Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forget the iPhone 4 AT&T finally has a real Android contender around the corner

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by \/icious View Post
    The only thing that the iphone has that this doesnt is their high res screen but this phone is touting samsungs new super amoled screen which is supposed to be leaps and bounds better than their old screen. Im willing to bet that the differences will be hardly noticable.
    What the Captivate has that the iphone doesnt:
    -Same processor with 256mb more ram
    - ability to upgrade or have a spare battery
    - a 4" screen
    - USB 3.0
    - bluetooth 3.0
    - Ability to run android 2.2 with flash
    - ability to mod your phone the way you want it in the future
    - Looks like it will have a slightly updated graphics controller(PowerVR SGX540 compared to apples PowerVR SGX535)
    - analog radio
    - possiblly lighter by 18 grams
    - Doesnt look like you will have to worry about glass cracking
    - can get your phone insured

Samsung makes great phones. Ive had several that have worked with out a hitch and samsung is definitely a solid company. So how is the iphone a better deal again?
    You forgot to add that it can play MKV , AVI , DIVX , XVID , MP4 , ect.. files and its as simple as drag and drop.

I have Nexus One its already good media player but Galaxy S brings it to new level
    .:. Obsidian 750D .:. i7 5960X .:. EVGA Titan .:. G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 32GB .:. CORSAIR HX850i .:. Asus X99-DELUXE .:. Crucial M4 SSD 512GB .:.

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    If you own or get the iPhone u will know exactly what iPhone owners/users are talking about.......its that simple gentleman

Now that iOS 4.0 is here the features that would possibly motivate me for the new iPhone 4
    is the retina display, Camera with flash, Face time, A4 Chip/512mb RAM
    as it stands the 3gs is complete minus the camera of course...its a piece of ...to say the least!
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    12GB - Crucial ECC DDR3 1333
    Intel 520 180GB Cherryville
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    I think both phones are good but your points are rubbish.. only good thing is android is open source.. the iPhone 4 is an amazingly high quality phone best phone i've seen in person tbh

Oh and iirc Ive had over 7 samsung phones and they where all shockingly bad..
    I agree, the iPhone4 is quite good, high quality with unique design, esspecially popular among girls.

AT&T will find a way to severely castrate the Captivate. The HTC Aria they just put out is a joke for $130 bucks. It's last years Hero hardware with Evo styling. Seriously? I doubt it will even get Froyo.

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Remember.......PIMP..>>>>

.....HO..>>>>>
    >>>>>
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Xtreme Addict
    I just have to drop in and say I find it almost laughable that the iPhone 4 is consistently slower in web browsing than Android phones that came out before it. I've read/watched numerous reviews, and it's pretty sad that the Nexus One can beat Apple's new flagship phone at loading a webpage when the Nexus One is loading everything, including flash content.

I'm guessing the A4 they put in the iPhone 4 is severely underclocked in order to keep battery life reasonable. I really expected more out of the iPhone 4.

I can't wait to see the new Android phones that will use Moorestown or a dual core OMAP or Qualcomm SoC that is clocked up past 1GHz.

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusC View Post
    I just have to drop in and say I find it almost laughable that the iPhone 4 is consistently slower in web browsing than Android phones that came out before it. I've read/watched numerous reviews, and it's pretty sad that the Nexus One can beat Apple's new flagship phone at loading a webpage when the Nexus One is loading everything, including flash content.

I'm guessing the A4 they put in the iPhone 4 is severely underclocked in order to keep battery life reasonable. I really expected more out of the iPhone 4.

I can't wait to see the new Android phones that will use Moorestown or a dual core OMAP or Qualcomm SoC that is clocked up past 1GHz.

Thats funny before I purchased a Smart phone there were only two considerations for me which were the iPhone and the Droid which I personally tested individually at verizon (Droid both models) and the iPhone at AT&T the iphone was faster than both droid models pulling up websites 1 of which was my own website>>>http://www.communitycomputerrepair.com/

You will also see that my website is very image heavy as a point of interest?
    Last edited by Brother Esau; 06-28-2010 at 10:56 PM.
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Esau View Post
    Thats funny before I purchased a Smart phone there were only two considerations for me which were the iPhone and the Droid which I personally tested individually at verizon (Droid both models) and the iPhone at AT&T the iphone was faster than both droid models pulling up websites 1 of which was my own website>>>http://www.communitycomputerrepair.com/

You will also see that my website is very image heavy as a point of interest?
    Which Droid? If you're talking about a regular Motorola Droid, then it's a no-brainer, the Moto Droid has an OMAP at 550MHz.

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Which Droid? If you're talking about a regular Motorola Droid, then it's a no-brainer, the Moto Droid has an OMAP at 550MHz.
    Moto Droid and HTC
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620

Xtreme Addict
    Moto Droid and HTC
    I can't speak for the Droid Incredible, as it's not running Android 2.2-- the videos I have seen have the Nexus One running Android 2.2 (which makes most apps significantly faster).

I was just very surprised to see the N1 loading the web pages first, with flash content and all. The tests I saw were conducted over WiFi, so the carrier's networks certainly could have an effect.

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    We are all individuals and we are all entitled to our own preferences and opinions
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620

Xtreme Member
    We are all individuals and we are all entitled to our own preferences and opinions
    Not if they are wrong

Too true, often we become so polemic over apple products ^_^
    What if the hokey pokey really is what it is all about?

Xtreme Addict
    I can't speak for the Droid Incredible, as it's not running Android 2.2-- the videos I have seen have the Nexus One running Android 2.2 (which makes most apps significantly faster).
    He is referring to the Droid Eris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12