Thread: Possible to mod Vapochill LS to cool two GPUs?

Xtreme Member

Possible to mod Vapochill LS to cool two GPUs?

As title states.

What kind of issues might I run into? Is this too much heat for the Vapochill to dissipate?

Thanks
    E8400 @ 4.8Ghz on Vapochill LS | NVIDIA 790i Ultra SLI | BFG GTX 280 SLI | PC Power & Cooling 1200W | Bench Sled

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well i can say it can be done but i no that it will be a to tune as i had tons of problems tunning the dual evap system i built for a guy. now i am not to sure what the vapochill LS will handle but are not most video card like 100 to 150 watts each so that would be 200 to 300 watts. some one please correct me if i am wrong as i have never phased video cards before and not to sure on there wattages so i am not to sure on if u would be happy with the temps u might get

Xtreme Addict
    like ruffus I am also unsure of what the vapochill can handle under load in wattage terms but it will depend on what gpu you are using 2 9600gt or 2 8800gt will be more likely then trying to cool 2 gtx 280s and so on but somewhere on XS there is a thread listing most current gpus and what wattage they put out and if you are phasing them I imagine you will be overclocking so take that into account then get some numbers on the vapochill someone on here will know what wattage the vapo can handle and match them up.
    Case: Corsair 400R
    PSU: Corsair HX1000W
    mobo: Maximus IV Gene
    CPU: 2500K @ 4.2ghz 1.19 volts
    RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 1866mhz 2 x 4 gigs
    OS Drive: Kingston Hyper X ssd 120 gig
    Graphics: XFX HD5850
    Cooling: Corsair H100

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    If it's the GTX 280 SLI you have in your signature then just give up now. Cooling GPUs below zero nets much less gain than cooling CPUs. You might gain a 20% performance increase for a 200% power consumption increase and added risk of toasting your video cards with condensation. Add to that the problems of building a two-headed direct die system and you are looking at much more trouble than it's worth. Watercooling is a fantastic step up for GPUs and even a modest liquid chiller, but direct die makes no sense for 95% of applications.

Xtreme Member
    Great, Thanks guys!

Stock cooling will suffice then and ill sell my spare vapo
    E8400 @ 4.8Ghz on Vapochill LS | NVIDIA 790i Ultra SLI | BFG GTX 280 SLI | PC Power & Cooling 1200W | Bench Sled

Ya. Vapochill ~ 180W max I'd say without mods.