Thread: C2D dual core Wattage?

Xtreme Cruncher

C2D dual core Wattage?

Hey Guys, I don't have a killawatt laying around.

I just need a figure for how much a 100% loaded C2D dual core (4500 to be specific but not a biggy) would draw? I would guess at around 140W

I need this is I can figure out the kwh info to get an approximate cost.

I may be adding 8 C2D to the buckeye's account if the church that is one of our clients goes for it!

Thanks guys!
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Is it a coincidence that your wifes pc is called Uranus?

Xtreme crazy bastid
    The best way I can think of is to rig up an ammeter and see what one is pulling then plug that into Power in Watts = Power Factor * Volts * Amps. Assume the Power Factor is 1.0 if you don't know. That will over estimate slightly but better that than to under estimate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    I don’t know the rest of the specs of that E4500 rig and don’t know if it is overclocked, but when it is not overclocked and the specs are comparable to the E6600 rig in my sig it will pull less than 140 Watt.

I just tested the rig in my sig (one of first batches E6600 overclocked) and that rig only pulls 130 W from the wall with 100% load (BOINC of course). So I estimate that a non overclocked E4500 will pull around 100W.

3770K 4.7Ghz 1.32v / ASUS P8Z77-V PRO / 8GB DDR3 1866 9-9-9-27 /ASUS HD7970 1025MHz / Antec NeoHE 550 / Samsung 830 256GB Crunching
    Cooled by PA120.3, EK-HF, D-tek Fuzion GFX, DDC3.1 XSPC res/top

i5 2400 Stock / ASUS P8P67 LE / 4GB DDR3 1600 / Seasonic S12II 430W / Intel G2 40GB Crunching

2600K 4.6Ghz 1.34v / ASUS P8Z68-V PRO / 8GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24 / Antec 430W / Intel G2 80GB Crunching

W3520 4.0Ghz 1.19v / Rampage II Gene / 6GB Kinston Value 1333 / 9800GT / Corsair TX650 / Antec mini P180 / Intel G2 160GB Crunching

Intel G860 Stock / Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H-B3 / 4GB DDR3 1333 / Antec Earthwatts green 380W / Crucial M4 64GB Crunching

E6600 3.2Ghz 1.36v - P5B Deluxe / i7 930 4.0Ghz 1.29v - ASUS P6X58D-E / Q9450 3.6Ghz 1.28v - Rampage Formula Retired

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwhgads6680 View Post
    Hey Guys, I don't have a killawatt laying around.

I just need a figure for how much a 100% loaded C2D dual core (4500 to be specific but not a biggy) would draw? I would guess at around 140W

I need this is I can figure out the kwh info to get an approximate cost.

I may be adding 8 C2D to the buckeye's account if the church that is one of our clients goes for it!

Thanks guys!
    Would these be oced or stock? Which c2d are they?

EDIT: it's not out of the wall wattage but might help any any way until our most experienced friends jump in :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_2 use control plus F in the keyboard and paste this( Brand name (list) ) and you will have a chart
    Last edited by Duh; 03-28-2010 at 09:11 AM.
    "Study hard my young friend"[/B].
    ---------------------------------------
    Woody: It's not a laser! It's a... [sighs in frustration]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yup, just north of 100W is a good bet, maybe add a few then see what the bill looks like in a month then consider adding the rest.
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hey guys, Thanks for the help, They are going for it! I will be setting up a time to go and set these up on boinc with Boinc view on one of the systems with RDP open to it for managment.

Was wondering... isn't there a simple pin mod on these to bring them to 1066 vs 800, putting them at ~ 2.9ghz? I can't remember how well these OC'd, 2.9 may be a bit much without being able to adjust voltages... Still should be a good 5000 Boinc PPD or so.
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Back from the Dead
    Are these Dells or something? Cause even the cheapest ECS board still has an option for FSB...
    But yeah, you can mod them to different stock FSBs. 2,9Ghz should be possible at stock voltage.
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yes they are dells.... gotta love it... I think I'll try one and see how it fairs and slowly pin mod the rest to 1066 if all goes well. Pretty cool of them to do.

Thanks guys for all the help!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Got these added to the Grid! muha!

8 machines,

5 e4500
    3 e2180

Not to bad for a little bit of webmaster work as a donation.

Thanks guys for the help!