Thread: Anyone using Boost mobile?

Nerdy Powerlifter

Anyone using Boost mobile?

A few years ago, it was consiered a crappy carrier, but now that they are on the same network as sprint (CDMA), I was considering switching over.

Does anyone have experience with this network?

I actually plan on somehow getting an HTC sprint phone to work as people have confirmed somehow making them work on that network.

$50 a month of unlimited everything rocks!
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    A few years ago, it was consiered a crappy carrier, but now that they are on the same network as sprint (CDMA), I was considering switching over.

Does anyone have experience with this network?

I actually plan on somehow getting an HTC sprint phone to work as people have confirmed somehow making them work on that network.

$50 a month of unlimited everything rocks!
    The problem is that their service is horribad. They're very similar to Cricket wireless. They basically operate on a no-service model. You have your own device and pay your monthly fee and thats it. All you get. Same with simply mobile. My recommendation is spend the extra 20 bucks and go with Sprint. It should save you a lot of headaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    The problem is that their service is horribad. They're very similar to Cricket wireless. They basically operate on a no-service model. You have your own device and pay your monthly fee and thats it. All you get. Same with simply mobile. My recommendation is spend the extra 20 bucks and go with Sprint. It should save you a lot of headaches.
    I've heard different things from different people, and its hard to know what's right and whats not.

I was hoping to get out of contracts, but not in turn for horrible service. I don't get why the quality of the calls would be affected since it is on cdma now.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Addict
    After reading up on it, as long as Sprint coverage in your area is solid you should be good. I'd do alot of research before buying a Sprint phone though, seeing conflicting info on that.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    After reading up on it, as long as Sprint coverage in your area is solid you should be good. I'd do alot of research before buying a Sprint phone though, seeing conflicting info on that.
    Conflicting info is the key term here.

The sprint network here is strong as steel from what I've heard. There's just no dead spots.

I've heard others say even so, the service "sucks". I can't seem to get info from local people about it. I'll have to do more research.

If I come across anything, I'll post it here.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware