Thread: HTPC + 55in lcd...

Xtreme Cruncher

HTPC + 55in lcd...

So, my roomate and I set up an htpc a little while back, with an ATI 3650 (?), and we recently got a new LCD TV that we have it hooked up to. I have it set up right now with the hdmi conversion dongle on the card, and piped right into the TV. When setting the resolution on the PC however, if you set it to 1920x1080, there is a black bar surrounding the picture, ie, the actual pixels are too small such that it is likely a higher res screen. my basic question is, how do i fix this :P. Is there a way to get CCC to configure properly for this size screen? Is the card possible unable to handle this large a screen? I've tried multiple settings, but I know that setting the wrong signals can damage the tv, so I'm a little wary of doing somthing stupid . Thanks!

Xtreme Addict
    I think you can adjust the Image Scaling option in CCC to adjust to "Display full panel size" to get rid of the black bar.

CPU: Core i7-2600K@4.8Ghz Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 Case: Corsair 700D w/ 800D window
    CPU Cooler:
    Corsair H70 w/ 2 GTs AP-15 GPU: 2xGigabyte GTX 670 WindForce OC SLI
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws PSU: Corsair AX850W Sound card: Asus Xonar DX + Fiio E9
    HDD:
    Crucial M4 128GB + 4TB HDD Display: 3x30" Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC
    Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 Headphone: Sennheiser HD650

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    sometimes it is called like "overscan reduction" or something
    because TVs used to (and sometimes still do) cut the edges of the image off in an attempt to hide ugly parts
    so youd often miss the start menu and stuff
    so they decided to shrink the image for TV-out to stop that
    then the TVs got it right
    and a new problem started, yours
    i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440
    Majestouch 87 Blue -- Choc Mini Brown -- Poker Red -- MX11900 -- G9