Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: AMD Makes It Official: September 10th For HD 5xxx Launch

Xtreme Addict
    My guess for launch date is either September the 17th, or

September the 10th, would be specifications and benchmarks and the hype machine put into action....

John
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by iTravis View Post
    Umh...BattleForge, GRID 2, F1 2010, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2?
    I hope the HD5870 will be as fast as the HD4870X2 based on speculations If that's the case then HD5870X2 is worth the upgrade from my HD4870X2.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    Legendary, HawX and StormRise as well.

Wiki also has- Dirt 2 and Crysis 2...
    Thanks...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Im so impatient, i hate waiting!

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    he has one infront of him....

card(should) will be out end of sept
    i know he has one in front of him...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yep, definetely NDA brief.

http://mato78.com - Finnish PC Hardware news & reviews
    BulldogPO @ Twitter

Xtreme X.I.P.
    What about RS800 chipset i've seen a couple of finished mobos, i think is more of a platform thing that just a VGA thing from what you can read in AMD announcement.

I hope this has HMDI or Displayport on all series i'm changing to ATi if this comes true my display screams for DP or HDMI, plus i can hook up my TV

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl View Post
    What about RS800 chipset i've seen a couple of finished mobos, i think is more of a platform thing that just a VGA thing from what you can read in AMD announcement.

I hope this has HMDI or Displayport on all series i'm changing to ATi if this comes true my display screams for DP or HDMI, plus i can hook up my TV
    why not use ATI's adapter it can passthrough audio etc aswell if you need it to only downside is a 2inch adapter out the back?
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Addict
    [Update] We’ve got confirmation from AMD that the Evergreen cards are being shown this weekend, at the QuakeCon video game convention in Dallas, Texas.
    Ok, so where are the pics?

Edit: Found tem.
    Last edited by Mats; 08-16-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl View Post

Really, can this announcement be for a chipset instead of new VGA cards? What are the possibilities for such a thing?
    Asus P5K SE
    MSI 256MB RX2600PRO DDR2
    Core 2 Duo 6550 @ 2.8 ghz
    OCZ 2x1 GB DDR2 800 mhz
    Seagate 500 GB 32 MB Sata

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by corey View Post
    Really, can this announcement be for a chipset instead of new VGA cards? What are the possibilities for such a thing?
    Slim to none.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Addict
    I think that would be the world's most collective and epic facepalm if it were a chipset brief.

Seriously who gives a flying fig leaf about ATi chipsets! BRING ON THE NEW DIRECTX 11 GPU's!!!

Xtreme Addict
    will dx11 be out for vista by this time?
    or will the actual card come before the api?
    DFI P965-S/core 2 quad q6600@3.2ghz/4gb gskill ddr2 @ 800mhz cas 4/xfx gtx 260/ silverstone op650/thermaltake xaser 3 case/razer lachesis

Xtreme Addict
    Good question.
    I hope DirectX11 will be out before the Windows 7 Launch purely because it will be something pretty cool for those who Vista. I myself have pre-ordered 7 and am using the 7 RC, but Vista is still a very good OS... were it not for my adoption to SSD I would probably still be on Vista. Perhaps Microsoft will Release DirectX 11 for Vista in their "September DirectX refresh/update" (they usually release 3 month refreshes of DirectX)
    John

Xtreme Addict
    well, i would imagine it would be a boon for marketing if some of those early reviews of the card would have some dx11 things to run to really highlight the differences between this and dx10 cards.
    DFI P965-S/core 2 quad q6600@3.2ghz/4gb gskill ddr2 @ 800mhz cas 4/xfx gtx 260/ silverstone op650/thermaltake xaser 3 case/razer lachesis

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    Ok, so where are the pics?

Edit: Found tem.
    link?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    why not use ATI's adapter it can passthrough audio etc aswell if you need it to only downside is a 2inch adapter out the back?
    Right now i got a NVIDIA card and a Audigy i'm not sure if you can pass it through atis adapter.

Don't think that it will be only about a chipset, but to say that they will redefine the PC world with "just" a new videocard is a bit to much, it has to be more.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZS View Post
    I think that would be the world's most collective and epic facepalm if it were a chipset brief.

Seriously who gives a flying fig leaf about ATi chipsets! BRING ON THE NEW DIRECTX 11 GPU's!!!
    Rally? afaik give RS800 to notebook users and it will be a huge success.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    put rs800 in a netbook and i'd buy it in a heartbeat

this old POS 945 blows... can't even play cs non source

thats not what i bought it for... but it wouldn't hurt when your bored in the hall at school

Xtreme Addict
    what can the 945 do other than windows xp?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    prove it.
    Does a three page NDA mean anything...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo13 View Post
    Does a three page NDA mean anything...
    I don't know, does it have October 9th in big bold letters anywhere?

(or so says the latest whispers in the wind)

An event a month before launch sounds about right, but I'm not the man with the long-ass NDA.

Either way, damn, with your huge amount of lead time, I expect a more-than-comprehensive review...Well, that or 37 circles of driver-revision hell headed your way.
    Last edited by turtle; 08-16-2009 at 07:20 PM.
    That is all.

Peace and love.

Xtreme Member
    hmm
    if reviewers have the cards then i don't it will make it to sep. 10th let alone oct.9th with out alot of leeks

last time the 4850 was on sale before nda was up

unless it's just a handfull of reviewers
    and that would make me wonder about short stocks of cards on launch

Xtreme Member
    I have stayed FAR away from this board due to a toxic AMD/ATI fanboy culture, and a lot of new people who had no respect or memory of the way this site used to be back in the day....

Staying up all night, helping each other, pushing clocks to the max, not caring about brands but about maxing out whatever you had.

Now its just probably 50% fanboys sniping at each other, makes me sad.

What also makes me sad is people with 2007-2009 join dates who have over 1000 posts. Trust me, you don't have that much of importance to say and you are polluting the board and reducing its quality with inane BS.

I am back briefly because I was considering a new build soon but actually after reviewing results and leaks it looks like I may do better to wait until Q1 2010, when the upgrade will be more dramatic in effect, instead of just incremental.

QX9770@3.66Ghz 24/7 365
    790i STriker II Extreme Rock Solid Stable (finally)
    8GB Corsair XMB 1600Mhz DDR3
    MSI 280GTX OC 650/2300 in SLI
    300GB Velociraptor, 500GB Data
    4X Liteon Blu-ray Burner
    MMORPG
    Vista 64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
    I have stayed FAR away from this board due to a toxic AMD/ATI fanboy culture, and a lot of new people who had no respect or memory of the way this site used to be back in the day....

Staying up all night, helping each other, pushing clocks to the max, not caring about brands but about maxing out whatever you had.

What also makes me sad is people with 2007-2009 join dates who have over 1000 posts. Trust me, you don't have that much of importance to say and you are polluting the board and reducing its quality with inane BS.

I am back briefly because I was considering a new build soon but actually after reviewing results and leaks it looks like I may do better to wait until Q1 2010, when the upgrade will be more dramatic in effect, instead of just incremental.
    There have been biases from both camps since the dawn of computing. So long as there is a defining difference between the two (AMD and Intel) with either price, performance, quality, etc, tendency of preference is inevitable. Things only intensified when Intel moved away from the netburst architecture and released the Core 2 which then bumped the K8's from King of the Hill.

Ryzen 3800X @ 4.4Ghz
    MSI X570 Unify
    32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL14
    Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
    OCZ Gold 850W ZX Series
    Thermaltake LV10

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ceevee View Post

Oh please sir, we are at your mercy with your 2006 join date. Please spare us during your temporary visit to find out about your new build.

Xtreme Member
    wow this is getting exciting indeed with the red team emerging with their new line up. Hopefully his prompts Nvidia into action though
    EVGA X58 Classified
    Intel Core i7 980X @ 4ghz
    EVGA 590 GTX x2 Quad SLI
    Corsair Dominator DDR3 12GB PC3-12800C8
    Western Digital 150 GB Velociraptor
    Corsair AX1200
    Asus Xonar Xense
    Custom Watercooling
    Lian Li Pc-P80 Armoursuit

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast