Thread: droid x by far the best cell iv ever used

Xtreme Enthusiast

droid x by far the best cell iv ever used

I used one for 5 seconds and bought one at full retail.the cell is amazing!!!

You can do so much with it its not even funny

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    yea i went from bb curve to original droid it was life changing being able to accually browse the intrawebs, 4chan browsing anywhere lol.

as soon as they have swype for android I will really want it, i have to use physical keyboard.. i cant type on the screen lawl

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Im coming from the first moto droid and i was on an iphone before that.i hated the droid but the new droid x is 10x better.it fixed everything i didn't like about the first one.

Few things that i love so far.

You can log into your home network and streme and cop yfiles with no restrictions

Connect to my tv threw dlna and stream to it.

Let's say you want to dl an mp3 off beemp3 you can save it to the cell right off the website on the browser.

Xtreme Addict
    After coming from an iPhone 3G to a Nexus One, I have to say I love Android. I want nothing more to do with iOS.

I kind of wish I had made the jump to Verizon and picked up a Droid, then rooted/overclocked it. I enjoy the hardware keyboard, even if it's a poor hardware keyboard.

That being said, the Droid doesn't meet the hardware requirements for Android 3.0, however I'm sure some developers will get it running. That's all down the line near the end of 2010, however.

Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    yea i went from bb curve to original droid it was life changing being able to accually browse the intrawebs, 4chan browsing anywhere lol.

as soon as they have swype for android I will really want it, i have to use physical keyboard.. i cant type on the screen lawl
    the galaxyS has swipe and a real keyboard. and i think that u could just load the keyboard or get something like the incredible were u can just reflash it with a custom firmware.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    ill be gettin droid X when they ship more out on the 3rd... coming from storm1 and storm2 both since launch. ive never used android but lookin forward to it. ill have to read up on rooting/overclocking, etc., i dont even know what rooting it is on my storms i made my own themes, hybrid OS's, etc. so im gonna feel like a 1st grader again

edit: and droidX has swipe typing
    LEO!!!!
    amd phenom II x6 1100T | gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 . .
    2x2gb g.skill 2133c8 | 128gb g.skill falcon ssd
    sapphire ati 5850 | x-fi xtrememusic. . .
    samsung f4 2tb | samsung dvdrw . .
    corsair tx850w | windows 7 64-bit.
    ddc3.25 xspc restop | ek ltx | mc-tdx | BIP . .
    lycosa-g9-z2300 | 26" 1920x1200 lcd .

Xtreme Member
    The fact that Motorola are using some weird method to lock their bootloader turned me away from their phones but they look nice. Hope you enjoy your purchase.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    they completly tweaked the cell,it has its own custom keyboard and layout ect like the htc uses,it way better than the first droid.As far as unlocking it and rooting it I wouldnt even bother.You can already do so much with it that is not really worth it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Its a huge improvement over my last phone, but sometimes it locks up for about 5-10 seconds, like before i voice-to-text...
    Anyone else have that problem?
    HAF922 (3 fan upgraded) 700w ModXtreme
    MSI GD-65 // HIS 5850 // Saitek Esclipse
    Core i5 750 @ 3.32Ghz (OC Genie) Megahalem w/ 1200rpm Scythe Slipstream
    G. Skill RipJaws DDR3 2000 4x2 gig
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB // 5:1 Dell Surround
    24inch Samsung ToC // MX518

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Needing a new phone soon, never leaving Verizon.

Sick of no BB innovations, the Droid X is a strong contender.
    Donate to XS.org

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Franklin
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." -Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."-Thomas Paine