Thread: Bipartisan overclocking tournaments

Xtreme Member

Bipartisan overclocking tournaments

This thread is for answering questions about how to get all the best overclockers in the world competing - without being tied up with sponsorship problems.

It's in The Overclocker issue 2 and can be seen here... although it can't just yet because it's still being 'printed' depite being written ages ago and us being let down by just about everything and me nearly having a heart attack and fed up of staying up at 3am all the time trying to make it work and feeding in all those social bookmarking links manually has made his head get a bit screwy but hey - the good bits are good and the colour Purple is this month's pink. Hopefully in the next 24hrs, but I said that 2 weeks ago.

Nick

there is some login page that prevents me from getting in, I think I'll just wait for issue #2.
    ======================
    all those lies suit you, they are custom made to drive you out of reality...
    ======================
    signature fail

Overclocking comps in australia! the annual maryborough technology challenge in queensland maybe? get thermaltake or gigabyte or something to sponsor us and teach noobies how to overclock and build comps and stoof i started at 13 purely by chance, most people don't have the faintest idea of what overclocking is! i'm doing an english assignment (magazine, guess who lol!) on overclocking and my teacher was like "What's overclocking?" -_-

we need more overclocking in aus
    just my two bob anyway

Xtreme Member
    as if an english teacher knows what overclocking is :p

Any Australia based competitions would be nice.

Xtreme Addict
    Psh, Aus already has overclocking up the down under
    we need more overclocking in the US, like, NOW. More specifically on the East coast. Absolutely nothing happens here.

ODOC
    problem is $$ to travel around

maybe in each country make a "local" bench center for the given competition and then in all the world there will be such at a place where its possible, then people meet there and bench, then results are gathered and shared

but then ag. there is temprature and humidity difference which can or will play a role

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    It's easiest to host "online" benching competitions as precursors to larger events in person. Would be great to hold an event in the US with an online competition and the top 10 or top 20 were invited to a central location to bench.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah cos it's rather expensive just to travel within the US.