Thread: Oh what a sad day....

Xtreme Cruncher

Oh what a sad day....

Got a call from my dad yesterday that the husband of my former nanny (as I called him Uncle Ching) who brought me up for the first 12 months of my life is in a critical situation and he should pass away any time.

I was shocked but not surprised by the fact that he is dying of nose cancer as I knew that for a long time but I wasn't prepared that it would come in on my dad's birthday and the last day of my first school term.

I visited him last year when I was back in Hong Kong for holidays and he was physically weak, barely able to talk and had to rely on nutrition water as he wasn't able to eat at all but he was mentally strong, very strong. He talked to me about experience bring me up , how he invited me to go police club back then and talking about great things about soccer.

Finally, the bad news came straight after I woke up this morning. My father told me over msn that he passed away peacefully at 22:51 GMT+8 yesterday night. I prepared for it, but I couldn't still bear so much. I wanted to cry but I couldn't, I was too sad to cry. Cancer has hollowed him up, slowly but very painfully. Cancer has taken away someone who I loved so much.

Hopefully this story can motivate more people to join in the fight against cancer.

Gordon
    Aka Robotman in XS WCG Team

Xtreme Cruncher
    Sorry to hear this, I hope we find a cure soon...

Xtreme Cruncher
    I am sorry for your pain. Take comfort in that his suffering is over.

Best wishes!

Live Long And Overclock
    Sorry to hear m8.

He sounds like a very good man from what you said

Perkam

I am Addicted!
    sorry to hear about your news. Stay strong and hope we start finding cures soon. Too many people now get cancer and seems to be one of the big burdens that are killing off our race. It is getting out of control.
    One reason why I am glad we keep producing harware that can help produce results faster

Xtreme Cruncher
    I am sorry to hear this news. With our power coming together, the cure will be here soon.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Cruncher
    I am very sorry to hear this, my computers will be staying on in his memory.