Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: People profiles for web site

Crunching for Poppabear
    Name: Gary
    DC name: Lu523 & Lu523_TR
    Reason for starting: loonym's sig. is what got me going.
    Reason for continuing: Still alot of work to be done. That and I have had several family members die of cancer.
    Reason for crunching: same as for continuing.

Hardware: 1 sammy rig, and for the time being 4 i7 rigs.

Xtreme Member
    Name: Brett
    DC name: burn.intel
    Reason for starting: Found out about DC projects and thought to myself, "why not?" and haven't stopped since.
    Reason for continuing: Cancer hasn't been cured yet. And the competition has gotten me addicted

Hardware:
    CPU's:
    Core i7 @ 4.1Ghz
    Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz

GPU's:
    9800GT
    2 8800GT
    HD4890
    2 8800GS's awaiting PCI-E slots
    EVGA E758 A1
    Core i7 920 @ 4ghz
    6gb DDR3 1600 OCZ Gold
    XFX 6870CF
    Corsair TX850
    Cooler Master HAF 932
    Water Cooled

Xtreme Cruncher
    Thought I would let ya see how our web site is doing. The People and Pics PC Farms are the most popular. Some pages like mega-cruncher are new. Links had 9 hits. The info pages have done well as well. So it is either people are interested in who you guys are or you guys are really vain.

I wanted to add if you have submitted a profile and want to make any changes let me know. If I missed anyone it is unintentional, please tell me!
    Last edited by PoppaGeek; 03-17-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Very cool, I like the "Mega-Crunchers" idea... a crunching hall of fame that I will some day join

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaGeek View Post
    Thought I would let ya see how our web site is doing. The People and Pics PC Farms are the most popular. Some pages like mega-cruncher are new. Links had 9 hits. The info pages have done well as well. So it is either people are interested in who you guys are or you guys are really vain.

I wanted to add if you have submitted a profile and want to make any changes let me know. If I missed anyone it is unintentional, please tell me!
    XTREMESupercomputer: Phase 2
    Live up to your name - November 1 - 8
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Back from the Dead
    Name: Joschi

Forum name: jcool

Occupation: Business owner. I run a small company specialized in building high end personal computers. It is both my passion and my job to see this industry progressing as fast as it is, and being in this field of work means I usually get to be one of the first people to play with the latest & greatest tech.

What got me into crunching: It's Dave's fault!!!
    I only started crunching in 2008, and I wish I had known about it sooner.
    Before that, I was running SETI@Home (yeah, back when I was little and still believed in green men from Mars)

Is it hobby, personal reasons or both: Probably both. I crunch for WCG because I believe we can beat this terrible disease that is cancer. Sometime, somehow - and with the help of crunchers like me, rather sooner than later.
    I also crunch because I have seen too many people around me pass away too early in their lives. Two years ago, I nearly lost my father to cancer. I plan to do anything and everything that I can to help rid our planet of this global monster.
    And of course, I enjoy running, building, playing with, and re-building all those fabulous machines around me!

Hardware:
    See Signature
    Changes a lot anyways.

Pictures of my farm:

Here are a few, feel free to find & use any other pictures that I post around XS or anywhere else.

Last edited by jcool; 03-22-2010 at 07:34 AM.
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    Sent this to PG via PM. I then thought, why not post it up here too?

Name: Bob H.
    DC name: "123bob" on the XS team and "123bob_TR" on TechReaction's team.
    Why crunch: I'm about cancer cures. I have lost a lot of family and friends to various types of cancer. It sucks to watch loved ones waste away from this disease. The worst part is standing there totally helpless knowing the person is going to die and nothing you can do will stop it. I have contributed to the American Cancer Society before, without knowing what my money was going for. With crunching, I have control of the money spent and have a direct view into what is being produced by it.
    I must admit crunching has become somewhat addicting since new machines have a way of sneaking in. Currently, I run a crunching "farm" with 18 quad core CPUs and 15 260-216 GPUs on Team XS. I also started up a small team on TechReaction and run one quad there. For projects, I run World Community Grid (WCG), GPUGrid, and do some Folding@Home.
    So, if you want to join us, come on by. If you're intimidated by the size of the XS team, join us at Tech Reaction. We could use the help. However, really, there is no reason to be intimidated by either team. Some of the best folks you want to meet are there. We regularly send hardware around to each other to help out in getting things running. This has probably happened at least 30 times in the past six months that I'm aware of.
    We do not treat people like idiots. I was told once that "No question is dumb". If you make the commitment to help cure some of the diseases we work on, you already have our utmost respect....

Regards,
    Bob
    If You ain't Crunching, you ain't Xtreme enough. Go Here
    Help cure CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other diseases.
    ....and don't let your GPU sit there bored...Crunch or Fold on it!!
    Go Here, Or Here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12