Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a New 46" TV?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by deachus View Post
    I currently own 3 Samsung LN52A650 1080p 120Hz Touch Of Color tvs and I have to say they are the best I found when I bought them last fall. I have done endless hours of research and found the 6 series Samsung to be the best at the time of my purchase. I just bought a 55" 8000series Samsung LED for my father because that's what he wanted but I tried to convince him to go with the cheaper 6 or 7 series. He wanted LED. I am ordering another 52" Samsung 6 series as well as a 46" for my newly finished bar and basement right after Christmas. I am not sold on the LED yet and can't justify the additional $1000.00 when I love my current 52" tvs and everyone that comes in my home says it is the best picture they have ever seen.

You guys can't judge picture quality by what you see at Best Buy. I have seen those TV's daisy chained together with component cables and who knows what the source is. I have Verizon FIOS HD with HDMI and a Blu Ray player and the picture is amazing.

Also, I have purchased ALL of my Samsung LCD TV's for myself, my family and my friends from http://www.abesofmaine.com

They have the lowest prices I can find, free shipping and free wall mount. They bring the tv into your home, help you take it out of the box and put it on your stand, let you plug it in to make sure everything works and isn't damaged and then you sign off on it or tell them to take it back if there is damage. Out of the 8 Samsung LCD TV's I bought from them none came damaged and all are still working great with no problems.

I love Samsung
    I love Samsung too but not their prices

I'd agree with what you said about the 650 being great, 640 not far off but the 630 isn't all that and over priced too boot. So I wouldn't go all out and say the whole six series when Sony and Toshiba's 46" models are better than the 630, both Picture and features.

They're like Bose TP Headphone in that they'd be Awesome at $89 or $99 instead of the $139 to $179 price tag. When it comes to these TV's, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Every person doesn't see or hear quite the same. Many will think folks are crazy to spend that much more for small improvements. This even as others feel it is impossible to accept anything less than the Sammie 7 or 8 series or at least one of the better Sony XBR and so on. This is similar to the old CRT days when 75Hz gave some folks a headache while even 65Hz didn't bother others.

Service and dependability? None of the Name Brand sets are anymore dependable than the others. That according to two of my buds who repair them, they are repairmen by trade, they should know. One even said look for the refurbished models if you going to buy a warranty anyway. Great competition breeds better Quality Control from Samsung, Sony, LG, Toshiba, Panasonic, Sharp and even Vizio who use to make junk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    I've spent hundreds of hours watching a pioneer elite 60" plasma and you still can't convince me that plasma is better than LCD overall, the fine detail is just dismal quality, completely ruins it for me.

also the power consumption on plasma tv's
    When my wife said that I could finally purchase a new tv I went out and did tons of shopping and looking at different panels I ended up getting a plasma. Before buying it I really didn't want plasma, but I must say that I really enjoy our Samsung PN50B650. To say that the fine details on plasma is 'dismal' is kind of disingenuous, merely based on that though.

But still, I got our tv out the door for $1100 (w/BD-p1600 which kind of sucks, but still...) on Nov. 6th. I don't think LCD can beat that even with the greatest of sales.
    CPU: Intel i7-9700K w/Noctua UH-12S Chromax
    Motherboard
    : Asus Prime Z390-P
    Memory: G.Skill DDR4-3200 8gb x2
    GPU: MSI 1660 TI
    HDD: Kingston A400 240gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HHD
    PSU: Seasonic GX750W
    Case: Lian Li 205
    Source: Audio Technica ATH-A900

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12