Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Four 1080p 3D capable displays so far!

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
    How is the contrast? Have you actually calibrated with hardware? What is the backlight bleed like? That's the one glaring issue I have with my 2233rz, which I'm thinking of returning and getting one of the 1920X1080 displays when they're all available and full reviews are out. It's going to be SO hard going back to 60Hz while I wait, though.
    I've been 1 month using a crappy 60Hz laptop after being 6 months with the 2233RZ. It's HARD, I can tell you that. Let's hope that ViewSonic with LEDs doesn't disappoint.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Hertz View Post
    So I got the screen today. A few notes:

1) The buttons are VERY cool.
    2) The response time and input lag are quite good.
    3) The viewing angles are awful. Side to side isn't too horrid, but if you look up on it, or down on it even by 5-10 degrees, the colours start to get messed up. In other words, if I want to sit on my knee(s) instead of my ass I have to adjust the screen, which is very annoying.
    4) Out of the box, the colours are quite bleak and the display shows a tiny bit too much green. These things are fixed if you have a hardware calibrator.
    5) 120hz is GREAT! Even the mouse movement in desktop is smoother.
    6) The monitor is much too bright, even for my tastes. I had to turn down brightness to 20 and it is still a bit much.

On the viewing angles part, do you think could be affected by a setup like this?
    Last edited by Blacky; 01-23-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

SLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    On the viewing angles part, do you think could be affected by a setup like this?
    No because each screen is facing you almost directly.

edit: second thought, the side screens will probably start to look a little yellow.
    Last edited by One_Hertz; 01-23-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Acer's 120hz display its available at newegg for $400!

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Acer's 120hz display its available at newegg for $400!
    If you meant to link to Newegg, you ended up linking right back to this page.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewZorn View Post
    just to make something clear, i think the "gaming" thing (whether it be response time or input lag) has gone way too far.

which do you think is more important for gaming (not "highly competitive counter strike"): beautiful images, rich blacks, accurate representation of color, good viewing angles (not just for 'angles', but on a screen that big, even the edges get distorted)? or less ghosting (though i rarely saw it on my 12ms 2405fpw) (as if recent marketing tricks in that regard dont completely inflate TNs superiority anyway) and usually unnoticeable input lag (which can exist on any monitor)?

it isnt separated into "photography experts on macs" and "PRO UBERL337 GAYMERS"... a good monitor is a good monitor. specific situations are not as clear-cut as they are made out to be. TN has a couple of slight advantages... but not enough to say it is better than a quality IPS panel (with a few very distant exceptions, like HIGHLY competitive games, as in, career-level)
    I haven't even finished reading the thread, but this is definitely worth quoting so more people see it.

Same argument applies to headphones/headsets and many other products. A whole lot of nonsense goes on about "gaming" or "music" etc, but in reality a good pair of cans with accurate sound reproduction and a good sound stage is just plain better.

Same is true for soooo many things...
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647

c[_]
    Yup.

I got tired of waiting for eyefinity and 120hz so I just picked up a 46" Toshiba Regza. In 1-2 years when things are fleshed out maybe i'll find a couple more

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
    If you meant to link to Newegg, you ended up linking right back to this page.
    hahaha didn't noticed! thanks! its fixed!

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Linus@ncix View Post
    I haven't even finished reading the thread, but this is definitely worth quoting so more people see it.

Same argument applies to headphones/headsets and many other products. A whole lot of nonsense goes on about "gaming" or "music" etc, but in reality a good pair of cans with accurate sound reproduction and a good sound stage is just plain better.

Same is true for soooo many things...
    Can't quite agree with you there. I think what's most important is your own preferences and what it will be used for, for some people accuracy in colors or accuracy in sound isn't necessarily the most important. I for example prefer headphones with somewhat exaggerated low frequency response being a basshead listening to trance/breakbeats etc and would return a high quality one if bass response isn't satisfying enough even if the higher frequency range sounds godlike. When it comes to monitors I prefer performance over image quality, no matter how great it looks, it doesn't matter if the feeling isn't great as well where 120Hz is definitely a huge bonus where motion is represent much more smoother and life-like. There are no 60Hz LCDs no matter the price I'd rather use than even the cheapest 120Hz LCDs if I was only limited to one monitor, for some specific uses I could ofc rather use a good 60Hz IPS panel rather than 120Hz TN but I can't stand gaming on a 60Hz LCD for example (I tried forcing me to but couldn't and ended up holding onto trinitron CRTs until 120Hz LCDs showed up), then I'd rather turn to a cheap CRT.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 02-02-2010 at 06:41 AM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

SLC
    Just a quick note... 120hz + vsync + 120fps still produces enough input lag for me to turn vsync off. It isn't anywhere near as bad as 60hz + 60fps vsync, but still not as good as no vsync. If you are really sensitive to input lag like me and want the positives of vsync then unfortunately 120hz is not the solution.

120hz is still great though

Xtreme Guru
    I don't use vsync with my VX2268wm as tearing is much less of an issue with 120Hz. Many games also comes with built-in fps limiters like UT3 (well any UEngine3 game at least) which I still keep playings for hours daily.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

c[_]
    A note on colors guys:

If you have only a certain range of colors you might miss the person in the red uniform on the red background...

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    ASUS has announced their VG236H and the world's largest 120Hz gaming monitor, the 27" PG276H. They should be available for Q2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123