Thread: Black ops AO error?

Black ops AO error?

Hi guys

Running Blackops with a Q6600 everything was working fine until today spent all day trying to fix this do dont understand whats the problem hopefully someone can help.

ok so i updated the BIOS bootup image everything looked fine when it went through the building etc. rebooted my machine and the it started screen didnt come on the LED was posting 'AO' i've looked it up but not sure what it means? tried switching mortherboards graphics cards ram screens everything is powering up so i know its not the PSU (can this mean the CPU is dead?).

"A0 memory configuration and testing"

anyhelp would be highly appriciated... thanks

cheers

tried this too;

"Another possible problem is that the BIOS is messed up as a result of a too high overclock or a bad BIOS flash. Power off the mainboard, remove both BIOS chips and wait a few minutes, then put them back in and power the mainboard on again. Switch the BIOS chips around or change the BIOS select jumpers to boot from the other BIOS chip in case the initial one is corrupted.
    Note that the FF code is also used by the memory configuration and testing procedure, check the POST Code description for A0 and following for details"

nothing happened. even tried clearing by jumper and cmos clear button also tried manually setting bios chip 02 to start from.

could it be possible that the motherboard is dead?

bump... ;(

- going to try switching the CPU tonight got my hands on a Core2 Duo to test... if anyone can help please let me know!

Xtreme Addict
    Don't know what to say really, the code points to a memory problem but you say changing memory and clearing CMOS doesn't fix it

When you say you changed motherboard, i assume you mean you tried your cpu and ram in another motherboard and it worked ok? That would rule out your cpu / memory being the culprit.

Maybe try removing mobo battery and reinserting, though i'm not sure if that does anything different from the clear cmos button.
    TJ07 | Corsair HX1000W | Gigabyte EX58 Extreme | i7 930 @ 4ghz | Ek Supreme | Thermochill PA 120.3 | Laing DDC 12v w/ mod plexi top | 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz | GTX 680 | Raid 0 300gb Velociraptor x 2 | Razer Lachesis & Lycosa | Win7 HP x64 | fluffy dice.

Xtreme Member
    HI i see from the bloodrage you said you updated the bios

if so you can try the second bios that on this board to see if that gets you going
    one you are running you can use the live update to reflash the broken bios
    as somthing must have gone wrong with the flash to cause your problem

dont know if this will help but it may

thanks

Thanks guys for the the replies - highly appreciated.

I did flash the BIOS but I didn't update the firmware version it was that image update where you can change the boot image on the POST screen (said building BIOS etc/ finished then rebooted then got the issue).

Lord Trident@
    - I have tired switching over both BIOS ROMS and waiting few minutes before powering backup (so it seems both ROMS aren't doing anything - even tried jumpering it so it forced it onto either profile BIOS ROM but no luck).

Xello@
    - I tried switching the CPU over to my original motherboard "Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI" haven't used it in months so not 100% sure if that's reliable enough to say the CPU is dead or not (but only used the CPU & PSU Unit switched over everything including ghx card RAM etc and booted with the bare minimum so making sure nothing is causing it from not booting did the same thing Screen just blank fans are revving but doesn't boot/or get to POST and LED displays A0 error)...

Question@
    A0 post error = Memory problem (BIOS ROM Memory or RAM Memory related does anyone know?).

I have just got a CPU from work (Core2 Duo) so I'm going to try this at home tonight to see if its the CPU maybe as i'll have one working CPU/Motherboard atleast - will post an update later... i hope both components aren't fried thou ;(

Thanks for the help so far guys.

Cheers!
    Last edited by 1nf3c710n; 12-01-2008 at 09:16 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Not totally sure, i'd assume RAM, hopefully Saaya will see this and have some suggestions soon Always helped me out with my probs.
    TJ07 | Corsair HX1000W | Gigabyte EX58 Extreme | i7 930 @ 4ghz | Ek Supreme | Thermochill PA 120.3 | Laing DDC 12v w/ mod plexi top | 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz | GTX 680 | Raid 0 300gb Velociraptor x 2 | Razer Lachesis & Lycosa | Win7 HP x64 | fluffy dice.

Thanks anyhow

Tested my q6600/RAM/GHX Card at work all worked perfectly fine only component I haven't test is PSU but its powering everything and I have tired both of mine without yup its insane its like both motherboards I have just died... sending both back for RMA's

I can confirm 'A0' post error message is definitely to do with BIOS ROMs/Memory (not RAM).

Cheers guys for the help.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nf3c710n View Post
    Thanks anyhow

Tested my q6600/RAM/GHX Card at work all worked perfectly fine only component I haven't test is PSU but its powering everything and I have tired both of mine without yup its insane its like both motherboards I have just died... sending both back for RMA's

I can confirm 'A0' post error message is definitely to do with BIOS ROMs/Memory (not RAM).

Cheers guys for the help.
    A0 ==> memory configuration and testing

You can see all debug code here

Looks like a ram problem if we are looking at Saaya's thread

Did you try with only one stick ? Did you try in another slot ?

Could you report all the sequence from the debug led and when it hangs ?

@koda -

hey thanks for the reply not 100% sure if this RAM is dead or not but i didn't test it yet cos i don't have another ddr3 board but i'm pretty curtain the "A0" post error is to do with the BIOS itself (seen as I flashed the board and then this started happening but not 100% sure) hmm damn...

yeah i tired switching DIMM slots and trying atleast one RAM inserted at a time, but still no joy ;o maybe i'll just buy a extra gig or maybe get some tri ram just so its not a complete waste.

just ordered off ebay replacement BIOS Chips x2 "FOXCONN 671M 671MX BLACKOPS 6627MA-RS2H " http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=380057795914

so going to try these babies first then maybe try the RAM idea

- i'll post the sequence tonight @ work now.

Thanks man!

Official response from Foxconn

Thanks for supporting Foxconn product.
    1.Refer to the following description to fix:
    Boot Block program is locked in Award BIOS. It will not be flashed by flashing utility. Even through BIOS is flashed failed, Boot Block also can control ISA VGA and floppy drive. But now some M/Bs are not supporting ISA, it is better to use floppy drive.
    1) First, to make one system-disk. And delete Config.sys and Autoexec.bat, then copy correct BIOS updating program and data files to system disk. Then to build Autoexec.bat in the system-disk, and add Awdflash xxx.bin /sn /py(xxx.bin is BIOS data file). The parameter /sn /py stands for only flashing BIOS and not for backup. When flashing BIOS failed, restart using this disk, system will automatically update the BIOS. After a few minutes, restarting, BIOS can be resumed.
    2.If the above step still can't fix the issue,
    would you please contact with the reseller and let the reseller fix it for you?
    Best regards,
    Foxconn Technical Support

bootblock has anybody done this?
    I have a blank screen I don't see how this is going to work ;S

Xtreme Member
    Something is definitively wrong in your problem ... let me explain

You told us that you have flashed your board (totally or partially ... doesn't matter ) and result is : mobo can't boot !

But if you have flashed (just one time) ... you have flashed only one chip (bios stuff is in theses chips) and not both so :

One chip must be okay ... si, if you have played unsucessfully with bios jumper selection and chip1/chip2 ... problem is elsewhere.

So what is your boot sequence on leds ?

regards.

Quote Originally Posted by 1nf3c710n View Post
    @koda -

hey thanks for the reply not 100% sure if this RAM is dead or not but i didn't test it yet cos i don't have another ddr3 board but i'm pretty curtain the "A0" post error is to do with the BIOS itself (seen as I flashed the board and then this started happening but not 100% sure) hmm damn...

yeah i tired switching DIMM slots and trying atleast one RAM inserted at a time, but still no joy ;o maybe i'll just buy a extra gig or maybe get some tri ram just so its not a complete waste.

just ordered off ebay replacement BIOS Chips x2 "FOXCONN 671M 671MX BLACKOPS 6627MA-RS2H " http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=380057795914

so going to try these babies first then maybe try the RAM idea

- i'll post the sequence tonight @ work now.

Thanks man!

Have you recieve these chips? have it any bios flashed into it?.

Hi PPl been AFK xmas new years sorry for now getting back to you appriciate the replies.

@ Koda - thanks for the info. I got the chips missed placed them and now waiting for the new ones to come in the post ;S

anyhow I have a new board "blood Rage" now

- will post some information when i get those chips.