Originally posted by skate2snow
hell-fire: do you have a guide and the 12V, i need one? THX
I dont have a guide other than reading threads about it.

On almost all power supplies that have sense lines, you can do the mod easily.

If there is an internal pot, just change it out with a higher rated one to grab more voltage.

If the power supply has only one sense line for either the 12v or 5v rail, then modding that sense line will effectively mod both rails. Lowering the resistance on that VR will raise the voltage on both the 12v and 5v rails.

Be aware that I have recently come across ATX connectors that do not have sense wires solely on the corners of the ATX Connector as is standard. Most of the time you will see the 3.3v, 5v, and 12v rail feed wires at 3 of the 4 corners of the connector that goes into the motherboard. Alot of the time you will also see a thinner wire, this is the sense wire. So, no sense wire present means you have to hope for an internal pot or already know what internal resistor you need to remove/replace/parallel. BUT, some companies have recently started putting the sense wire in the middle of the ATX bundle.

I have read over the data sheet for a particular power supply and am going to attempt to mod the sense wire I found. If all goes well and the mod works, it should raise voltage on both the 5v and 12v rails. If so, then I will post a short guide to it. Its a sense wire for the 5v, which is typical for psu's that have only a single sense wire for both the 12v and 5v.