Thread: "LOCKED" on LCD Poster and/or Sleep mode failing in Windows

Xtreme Member

Exclamation "LOCKED" on LCD Poster and/or Sleep mode failing in Windows

After a lot of trial and error, I've found two answers to fix the problems of my system randomly displaying "LOCKED" on the LCD Poster while failing to start upon cold boot, and also displaying the same message and failing to come out of sleep mode in Windows.

My system hardware is Rampage II Gene, Core i7 920 and a Mega Shadow, overclocked to 4.2 GHz, CPU Ratio is 21 and Base clock is 200. I'm also running with 12GB's of Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7 RAM. If you experience these problems, it's worth giving this a try:

1) In the Rampage II Gene BIOS, go to the Power menu and set the Repost Video on S3 Resume to No. Every time I set this option to Yes, Windows 7 (or the board) refused to come out of sleep mode and "LOCKED" would show on the LCD Poster. Setting this to No, Windows 7 will successfully come out of sleep mode every time, even when the CPU is overclocked.

2) I've found under the Extreme Tweaker there's the option called Ai Overclock Tuner, setting this to X.M.P. automatically sets the QPI/DRAM Voltage to 1.35 and the DRAM Voltage to 1.65681. I've found lowering these voltages will cause the system to freeze while trying to startup at cold boot, and sometimes simply restarting, with "LOCKED" being displayed on the LCD Poster.

As a side note, I changed the LCD Poster to display voltages instead of the usual temperatures, and even although the QPI/DRAM Voltage was set to 1.35 in the BIOS, in Windows at idle I found it was fluctuating between 1.36 and 1.39.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone else out there who may be experiencing Windows sleep mode and/or "LOCKED" on the LCD Poster cold boot problems.

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm shocked, setting video on s3 resume to no fixed all my cold boot issues. Since the change I haven't had one problem... i am seriously shocked... good work! This has been pissing me off for a long time no. I hope others take note.
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    I'm shocked, setting video on s3 resume to no fixed all my cold boot issues. Since the change I haven't had one problem... i am seriously shocked... good work! This has been pissing me off for a long time no. I hope others take note.
    I'm glad this information helped someone. That "Repost Video on S3 Resume" option had the largest effect on stability on my system. Windows 7 is now very stable, sleep mode works as well!

Xtreme Member

Exclamation Traded one problem for another!

Now my system enters S3 & S4 with no prob but as quick as it can enter, it resumes right back to log in. It will no longer stay in any suspend mode. I am forsed too use shut down and this is is such a frustrating pain for a daily user.

Anybody else experiencing this and and if not, what BIOS and CPU and baseic clock settings are you using?

Mine is clocked simularly to my Extreme in my sig.

It happens even as low as 190 and of corse up to 220 with low or high cpu multi and with RAM kept above 1200MHz. If I set clock lower closer to stock but multi on RAM back up closer to 1600 it will work again. What voltages might be related to this? my QPI is 1.4 set (1.38 working) w/ NB/SB core 1.17 set
    4.250GHz (1.331v) @ 212 x 21 @ 2:8 DDR1600 @ 6-7-6-18 (1.657) ASUS RAMPAGE EXTRENE w/ Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz daily

ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME, X58 w/ ICH10R
    Intel Core i7 930, rev. DO, batch #3951A824
    Mushkin Redline 998691 PC3-12800
    ASUS ENGTX460 GTX-460 DirectCu 1G
    Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal!ty Champion
    SilverStone Strider ST80F 800W Quad 12v
    WD Raptor 74GB, 10K x4
    Danger Dan WaterBox Plus
    Windows 7 Enterprise x64
    Swiftech Apogee XT Copper Top w/ AS#5 (lapped to CPU)