Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Evga Voltage Tuner

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    man 1350 is low on your card i got same card and 1500 shader is easy good luck man with that.
    Yea I know, pathetic. I could probably game with it higher than 1350, but when testing I want absolute, 100% stability. At 1350/675/1242 I am 100% game, furmark and ATitool stable, clean and artifact free. Any higher and I start to notice things. If this new software allows me to reach the same level of stability, and artifact free testing then I will be a very happy man. Anyone know if we can flash these new voltage settings to our card to keep them permanent? I never did like having to run software in the background to get my video cards to run the way I like.
    Silverstone Temjin TJ-09BW w/ Silverstone DA750
    Asus P8P67
    2600K w/ Thermalright Venomous X Black w/ Sanyo Denki San Ace 109R1212H1011
    8GB G.Skill DDR-1600 7-8-7-24
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1G
    Modded Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty w/ Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    1 X 120GB OCZ Vertex
    1 X 300GB WD Velociraptor HLFS
    1 X Hitachi 7K1000 1TB
    Pioneer DVR-216L DVD-RW
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by alexio View Post
    From the hip and aim at the kitchen if she doesn't approve your purchases. She'll know better next time.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous View Post
    Yea I know, pathetic. I could probably game with it higher than 1350, but when testing I want absolute, 100% stability. At 1350/675/1242 I am 100% game, furmark and ATitool stable, clean and artifact free. Any higher and I start to notice things. If this new software allows me to reach the same level of stability, and artifact free testing then I will be a very happy man. Anyone know if we can flash these new voltage settings to our card to keep them permanent? I never did like having to run software in the background to get my video cards to run the way I like.
    I sure hope so. I OC with EVGA Precision and close it out and the OC's stick. I would hope those voltages would as well.

These EVGA cards are special. They really have a winner. This is just another thing that sets them apart now. They really got their stuff together at EVGA. Their support is awesome. They have great offers, and upgrade plans. They give special offers to EVGA customers. The cards are just georgeous in the looks department. They run super. Tghey have all kinds of OC versions. They even have watercooled versions. They have the EVGA Precision, and now they have this. This si the total package when you get one of these things.

I'm really happy with mine.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Fox View Post
    Oh yeah i think it should help you push the shader clock higher. From my experience, it's also very important to keep the temperatures as low as possible so you could overclock it more.

For example, on my 8800GTX with stock cooler that usually reached 85-87 degrees max, it could only overclock to 612 MHz core, but with Accelero Xtreme 8800 that keeps it under 65 degrees all the time, I can push it to 648 MHz core (and shaders higher too). Those large chips like it cool, and at higher densities (65nm, then 55nm) it's even more important to keep it cool to reduce power leakage, so that you also save electricity.

Wow, I'm surprised that eVGA has the balls to do this!! I mean, stock cooling on GTX 280's usually reached 85 degrees and some cards had cooling issues with reaching 105 C. I'm guessing that this issue only belonged to the earliest batch of cards during the first few weeks, perhaps because of faulty heatpipes or something.

I loved this feature with my X1900XTX, and was disappointed to find this software voltage tweak disabled on 3870 and 4870 cards that certainly had greater headroom for voltage increases with their stock coolers. The cooler on the X1900XTX could barely keep it cool enough at default voltage--now it just doesnt make sense how ATI isnt allowing 3870/4870 owners to increase voltage.....

The 285 is now looking that much more tempting. Would it be possible to fit my Accelero Xtreme 8800 on the GT200 cards?

I have never reached 80's ever. I've only reached 70's with stock cooling a couple times when I left the fan at default 40% when it was folding (forgot to slide the fan up). 71 actually. My card folds 24/7. I keep my fan at 80% at night, and 100% the rest of the time.

It's running now at 57 degrees folding with the GPU2 client. That's an SSC card and it's OC'd to 670/1451/1180. The people that had those issues had bad heat sinks or bad mounts that had somehow got by. I would not have a card that ran that hot...I'd send it back. There were probably a few in there that had the things packed into cases that had no airflow also. That happens.

I know they say these things are OK into the 80's to 90's, but I'll never run one at that ever. Rule #1 of the Overclocker has always been to control the heat. I'm putting mine on water to further lower the temps. I should get my stuff next week, and will have to see how long it's gonna take me to get that all tested out and setup. I bet the clocks go up. Talonman had great results with his EVGA GTX 280 after putting it on water. His bench scores went up, performance went up, temps went down, and clocks went way up.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Flight View Post
    I sure hope so. I OC with EVGA Precision and close it out and the OC's stick. I would hope those voltages would as well.

These EVGA cards are special. They really have a winner. This is just another thing that sets them apart now. They really got their stuff together at EVGA. Their support is awesome. They have great offers, and upgrade plans. They give special offers to EVGA customers. The cards are just georgeous in the looks department. They run super. Tghey have all kinds of OC versions. They even have watercooled versions. They have the EVGA Precision, and now they have this. This si the total package when you get one of these things.

Last edited by Jochenp; 01-23-2009 at 01:35 PM.
    Patriotism is the conviction that this country is superior
    to all other countries because you were born in it.
    -- George B. Shaw

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    Not really, you can raise the overs by 0.2v or so and Jacob has said you will still be under warranty.
    It doesn't matter, my comment only says that 0,2v is a lot, and definitely not a small increase as he says. Nothing about warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Jochenp View Post
    http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa269/chocochippie/mommy.jpg
    Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 01-23-2009 at 05:39 AM.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Engineering The Xtreme

I'm sorry. Your grammar in this post. Is really really. Funny.

but I agree that EVGA has their stuff together, I wish they would do the same things with sapphire considering they are owned by the same company (IIRC)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    It doesn't matter, my comment only says that 0,2v is a lot, and definitely not a small increase as he says. Nothing about warranty

You are missing the point >_<
    Apple MacBook Air
    Apple IPad 2

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBaran View Post
    You are missing the point >_<
    I think you are missing the point. The original post was mine, and in it I say, with irony, that 0,2v is by no means a small increase as the EVGA representative says. Then some people missed the joke and started making things up. Just read the thread from the beginning
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Banned
    did anyone notice that he gets better results(he says air) then people did with a hard mod on air?

Xtreme Member

Xtreme Member
    Really nice utility. Still we cant change memory voltage right?
    Q6600@3,8ghz Asus Blitz Formula SE, 2gb gskill hk 4-4-3-5 @950mhz, EVGA 9800GTX+

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I believe they paid Unwinder to make their Precision Utility, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a hand in this as well.
    No, he does not: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...60&postcount=9
    - Intel Xeon W3520 #3848A352 D0 @ 4.4GHz
    - DFI LanParty UT X58-T3eH8 (bios 05/08)
    - 3x2GB Corsair Failinator GT 1866MHz 7-8-7-20 (3x2GB Patriot Viper 1600MHz C8 backup...)
    - Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB @ 872/1000
    - ~5TB assorted WD/Seagate
    - SB X-Fi XtremeMusic & Logitech Z-680 THX
    - Tt Toughpower 1200W Modular
    - CM Stacker T01 Black
    - Eizo FlexScan SX2761W 27" & Samsung 226CW 22"

CPU Loop: MCP655/D5 - Swiftech Apogee GTZ - Thermochilll PA120.3 - YateLoon SL's - 1/2" MasterKleer
    GPU/Chipset Loop: MCP655/D5 - EK-FC4870 X2 Acetal CF - Swiftech MCW30 - Thermochill PA120.3 - YateLoon SL's - 1/2" MasterKleer

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Precision is Rivatuner, I hope you know that.
    The older versions show the rivatuner icon in the task bar when you open precision.
    Precision is a stripped down version of RivaTuner that Unwinder re-worked for them. To say Precision is RivaTuner is false.
    Gaming/Rendering rig:
    eVGA X58 Tri-SLI
    Intel i7-970 w/ Corsair H100
    24gigs Corsair 2000s
    eVGA GTX580 3GB
    Too many HDD's
    LG Blu-ray player
    Corsair hx1050 psu
    Corsair 800D case

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I dunno about you guys, but my 55nm gtx 260 runs hot overclocked as is. Adding more voltage is a great idea if it were water cooled, but for the stock air cooling if you are using a case it is probably going to result in overheating. Granted im in a small dorm room that i have 0 control over the heat might make my heat issues only apply to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    real men like the idea of packing lots of stuff into a very small space, which is what the mac mini is
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    PS. I'm even tougher IRL.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy McShades View Post
    I dunno about you guys, but my 55nm gtx 260 runs hot overclocked as is. Adding more voltage is a great idea if it were water cooled, but for the stock air cooling if you are using a case it is probably going to result in overheating. Granted im in a small dorm room that i have 0 control over the heat might make my heat issues only apply to me.
    I am in the exact same boat. Very cramped room that stores heat like an oven. I am running the 65nm variant as well which should theoretically run a little hotter than the 55nm parts. What sort of temps are you seeing exactly?
    Silverstone Temjin TJ-09BW w/ Silverstone DA750
    Asus P8P67
    2600K w/ Thermalright Venomous X Black w/ Sanyo Denki San Ace 109R1212H1011
    8GB G.Skill DDR-1600 7-8-7-24
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1G
    Modded Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty w/ Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    1 X 120GB OCZ Vertex
    1 X 300GB WD Velociraptor HLFS
    1 X Hitachi 7K1000 1TB
    Pioneer DVR-216L DVD-RW
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by alexio View Post
    From the hip and aim at the kitchen if she doesn't approve your purchases. She'll know better next time.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous View Post
    I am in the exact same boat. Very cramped room that stores heat like an oven. I am running the 65nm variant as well which should theoretically run a little hotter than the 55nm parts. What sort of temps are you seeing exactly?

I'm getting into the 70's loaded with the fan at 80% and only at 700mhz 1512mhz on the shaders and 1100 on the mem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    real men like the idea of packing lots of stuff into a very small space, which is what the mac mini is
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    PS. I'm even tougher IRL.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by safan80 View Post
    Unwinder needs to reverse engineer it just like Evga did to RT.
    This makes no sense at all seeing Unwinder also made Precision.

I am really excited about this utility though. EVGA is setting the bar high.
    Last edited by drnip; 01-23-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Does this mean that I could flash a higher voltage directly onto the card because that would make things much easier. I was told that you cant do any volt mods in the bios of a GTX260 a while back.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    Does this mean that I could flash a higher voltage directly onto the card because that would make things much easier. I was told that you cant do any volt mods in the bios of a GTX260 a while back.
    Actually you can.
    But not with the tools that are publicly available.
    The same way eVGA Voltage Tuner does it, just implemented in the firmware ( in simple terms "they use the same 'switch', the Voltage Tuner will more than likely be a 'apply each time you enter windows(automatically or not)' thing while the firmware (BIOS) way is permanent".
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by unwinder
    No, I'm not related to this project. I follow "no public voltage control in my software" rule for many years since the very first display adapter with software adjustable voltage controller (GeForce FX) because I don't want to be blamed for damaging anyone's hardware. And I'm not going to change it, sorry.
    For power users, RT provides command line interface giving direct access to any part of GPU (including programmable VRM installed on GTX 200 series) and there is _open_source_ VT1103 hardware monitoring plugin included in RT’s distributive, allowing anyone to get location and addresses of VRM registers really easy. This way RT is unofficially providing command line based software voltage mod feature for all reference design 4870 and GTX 200 series since these cards announce. You just have to dig a bit deeper, it is hidden from noobs and it is hidden purposely. So I don't know who is developing that tool, but it is definitively not me because I'm not too brave to take the responsibility to give these features to everyone via easily accessible GUI.
    Looks like voltage mod by software is actually possible
    Proud owner of an iPhone3G 16G White

SpiTweaker by Monteboy,try it

/dev/zero
    Wish there were tools for all cards as I did not get an EVGA (availability) but an XFX instead.

/edit. ^^ But who's gonna be that brave man to develope such a tool with the help of given material (Rivatuner...)?
    Last edited by SAE; 01-23-2009 at 02:53 PM.
    Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DMH View Post
    [/B]

Looks like voltage mod by software is actually possible
    If I gotta waste my time with a stupid cmd line, I'll just vMod the card. He talks about that like that's something an enthusiast would waste their time with. Who in the hell wants to screw with cmd line interfaces? This guy so matter of factly talks "Welcome back to 1985".
    Last edited by T_Flight; 01-23-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    If I gotta waste my time with a stupid cmd line, I'll just vMod the card. He talks about that like that's something an enthusiast would waste their time with. Who in the hell wants to screw with cmd line interfaces? This guy so matter of factly talks "Welcome back to 1985".
    If I had the time and knowledge I'd be jumping all over this. I'm sure you'll ask "but why, that is so 1985!" and the simple response is "no dead cards from soldering".

Right now I'm using an Asus Matrix HD4870 with their iTracker(Apple product?) which gives me up to 1.6vGPU and 1.8vGDDR5, more than sufficient for anything but LN2/DI. So much easier to just punch in voltages than screw around with adjustable resistors

Quote Originally Posted by clo007 View Post
    Precision is a stripped down version of RivaTuner.
    Thank you Mr. Nicolaychuk for making your great utility better looking and easier to use.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Actually you can.
    But not with the tools that are publicly available.
    The same way eVGA Voltage Tuner does it, just implemented in the firmware ( in simple terms "they use the same 'switch', the Voltage Tuner will more than likely be a 'apply each time you enter windows(automatically or not)' thing while the firmware (BIOS) way is permanent".
    Can this be done with nibitor or some other bios editor?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast