View Poll Results: Any suggestion which BP fittings' color should I go for nickel plated water blocks?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt Black

9 64.29%
  • Shiny Silver

3 21.43%
  • Black Sparkle

2 14.29%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Mod Ascension "MMA"

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by malkiewicz View Post
    Any luck with your OC / do you have any photo updates?
    I took lot of photos, Its hard to take good photos when one has a gorillapod

how do you take screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Nice build mate, hows the cable sleeving with this case? might need it for my next build since im going to be using 3x 480's, 990x etc...
    The hardest part of this case is cable management. I still need to work on it. I will take some pictures now and post them up soon.

DySfunCtiOnal MeMbEr
    Yeah the gorillapod is cool... You should go all out and get the Nikon Bogen Manfrotto Pro

Quote Originally Posted by marxviper View Post
    I took lot of photos, Its hard to take good photos when one has a gorillapod

how do you take screenshot?

The hardest part of this case is cable management. I still need to work on it. I will take some pictures now and post them up soon.
    Windows 7 64 Bit
    BenQ FP241W Black 24" LCD
    Mountain Mod Case w/ Base
    Asus Rampage III Black Edition
    i9-990x @ 4.58GHz - 1.36v Temps (Idle 23C - Load 48C)
    12GB Corsiar Dominator GT (PC3 15000) @ 9-9-9-24 1T - 1.65v
    Sapphire 5870 x3 "OC" w/ EK Water Block Temps (25C-49C)
    EK-Supreme / 4 Alphacool Laing DDC-Pump Ultras + Extras
    Power Supply / 2x Silver Stone DX1000
    Western Digital 1.0TB x 3
    Crosair SSD 128GB x 2

World Community Grid!

Xtreme Member
    Yeah the gorillapod is cool... You should go all out and get the Nikon Bogen Manfrotto Pro
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

I got a problem. I don't know if it's due to the pump or it's due to feser coolant.

I was playing team fortress and I got warning that graphics card is above 100 degrees.

I checked the reservoir and noticed the filling rate of the reservoir compared to when I had distilled water in it. I also noticed some gluey stuff floating on the reservoir.

Should I get stronger pump or replace the current one?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Xtreme Member
    Here is my endeavor in photography with feser coolant.

Here is gluey thing I am talking about:

Last edited by marxviper; 07-17-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Before I could see coolant flowing into the reservoir like a tap water, now its just lingering around the wall of reservoir.

Xtreme Cruncher
    did you rinse out the rads etc. before you filled up the system?
    Main: i7-930 @ 2.8GHz HT on; 1x GIGABYTE GTX 660 Ti OC 100% GPUGrid
    2nd: i7-920 @ 2.66GHz HT off; 1x EVGA GTX 650 Ti SSC 100% GPUGrid
    3rd: i7-3770k @ 3.6GHz HT on, 3 threads GPUGrid CPU; 2x GIGABYTE GTX 660 Ti OC 100% GPUGrid
    Part-time: FX-4100 @ 3.6GHz, 2 threads GPUGrid CPU; 1x EVGA GTX 650 100% GPUGrid

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by werdwerdus View Post
    did you rinse out the rads etc. before you filled up the system?
    Yeah. Alot.

Switching on pump for five to seven second without water could harm the pump or not?

Xtreme Mentor
    Yeah. Alot.

Switching on pump for five to seven second without water could harm the pump or not?
    It should be avoided. Without water in the pump it can spin up too fast, causes damage to the bearings and impellers.

Also, while I do not use Feser One UV Blue, I have run across a few cases of people describing gunk build up from the blue.

One of the more famous builders:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=634

take a look at her water block.... does it look familiar. In this case she wasn't using premixed Feser One I believe, but she dye bombed it. It has some tissue residue associated with it as it appears.

Generally speaking, dye coolants are troublesome, and keeping debris from your loops is very important.
    One hundred years from now It won't matter
    What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in
    How much money I had in the bank Nor what my cloths looked like.... But The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child.
    -- from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpingJack View Post
    It should be avoided. Without water in the pump it can spin up too fast, causes damage to the bearings and impellers.

Also, while I do not use Feser One UV Blue, I have run across a few cases of people describing gunk build up from the blue.

One of the more famous builders:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=634

take a look at her water block.... does it look familiar. In this case she wasn't using premixed Feser One I believe, but she dye bombed it. It has some tissue residue associated with it as it appears.

Generally speaking, dye coolants are troublesome, and keeping debris from your loops is very important.
    thanks for your reply...

I forgot that there was not water running pump for few seconds even though there was some water in it..

How could you dissolve that junk out of the system?

Maybe this junk is causing my pump to slow down.

Man, I need to return extra three bottles of feser blue back to uk then for refund.

Xtreme Member
    Could please send me the link of the product you mentioned above?

It's hard to find on the net. I found one but it's head of tripod.

Xtreme Mentor
    thanks for your reply...

I forgot that there was not water running pump for few seconds even though there was some water in it..

How could you dissolve that junk out of the system?

Maybe this junk is causing my pump to slow down.

Man, I need to return extra three bottles of feser blue back to uk then for refund.
    It is not easy, some dyes are just solid supensions (colloidal solutions), and the small particulates just conglomerate, other dyes are funky organic/water soluble complex conjugate systems, that when exposed to UV tend to polymerize and precipitate out of solution causing the gunk.

The only real way to fix this is to take everything apart and clean them. When I have a gunked up block, I use the softest toot brush I can find, some IPA and distilled water and just rinse, scrub, rinse, scrub.

After I am finished I reassemble the loop and flush it vigorously. A trick:

- Go to a pet shop and find a 'vacuum' tank cleaner, which is nothing more than an aspirator that will connect up to any house hold faucet. They often have just the aspirator for about 10 bucks or so. The aspirator simply hooks up to any house hold faucet and will take 3/8 to 1/2 ID tubing (I just use some spare 7/16" tubing)

- Run a tube to your loop and break the loop at one point (at the reservoir) inlet and the aspirator.

- Turn on that aspirator and suck one or two gallons of distilled H2O through the loop, very nice vigorous flush.

I do not use dyes, if I want color I just get colored tubing -- Primochill offers up nice high quality UV active tubing.

EDIT: Your endeavor into photography actually looks quite good to outstanding.
    Jack
    Last edited by JumpingJack; 07-16-2010 at 07:28 PM.
    One hundred years from now It won't matter
    What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in
    How much money I had in the bank Nor what my cloths looked like.... But The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child.
    -- from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

Xtreme Guru
    Mate you should buy some primochill Blue Tubing, looks better then the tygon tubing and it has some kind of anti corrosive which is built into the tubing which stops gunk etc, So you can just use Distilled water which is great... to clean out your rads use 1:9 Distilled with vinegar .. Flush it 3-4 times with distilled:vinegar then flush it 3 more times with just distilled, be sure to shake the hell out of the radiator to get some of the hard gunk which can build up..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpingJack View Post
    It is not easy, some dyes are just solid supensions (colloidal solutions), and the small particulates just conglomerate, other dyes are funky organic/water soluble complex conjugate systems, that when exposed to UV tend to polymerize and precipitate out of solution causing the gunk.

The only real way to fix this is to take everything apart and clean them. When I have a gunked up block, I use the softest toot brush I can find, some IPA and distilled water and just rinse, scrub, rinse, scrub.

After I am finished I reassemble the loop and flush it vigorously. A trick:

- Go to a pet shop and find a 'vacuum' tank cleaner, which is nothing more than an aspirator that will connect up to any house hold faucet. They often have just the aspirator for about 10 bucks or so. The aspirator simply hooks up to any house hold faucet and will take 3/8 to 1/2 ID tubing (I just use some spare 7/16" tubing)

- Run a tube to your loop and break the loop at one point (at the reservoir) inlet and the aspirator.

- Turn on that aspirator and suck one or two gallons of distilled H2O through the loop, very nice vigorous flush.

I do not use dyes, if I want color I just get colored tubing -- Primochill offers up nice high quality UV active tubing.

EDIT: Your endeavor into photography actually looks quite good to outstanding.
    Jack
    Thanks Jack for the detailed advice. It's friendly and supportive members like you made me post my worklog here. I really appreciate it.

I will check it out and try to get my rads clean. Man, lots of junk come out of the loop. It even affected the pump. I had to open swiftech 355 and took rotator ball out and put in the red vinegar and dip it in for few minutes and after that I rinse in distilled water in a bowl and saw threads of junk in the bowl. I then flushed it under the tap water and use distill water to clean it again. The pump is not working much better.

Mate you should buy some primochill Blue Tubing, looks better then the tygon tubing and it has some kind of anti corrosive which is built into the tubing which stops gunk etc, So you can just use Distilled water which is great... to clean out your rads use 1:9 Distilled with vinegar .. Flush it 3-4 times with distilled:vinegar then flush it 3 more times with just distilled, be sure to shake the hell out of the radiator to get some of the hard gunk which can build up..
    Thanks Johnny for the tip. I run distilled water in the tubbing and then disconnected the disconnetor and blow air hard through the rad and it kinda help me to take more of the junk. I did that like 4 times. Used about 1 gallon of water. I am thinking of changing my motherboard from horizontal to vertical after few months. Then I will flush the rads as you suggested. thanks again

Xtreme Member
    One more pic with feser coolant:

Here the picture of cable management that I am too lazy to work on (this case doesnt make it any easier, also note this is after draining the feser and then putting back distilled water)

Last edited by marxviper; 07-17-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    Nice build, i feel your pain though hehe, mountain mods arent the best of all cases to do some cable sleeving

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Still, it's looking nice

Xtreme Member
    Nice build, i feel your pain though hehe, mountain mods arent the best of all cases to do some cable sleeving
    true

Quote Originally Posted by GJS1 View Post
    Still, it's looking nice
    Thanks for your kind words.

I know it could be better. And I am thinking all day to make it better. I will invest more on it in future to make it better.

Xtreme Member
    had the same crappy blue-blue once back in the old days
    even if my setup was less complicated than yours (way less)... 'was a real pain in the a$$ to clean it all up!
    i share your pain dude!!!

doctor pepper's desk
    EVGA P55 FTW | i5 650 @ 4GHz | 4Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 XMS3 | XFX 4870 1Gb | Corsair X32 | Samsung SpinPoint F1 - 320Go | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | Samsung P2450H | Microsoft Laser Desktop 7000 | JBL Spyro Black
    AirCooling: Prolimatech Mega Shadow | Xigmatek Bifrost | Fractal Design SATA Cluster Box | Fractal Design 2x120mm, 2x140mm and 1x92mm

Cosmos-S
    Foxconn BloodRage Rev1.1 Bios P07 | i7 920 D0 @ 4,629GHz max & 4,3GHz stable | 6Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 | XFX 5870 | Sonar X-Fi | Intel X25-M 80 Go PostVille | Samsung SpinPoint F1 - 1To | Corsair HX620W | CoolerMaster Cosmos S | Samsung T240 | Logitech MX-5500 & Z-2300
    Watercooling: Laing DDC + plexi top and tank | CPU - HK 1366 rev 3.0 LT | GPU - EK Water Blocks EK FC5870 V2 - Acétal Nickel | MB - Foxconn's original | HDD - HK SilentStar HD-Single rev 2.0 | radiator - 3x120mm | tubing - High Flex 10/16mm | red PrimoChill ICE coolant

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josk1 View Post
    had the same crappy blue-blue once back in the old days
    even if my setup was less complicated than yours (way less)... 'was a real pain in the a$$ to clean it all up!
    i share your pain dude!!!
    Yeah spend another 22 euros to buy 5 gallons of water just to clean this stuff..

Josk, do you use color tubing or clear tubing nowadays?

why dont they just add water and dye? no need to put glycol stuff...this stuff tend to cause problem.

maybe i just buy dye from feser instead of pre-mixed coolant

changed my mind, ill just have color tubes from tygon and black acetyl waterblocks..

Xtreme Member
    @marxviper: What fan filters are you using on the front of that Ascension case? They look great, and they are internal, which is what I am looking for right now. Please tell me where you got them.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to say: Your rig looks great! Great job! I love it!

well, actually I love everything except for the coolant, and I say get rid of it, and forget about dyes, just get some UV-reactive blue tubing, and use plain distilled water with a biocide, or some silver. Glycol is used to kill microbes, but it decreases cooling performance, so you don't want it or need it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eth0s View Post
    @marxviper: What fan filters are you using on the front of that Ascension case? They look great, and they are internal, which is what I am looking for right now. Please tell me where you got them.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to say: Your rig looks great! Great job! I love it!

well, actually I love everything except for the coolant, and I say get rid of it, and forget about dyes, just get some UV-reactive blue tubing, and use plain distilled water with a biocide, or some silver. Glycol is used to kill microbes, but it decreases cooling performance, so you don't want it or need it.
    Thanks mate.

here is the link for the mesh

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=25850 (i got from here)

malkiewicz recommends from here http://www.koolertek.com/computer-pa...keyword=filter

I too hate the color right now. But too lazy to change it at the moment.

I am planning to get white tubings and a powerful pump, I am not into UV reactive tubings. however, if you know some good color tubings, do let me know. I would love to try them. Are they good in bending as tygon? Maybe I should try anti kink coils too

Xtreme Member
    Here are the pictures before I added feser coolant in the system:

Xtreme Guru
    nice work mate!

wow, it looks gorgous. I wish the postage to the UK wasn't so heafty

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast