View Poll Results: Do you want Foxconn to stop producing Quantum Force mobos?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, do not stop!

78 86.67%
  • Yes, they are not good at all, so why making more of them?

12 13.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you want Foxconn to continue doing Quantum Force mobos?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Fox View Post
    We know that Tom's hardware became irrelevant by 1999
    Who is this "we" that thinks Tom's became irrelevant by 1999? Certainly not Intel.

September 2000 – Tom’s Hardware puts the big slam-down on Intel's flawed 1.13 GHz coppermine processor. Intel withdraws the 1.13 GHz processor from the market.

Perhaps a vote is in order. What sites became "irrelevant" or "stale"... to whom.. and when.. and by what metric...

(?)

XmX

PS: How many more database hiccups/loses/grimfandangos before XS becomes ... "stale" .. "irrelevant" ??
    Last edited by XmikeX; 05-08-2009 at 05:34 AM.

Xtreme Member
    After I read Tom's Hardwares review on i7's overclocking I was disgusted and haven't gone back to the site since. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Intel-...w-31404-7.html

Xtreme X.I.P.
    the page you linked to is actually correct... expect for the 70W 920s which i think is rather unlikely to find, they are all around 120W...
    but besides that everything he said there was actually correct... but i didnt read the whole review...

the only thing he didnt mention and probably didnt know is that some boards can circumvent the current reading and amp reading of the cpu, thats the override current control setting on BR

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
    What are you going to do after this? Hop over to the OEM production and design Dell motherboards?
    Makes more sense and less at the same time than MxX7XT-E or GAX58-UAxx and helps it stand out.

My predecessor had problems overclocking on BloodRage and I had problems with BlackOps if you made the G series BIOS downloadable from the Foxconn web page it might have helped. Now I am supporting someone with an unstable BloodRage and directing them to links from the BIOS pages here to sort it out.

I feel that the QF series are more suitable for the end user than the OC'd system builder. But there is still a place for Quantum Force, we just need more stable BIOS.
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by initialised View Post
    Makes more sense and less at the same time than MxX7XT-E or GAX58-UAxx and helps it stand out.

My predecessor had problems overclocking on BloodRage and I had problems with BlackOps if you made the G series BIOS downloadable from the Foxconn web page it might have helped. Now I am supporting someone with an unstable BloodRage and directing them to links from the BIOS pages here to sort it out.

I feel that the QF series are more suitable for the end user than the OC'd system builder. But there is still a place for Quantum Force, we just need more stable BIOS.
    Dunno.. my Bloodrage is perfectly stable with P07 BIOS.. I haven't even single problem with it. Everything just works as it should. Only problem I had was that shiny logo on WC block that kinda felll off.

Btw. I squeezed 4.2GHz on AIR from that.. yes it was hard to find right settings, but it is possible .. at least it is some challenge.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234