow multiple Exchange accounts on the same phone. I was using an HTC Hero (android) prior to the iPhone, and I really liked it - but the iPhone is just simply better. I'm not an Apple fanboy, but the phone is the best I've ever used. I tried multiple WinMo phones and they all basically sucked. Hope WinMo 7 is a huge leap forward.
    Bloodrage || 920 @ 3.2Ghz || TRUE Black
    3x 2GB HyperX 2000 || @ 2000Mhz 7.7.7
    2x 300GB WD VR Raid 0 || 2x 2TB Samsung F3 Raid 0
    LG 10x BD-R || LG 22x DVD/RW
    MSI GE 470 || LG 246WP
    Sonar X-Fi || Klipsch 5.1
    Lycosa || Mamba || Exact Mat
    CM ATCS 840 || Seasonic M12D
    Server 2008 R2 x64

i would say winmo 6.5 and get the lg expo, i know that phone7 is out soon but its not for smartphones its like a feature phone OS or it will be at launch
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi