Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Evga Voltage Tuner

Xtreme Addict
    Ah, that makes things a bit clearer.

i7| EX58-EXTREME | SSD M225 | Radbox | 5870CF + 9600GT

Xtreme Addict
    Come on guys...

1 - Unwinder already said he wouldn't add voltage sliders to RT;

2 - He said he is not helping EVGA with their new software to control voltage;

3 - If you think he is lying, you have all the right to do so, but keep it to yourselves...

4 - If you are really willing to have voltage control sliders, you can do a program to attain such, now that all of us know how...
    Are we there yet?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by largon View Post
    Even a national ballot about "if RT should have the slider", wouldn't change the fact that your whining is pointless as the author has repeatedly said i t w i l l n o t h a p p e n.
    maybe you missed this part, I'm not trying to change unwinders mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KELL5 View Post
    Not a thread to force unwinder to change his mind (that would be wrong),
    Quote Originally Posted by fornowagain View Post
    Dude you got issues. Sliders? I'm concerned with overvolting the card, I could care less how. By sliders you mean an idiots interface to select any voltage, then no thats a dangerous device.

Either way this has nothing to do with the OVP limits Im seeing on the card and I've RTM you as a troll. If they put up a poll I'd be glad to vote yes you're a whiner.
    Nice avoidance

Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
    the subject is you are whining and have already been asked to shut your feed hole. start listening instead of spewing.
    I'm not whining. All I said was he was lucky he didn't use a slider. UNWINDER told me sliders are dangerous. You're saying UNWINDER gave me wrong info? Sounds like it to me. The next time I tell someone they were lucky for not using a slider are you gonna say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I think you are whining. I stopped following this thread for days due to the fact you wouldn't stop harassing Unwinder.
    You avoided it for DAYS because on ONE DAY I posted 6 msgs in regards to sliders? That makes sense. Sounds more like you're trying to dramatise this and make XS mods think "oh no, we losing visitors 'cos of this dude".

Come on admit it, like you'd honestly stay out of a thread you're really interested in because one guy is asking a few questions. You really need to work on some better excuses mate

Besides which, all I see are worshippers trying to look cool infront of someone else by giving me a hard time. All I said was what UNWINDER told me, that sliders can cause fried cards and now you're all moving in for the kill again.

C'mon guys....I've taken UNWINDERS excuse and am accepting it.....why can't you lot do the same. Am I not allowed to agree with unwinder now is that it?

You stated it was a silly to say "using a slider coulda fried your card".

Well UNWINDER has given that excuse as THE ONLY reason he won't put the voltage sliders in RT.

So there's no two ways about it.....you just said his excuse is silly.

Don't try to avoid the subject
    You really have some serious issue. If a person says no, that means no. He can say no without any reason. He is doing the program on his freetime without any charge. He can give any answer he wants without owing anything to anyone. He doesnt even need to give a reason when he refused the request.If he was to answer only no to you demand without any reason, would you whine this much too?

If a girl refused to go to bed with you, do you whine this much too or do accept the no answer?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    when is this program cuming out ???

Xtreme Addict
    I merely wanna see if everyone on XS thinks I'm a whiner.
    Yes, you sound bad - read more, type less.
    Bring... bring the amber lamps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You avoided it for DAYS because on ONE DAY I posted 6 msgs in regards to sliders? That makes sense. Sounds more like you're trying to dramatise this and make XS mods think "oh no, we losing visitors 'cos of this dude".

Come on admit it, like you'd honestly stay out of a thread you're really interested in because one guy is asking a few questions. You really need to work on some better excuses mate
    Yes, I'd avoid a thread I was interested in when someone derails it as you have. I didn't say I didn't visit XS.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredpace View Post
    Yes, you sound bad - read more, type less.
    QFT
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 01-29-2009 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by auchkoenig View Post
    You really have some serious issue. If a person says no, that means no. He can say no without any reason. He is doing the program on his freetime without any charge. He can give any answer he wants without owing anything to anyone. He doesnt even need to give a reason when he refused the request.If he was to answer only no to you demand without any reason, would you whine this much too?
    Very true. But that doesn't change the fact that it's completely ilogical.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    when is this program cuming out ???
    See this guys? This is lost in all the BS and people begging for something they've already been told NO. What part of NO did people not seem to understnad? That was not open for debate. He said no and that was final. Getting on somebody's last nerve is the best way to asure it will never happen even if he was on the fence about it which I am certain he is not. If it ever would've been considered in the future I can say without a doubt that it won't now.

A lone post is asking a question on topic and you can barely see it for all the arguing over something that is NOT gonna happen.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Flight View Post
    See this guys? This is lost in all the BS and people begging for something they've already been told NO. What part of NO did people not seem to understnad? That was not open for debate. He said no and that was final. Getting on somebody's last nerve is the best way to asure it will never happen even if he was on the fence about it which I am certain he is not. If it ever would've been considered in the future I can say without a doubt that it won't now.

A lone post is asking a question on topic and you can barely see it for all the arguing over something that is NOT gonna happen.
    time is the esence....

Xtreme Addict
    Yep, EVGA said soon, so we'll have one. At least for cards with EVGA BIOS's on certain cards that will support it. That's all this thread is concerned with. Knowing EVGA, and the fact that they said "soon", I'd bet it would be inside a month. We probably won't hear anything else until it's released since what was shown was a beta already. However long it takes to test it and work any bugs out, but from the looks of it, they are on it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yep, EVGA said soon, so we'll have one. At least for cards with EVGA BIOS's on certain cards that will support it. That's all this thread is concerned with. Knowing EVGA, and the fact that they said "soon", I'd bet it would be inside a month. We probably won't hear anything else until it's released since what was shown was a beta already. However long it takes to test it and work any bugs out, but from the looks of it, they are on it.
    best things come to those who wait

Banned

Lost???? no it wasn't. such a drama queen.

if you're so concerned with posts being overlooked and my asking questions....why do you need to wade in here hours after my last post (when other guys have told me to stop posting so I did) only to drag it up again, post the same comments as others and then hog up half the page with your paragraph and the other half with that repulsive sig?

Another "Look how I defend you unwinder" fan-boy...how pathetic

I've clearly stated I accept unwinders reasoning. No need to repost asking me to accept it.

Anyone who posts any comment towards me again in this thread (except for a mod) will clearly be trying to extend this.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Lost???? no it wasn't. such a drama queen.

if you're so concerned with posts being overlooked and my asking questions....why do you need to wade in here hours after my last post (when other guys have told me to stop posting so I did) only to drag it up again, post the same comments as others and then hog up half the page with your paragraph and the other half with that repulsive sig?

Another "Look how I defend you unwinder" fan-boy...how pathetic

I've clearly stated I accept unwinders reasoning. No need to repost asking me to accept it.

Anyone who posts any comment towards me again in this thread (except for a mod) will clearly be trying to extend this.
    Then I will, let it go please.
    Thanks for reading!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    Does it even really matter that much what Unwinder does? Not to spur on any flaming or whatnot, but you have to think about this realistically.

The demand for a gui based voltage tuner is obviously high amongst enthusiasts. So one would have to reason that
    someone will make such a tool or mod. Unwinder has said he doesn't want to, and nothing we do will change that.

Let it be, and give it some time. I'm sure you'll have a program that suits your liking sometime relatively soon.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    Let it be, and give it some time. I'm sure you'll have a program that suits your liking sometime relatively soon.
    Yeah, there is this neat program called EVGA Voltage Tuner that I hear is supposed to be out soon
    Asus Rampage II Gene | Core i7 920 | 6*2GB Mushkin 998729 | BFG GTX280 OCX | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Corsair VX550
    —Life is too short to be bound by the moral, ethical and legal constraints imposed on us by modern day society.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    Does it even really matter that much what Unwinder does? Not to spur on any flaming or whatnot, but you have to think about this realistically.

The demand for a gui based voltage tuner is obviously high amongst enthusiasts. So one would have to reason that
    someone will make such a tool or mod. Unwinder has said he doesn't want to, and nothing we do will change that.

I agree with Unwinder and thank him for all of his work on such a great program. Go to Guru3d forums and see what he has to deal with. Why should he have to deal with this crap from people that feel like he owes them something for releacing a great free app.
    It's just wrong. I mean really what the F.
    Such a great thread completely derailed.
    Banhammer?
    Last edited by BababooeyHTJ; 01-29-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Didnt see it anywhere but will this support Cards like the G80,s and G92=8800gt?
    ^^^^^All shaken, (from the earthquake) not stirred^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    There's a lot less voodoo in watercooling than is assumed
    The only thing future proof in electronics, is the electricity itself.

Any one who relies on only one source of information is a fool.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 003 View Post
    Yeah, there is this neat program called EVGA Voltage Tuner that I hear is supposed to be out soon
    Exactly.

I was thinking more along the lines of a "freelance" type program, or a mod for something existing, but for EVGA customers the official one should be great.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sirheck View Post
    Didnt see it anywhere but will this support Cards like the G80,s and G92=8800gt?
    At present no there isn't any support for these cards unless someone is willing to find the voltage reg datasheets if they are available and figure out whether there are writable voltage selection registers or not.

Right now support is mainly for cards with Volterra VT11xx VR's.

DFI LT-X48-T2R UT CDC24 Bios | Q9550 E0 | G.Skill DDR2-1066 PK 2x2GB |
    Geforce GTX 280 729/1566/2698 | Corsair HX1000 | Stacker 832 | Dell 3008WFP

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyakame View Post
    At present no there isn't any support for these cards unless someone is willing to find the voltage reg datasheets if they are available and figure out whether there are writable voltage selection registers or not.

Right now support is mainly for cards with Volterra VT11xx VR's.
    Thanks.
    I would upgrade but my current cards do what i want them to do.
    ^^^^^All shaken, (from the earthquake) not stirred^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    There's a lot less voodoo in watercooling than is assumed
    The only thing future proof in electronics, is the electricity itself.

Any one who relies on only one source of information is a fool.

Xtreme Member
    Well it looks like Evga Voltage Tuner is not going to be much help to me after all. After following justageek95 guide I've sucesfuly managed to change the vcore of my gtx 280 to 1.3V. Too bad it look like the shaders on this card fare rather poorly and top out at 1512 regardless of the voltage, I tried 1.3, 1.25 and 1.24 now and the shaders are the limiting factor to my max core speed of 756. Also even .1 increase to vcore really increased the temps even with a 100% fan, 78C is no joke.

Well at least I gained 20ish on the core, thats something.
    Last edited by LiquidReactor; 01-29-2009 at 08:51 PM.
    --lapped Q9650 #L828A446 @ 4.608, 1.45V bios, 1.425V load.
    -- NH-D14 2x Delta AFB1212SHE push/pull and 110 cfm fan -- Coollaboratory Liquid PRO
    -- Gigabyte EP45-UD3P ( F10 ) - G.Skill 4x2Gb 9600 PI @ 1221 5-5-5-15, PL8, 2.1V
    - GTX 480 ( 875/1750/928)
    - HAF 932 - Antec TPQ 1200 -- Crucial C300 128Gb boot --
    Primary Monitor - Samsung T260

Xtreme Member
    How could I up the voltage on a pair of 9800gx2's???

Quote Originally Posted by fornowagain View Post
    You can't fry it the OVP kicks in around 1.35-1.37v
    Where is the logic in triggering OVP in this situation? As far as I understand VT1165 principles, the sense of OVP is preventing output voltage from going beyond Vnominal + OVP (hardwired and defined with configuration resistors). Vnominal is output nominal voltage, i.e. the voltage VRM is expecting to see on output, this is the value you are seeing at RT's hardware monitoring graphs and this is the value you're programming into VRM. So for example if VRM is programmed to give 1.4V on output and resistors define OVP of 200mV, OVP condition will be triggered when real output voltage goes beyond 1.6V. This makes sense for hardware voltage mods, when you change the voltage without altering programmed VRM's nominal voltage. In this case you change voltage by altering nominal voltage yourself. And VT1165 supports much higher voltages than 1.37.
    It sounds more like and OCP for me. Maximum current for each VRM phase is also hardwired with configuration resistors.
    I've already posted it in other thread: you can "ask" VT1165 to report OCP/OVP conditions by reading its register 13. Bits 0 and 1 are OCP/OVP states. Take a note that these bits are read-only status bits, you cannot change them.

Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    Very true. But that doesn't change the fact that it's completely ilogical.
    Dear KELL5 and the Co, if you think that my reasons are completely illogical, please stop attacking me and prove it by actions. You have easy way to prove your words by writing your own tool doing exactly the same things you're demanding me to do. Wrting your own Windows MMIO driver is a question of 1-2 weeks. Writing your own HAL accessing ATI/NV I2C buses based on open source Linux ATI/NV drivers is a question of 1-2 weeks too. Having that in hands, you can use the information provided in this thread to implement VT1165 support layer. This is a question of 1 hour. Attaching the slider to it is a question of 5 minutes. Do it, if you can do something besides trolling. Easy money, you can even sell it to some vendor.
    Last edited by Unwinder; 01-29-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast