Thread: NOCTUA NT-H1 Review

NOCTUA NT-H1 Review

This time I bring you a thermal paste that the company has given letters at cooler for our machines, including the NH-D14, one of the best coolers that exist today.

Come to a review, a bit complicated, but here goes, then go to the beach to skate to download neurons.

Already a thank you to Mr. Deling that kindly gave us a pack of this famous thermal paste for review.
    Special thanks to Mr. Deling to give us this sample of NOCTUA NT-H1 to the the review.

Let's start with a review then. Since it is known by all of us that computers produce more heat and need a good way, or rather a means to dissipate to reduce the same. Here in addition to the cooler and the cooling method to use, we can not neglect any thermal grease, thermal paste is this that we focus on the review carried out, thus bringing to the fore the NOCTUA NT-H1 for review.

With the constant updating of CPU's, and more importantly, the constant emergence of overclockers around the world, there must be something that separates the cooler the cpu, because metal to metal was not, nor ever will be a good idea to have into account when building the machines, much less cooling.

Without passing thermal heat transfer would be impaired, and justification focuses on the CPU, however we see that this plan is under the microscope it is definitely not, and joining with the cpu cooler without thermal mass , there exist parts that were not in contact, air rushing between them, and we all know that the air inside the computer is not at all the best for cooling the computer. Note that this amount of air is minimal, but it is not enough to help in cooling, but the heating of the CPU. What we want with the use of thermal mass is to reduce these areas and allow a good heat conductivity to the surface of the cooler, you understand the basis for this case from the rest, heat dissipation of it.

Notwithstanding this, here is what complicates things is for us all, because the range of existing thermal pastes, the consumer tends to always be the one that says a lot better and often for cheaper, without thinking of alternatives and comparing their pros and cons of it. Such as Artic Silver and his AS5. This folder is an example of good performance, but there are folders that are much better and much cheaper.

In this category, as I said it back, was given us the opportunity to experience the wide NT-H1 paste, which was considered by many enthusiasts an excellent choice but the best, the level of performance and maximum ease of use. Let's start with the pictures and what we like.

I received the folder in this small package (meaning big ahah).

Here are the specs of the thermal paste NOCTUA NT-H1:

Volume: 1.4ml (15 provides for applications)
    Concentration of Gravity (weight per cm3): 2.49 g / cm ³
    Color: Gray
    Use time saved: up to two years
    Time to CPU usage: up to three years
    Peak temperatures where it operates: -50 ° C to +110 ° C
    Recommended operating temperature: -40 ° C to +90 ° C

For packaging, we can say with all the expectations that the NOCTUA looks professional in everything he does. The packaging of the NT-H1 is excellent, as expected. The packaging back beyond the folder, as would be obvious, some specifications of this, how to use, and what makes this directory an excellent alternative to other folders on the market.

The pipe already in the folder itself, is the typical brown and blue NOCTUA, which does not disappoint at all.

Now, using some tests already carried out, since it is no operating system to use the folder, but with the Fractal Project is ready to say something because I can put this folder got there, I used some existing tests for now. Then we can see that in the famous test entering NT-H1, AS5, Thermalright CF2.

The operating system used for all purposes was as follows:

Water Cooling System
    Intel i5 750 2.66Ghz / 3.5 Ghz / 4.0 Ghz
    ASUS MAXIMUS 3 FORMULA MOBO
    2x 2GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 12800 1600MHZ DDR3 CL9
    SAPPHIRE 5850 COD MW2 EDITION

Mobo com NOCTUA NT-H1:

Each folder was applied in 3 time intervals apart, and the hardware was cleaned between each application the same way.
    The temperature in Idle and Load was measured with Core Temp 0,99.5,27. The temperature load was performed by simulating the program Linx 6.0.1.0 20 times. The ambient temperature was between 23.4 and 23.6 degrees Celsius.

From what we can observe the results, the NOCTUA NT-H1 provides improved consistency and temperature transfer in IDLE and LOAD its competitor AS5. We already know that AS5 needs 200 hours of use to obtain optimal temperatures and that during those 200 hours temperatures are decreasing. But here we have to make sure that the NT-H1 offers from the moment it is applied, great temperatures, since the consumer to wait for these to come within X hours.

HOT

To add to the review already elaborated and modified, tested our system in the vast store PCCOOL BENCHTABLE, here's the folder also used in graphics SAPPHIRE 5850 COD CRAZY EDITION of our great who won the card later this weekend.

Already a thank you for having yielded to CRAZY plate and having also done the tests and even taught a few things that I did not know at all, I am learning a lot from PCCOOL and increasingly

SAPPHIRE 5850 EDITION COD NOCTUA NT-H1:

As you can see, the NOCTUA NT-H1 could lower the temperatures of the mass that is in STOCK at the printer and still won the AS5. Although the difference is minimal, only 1, you may notice the difference in the long run this 1st.

Concluding this review, it is assumed that NOCTUA NT-H1 is impressive, both in performance and as the global aspects. It is easy to use. Demonstrates stability of the system. Moreover, if they wish to use in watercooling, is definitely the best thermal paste on the market today for this purpose. After all, the best THERMALIGHT temperatures, but it is a folder with sale price exceeding € 50, which makes it a bit out of hand for most overclockers or gamers.

BOM:

- Easy to Use
    - Good performance is poorly implemented
    - Long term

BAD:

- A little more expensive than its competitor AS5, but offers much more folder and is cheaper than THERMALIGHT CF 2

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=r...duct_select=13

I hoppe you enjoy!

I Am "PcCoolado With pride with Much Love !!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Interesting stuff - good to see Noctua enter the TIM market with something that competes well. Thanks for the review!

Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R F6 : i7 920 D0 4.4GHz 1.4v : 4Gb G.Skill ECO 6-8-6-24 1.54v
    Apogee XT & MCW30 : XSPC Dual 750 w/DDC+18W : RX120 & RX240 : Tygon tubing : Corsair HX 850
    2x750Gb 7200.12 RAID0 : 2x500Gb 7200.12 RAID1 : Samsung DVD-RW : LG BD-R
    Antec P182 with 5 x Noctua NF-P12 & 1 x Akasa Apache
    M-Audio Delta 1010 (Rack) : Behringer Truth B2031A
    XFX 5770 + 8600GTS (physx) : 2x Samsung Syncmaster 710n

Lappy: Asus C90s & E7500 @3.17GHz w/ 4Gb RAM & top scoring 8600m GT DDR2

Xtreme Addict
    It's ok test, but why no Arctic Cooling MX-2 ? It's a reasonable price, high performance thermal that should be included in every test.
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

It's the best. IC7 smudges up your nice shiny proc

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RejZoR View Post
    It's ok test, but why no Arctic Cooling MX-2 ? It's a reasonable price, high performance thermal that should be included in every test.
    +1

Xtreme Member
    thanks for the review m8.
    the coollaboratory is still unbeaten tho as the romanian guys have shown in their review here sometime ago.
    my 1st choice is still Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra
    my 2nd choice would be the normal Coollaboratory Liquid
    my 3rd choice would be the indigo.
    ---
    ---
    "Generally speaking, CMOS power consumption is the result of charging and discharging gate capacitors. The charge required to fully charge the gate grows with the voltage; charge times frequency is current. Voltage times current is power. So, as you raise the voltage, the current consumption grows linearly, and the power consumption quadratically, at a fixed frequency. Once you reach the frequency limit of the chip without raising the voltage, further frequency increases are normally proportional to voltage. In other words, once you have to start raising the voltage, power consumption tends to rise with the cube of frequency."
    +++
    1st
    CPU - 2600K(4.4ghz)/Mobo - AsusEvo/RAM - 8GB1866mhz/Cooler - VX/Gfx - Radeon 6950/PSU - EnermaxModu87+700W
    +++
    2nd
    TRUltra-120Xtreme /// EnermaxModu82+(625w) /// abitIP35pro/// YorkfieldQ9650-->3906mhz(1.28V) /// 640AAKS & samsung F1 1T &samsung F1640gb&F1 RAID 1T /// 4gigs of RAM-->520mhz /// radeon 4850(700mhz)-->TRHR-03 GT
    ++++
    3rd
    Windsor4200(11x246-->2706mhz-->1.52v) : Zalman9500 : M2N32-SLI Deluxe : 2GB ddr2 SuperTalent-->451mhz : seagate 7200.10 320GB :7900GT(530/700) : Tagan530w

Xtreme Addict
    Im happy with MX-3. But Ive used Noctua before, pretty good too.. just was thicker than rest. Coollaboratory is probably good as long as you use only liquid metal, but metal pads simply dont work on i7.. Unless you want to burn your CPU.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Addict
    No Shin Etsu?
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.