Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 Info Thread

I am Xtreme
    i am sorry but they are as*s*oles for putting that out in that condition! (talking about the original F5 posted)
    Last edited by Ace-a-Rue; 07-21-2008 at 08:41 AM.
    BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 UNOFFICIAL THREAD

BIOSTAR TPOWER BOLT MOD FOR HEATPIPE AND HEATSINK

BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

ABIT IP35 PRO HEATPIPE MOD

ABIT IP35 PRO BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

IP35 Pro: 9650@4000Mhz, par overclocker; Freezone Elite; 4Gb GSkill DDR-800@DDR-1068 (2 x 2gb); XFX 8800 GTS; Areca 8X PCIe in Raid 0 working at 4x speed; 4-250 Gb (single platter) 7200.10 drives; Giga 3DAurora case with side window.

F5 is on the US site now.

No they don't I was on the global site.
    Last edited by Moose2; 07-21-2008 at 08:37 AM.
    Computer#1-Intel X3360- Gigabyte X48T-DQ6- OCZ DDR3 Reaper- 2X150G Raptor & 250G Storage- Powercolor 4870x2-Antec 1000watt PS- Vista Business 64bit.

Xtremely unstable
    I just called gigabyte. At least they'll let me ship the ds3l I got an rma# for last week and the X48T in one box so I can save some postage. The service rep did confirm on the telephone that it's indeed a bad bios and it has been replaced at the main d/l site.
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    TR ultra-x, 2 scythe ultrakaze push/pull
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -------------------------------

would you crunch if you thought it would save her life?

maybe it will!

I am Xtreme
    boy, oh boy!...at least they have a little common sense....still, they would not be in this condition if they did the proper check of the bios.

IP35 Pro: 9650@4000Mhz, par overclocker; Freezone Elite; 4Gb GSkill DDR-800@DDR-1068 (2 x 2gb); XFX 8800 GTS; Areca 8X PCIe in Raid 0 working at 4x speed; 4-250 Gb (single platter) 7200.10 drives; Giga 3DAurora case with side window.

Xtreme Member
    ....Never in my life of overclocker I saw something like this happening (8 years). Specially considering these boards cost 300 bucks upwards and in the old days 200 was already way too much

I am Xtreme
    i know...i am selling mine for a "song and a dance!"

Xtreme Member
    heh, you joined in 2002..... I see you were here in the beginning of the golden days as well

Xtremely unstable
    It's hard to picture the scenario. They write the bios, check it with whatever kind of software tools they use, and zip it up? How would they not be sitting there with boards, testing this stuff?? Man, I want that job. A box full of cpus and ram and a table full of torture racks! You listening gigabyte? Hell I'll do it for free, just keep the UPS trucks coming
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe it will!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by |Oc|REvO_HsArC View Post
    heh, you joined in 2002..... I see you were here in the beginning of the golden days as well
    oh yeah, i joined because i was banned from [H] forums!

many of us ganged up on a reviewer who was accused of duplicity in his review on [H] front page....when we started fanning, we were shown the door!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by loonym
    A box full of cpus and ram and a table full of torture racks! You listening gigabyte? Hell I'll do it for free, just keep the UPS trucks coming
    There's a queue for that job

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    oh yeah, i joined because i was banned from [H] forums!

many of us ganged up on a reviewer who was accused of duplicity in his review on [H] front page....when we started fanning, we were shown the door!
    • i7 920
    • DFI DK X58-T3eH6
    • G.SKILL PI Black DDR3 PC 12800 CL8 6GB kit (F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI-B)
    • Crossfire 2x ATI HD4670 GPU 785 Ram 1060
    • Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w
    • Cooling: Water - EK Supreme
    • Lian Li V2000B+

24/7 OC 4Ghz 20x200 x8 1600Mhz 8-8-8-21

Official Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 Info Thread
    DFI DK X58-T3eH6 on Test

Just got off the phone with Gigabyte he told me to RMA it. He had me take out each stick of ram to test it, nothing worked then he said return it.
    Computer#1-Intel X3360- Gigabyte X48T-DQ6- OCZ DDR3 Reaper- 2X150G Raptor & 250G Storage- Powercolor 4870x2-Antec 1000watt PS- Vista Business 64bit.

I am Xtreme
    hey you guys...have you see this funny flick on drinking: http://www.funnieststuff.net/viewmovie.php?id=657

Another one bited the dust

Add another dead MB person to the list.
    I updated about 8 hours ago using the @BIOS feature to upgrade to F5.
    I'm pretty sure it went to the Taiwanese site (first on the list), and after that my mobo refused to boot (infinite beep/off/on routine)...

I have sent an email to Gigabyte support regarding this, but am yet to hear from them...

This is the first time I bought a Gigabyte board, I've had it for 4 days, and had nothing but trouble.
    I can't believe they released a faulty BIOS to the public, and I also can't believe they left it on the site after people complained about it!
    I'm not sure my reseller will even agree to replace this board (and RMAing it will probably cost me when it reaches customs)...

Let's just say that currently I'm very very sorry I didn't listen to a friend who told me to buy an ASUS board

Xtremely unstable
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenrap View Post
    Add another dead MB person to the list.
    I updated about 8 hours ago using the @BIOS feature to upgrade to F5.
    I'm pretty sure it went to the Taiwanese site (first on the list), and after that my mobo refused to boot (infinite beep/off/on routine)...

I have sent an email to Gigabyte support regarding this, but am yet to hear from them...

This is the first time I bought a Gigabyte board, I've had it for 4 days, and had nothing but trouble.
    I can't believe they released a faulty BIOS to the public, and I also can't believe they left it on the site after people complained about it!
    I'm not sure my reseller will even agree to replace this board (and RMAing it will probably cost me when it reaches customs)...

Let's just say that currently I'm very very sorry I didn't listen to a friend who told me to buy an ASUS board
    The new F5 bios, dated July 21 has been on the Taiwan site since a.m. of the 21st. Are you sure that's where it d/l from? Although I didn't get to try it yet I was assured that the most recent F5 was ok. Perhaps it's not?
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe it will!

Quote Originally Posted by loonym View Post
    The new F5 bios, dated July 21 has been on the Taiwan site since a.m. of the 21st. Are you sure that's where it d/l from? Although I didn't get to try it yet I was assured that the most recent F5 was ok. Perhaps it's not?
    There were a few sites to choose from in the @BIOS program (2 were in Taiwan if I recall correctly).
    I went for the first one on the list.
    After that, all hell broke loose...

I don't know if it's the old or new (for all I know I may have grabbed it seconds before it was replaced), all I know is that the @BIOS program told me that F5 BIOS is available, I updated it without a problem, and the next thing I know my machine is constantly beeping and turning itself on and off...

I am infuriated as I am yet to hear from Gigabyte support as to what I'm supposed to do to resolve this...

The handling of all of this is VERY amateurish if you ask me (nothing on any website, no official statement)
    Even if I RMA the board it will probably take close to a month until I get it back, and I will probably have to pay local customs as well making all this even more frustrating...

So if I want a working system by next week I will probably have to purchase a new motherboard...

Xtremely unstable
    There were a few sites to choose from in the @BIOS program (2 were in Taiwan if I recall correctly).
    I went for the first one on the list.
    After that, all hell broke loose...

I don't know if it's the old or new (for all I know I may have grabbed it seconds before it was replaced), all I know is that the @BIOS program told me that F5 BIOS is available, I updated it without a problem, and the next thing I know my machine is constantly beeping and turning itself on and off...

I am infuriated as I am yet to hear from Gigabyte support as to what I'm supposed to do to resolve this...

The handling of all of this is VERY amateurish if you ask me (nothing on any website, no official statement)
    Even if I RMA the board it will probably take close to a month until I get it back, and I will probably have to pay local customs as well making all this even more frustrating...

So if I want a working system by next week I will probably have to purchase a new motherboard...
    Yes those symptoms are most definitely the faulty bios that I flashed. It acts as if it went perfectly and then just into that endless loop of rebooting itself. They should really be ashamed and perhaps even liable that anyone was even able to aquire and flash that bios after they had already known about a problem for at least 1 full day. Disgraceful. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the only resolution is rma so I think you should just skip waiting to hear from support or trying any kind of dialogue (unless you phone them) and go straight to requesting an rma# to get things moving as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by loonym; 07-22-2008 at 01:34 AM.
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe it will!

Unhappy

Yes those symptoms are most definitely the faulty bios that I flashed. It acts as if it went perfectly and then just into that endless loop of rebooting itself. They should really be ashamed and perhaps even liable that anyone was even able to aquire and flash that bios after they had already known about a problem for at least 1 full day. Disgraceful. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the only resolution is rma so I think you should just skip waiting to hear from support or trying any kind of dialogue (unless you phone them) and go straight to requesting an rma# to get things moving as quickly as possible.
    Since I have never RMA'd anything in the past, I have no idea what the procedure is, or how to do it properly.
    Also, who will pay for the shipping? Is this also up to me?

Xtremely unstable
    Since I have never RMA'd anything in the past, I have no idea what the procedure is, or how to do it properly.
    Also, who will pay for the shipping? Is this also up to me?
    It's really quite easy to request an rma, at least in the US. I simply went to gigabyte USA website, then in the support menu choose USA Support>USA Customer Care. At the page that opens select end user and you'll be at the rma request page. From there it's simply a matter of filling out an online form. You'll get a request confirmation email almost immediately, followed (at least in my case) by an rma confirmation notice a few hours later, with the rma# and instructions. Unfortunately (again, and that's a lot of unfortunates) you'll have to pay to ship the board to them. Once they receive it, it should be a matter of a simple bios reprogram so turn around time, hopefully, is quick. Again, this is the process for US, other regions may handle this completely different and a direct phone call would be the best option in that case.
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe it will!

It's really quite easy to request an rma, at least in the US. I simply went to gigabyte USA website, then in the support menu choose USA Support>USA Customer Care. At the page that opens select end user and you'll be at the rma request page. From there it's simply a matter of filling out an online form. You'll get a request confirmation email almost immediately, followed (at least in my case) by an rma confirmation notice a few hours later, with the rma# and instructions. Unfortunately (again, and that's a lot of unfortunates) you'll have to pay to ship the board to them. Once they receive it, it should be a matter of a simple bios reprogram so turn around time, hopefully, is quick. Again, this is the process for US, other regions may handle this completely different and a direct phone call would be the best option in that case.
    Unfortunately it would seem that there is no RMA option on worldwide sites...

I can't believe they don't refund shipping on THEIR error...

Unless I get some response from their support, I just have a 300$ CPU holder...

Thanks very much for trying to help loonym, you've been infinitely more helpful than Gigabyte's support.

I UNBRICKED IT!!!

Follow the instructions here:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=2105 (post by nijel, you need to sign up to see the picture, so I put it here).
    It is for a different motherboard, but the flash device is exactly the same!
    (I took a snapshot with my camera to make sure it's the same chip and it is).

I tried this last night without success (till 3am ), but today I tried it again, and managed to get my backup BIOS to flash the main BIOS!!!

I had EVERYTHING disconnected (especially disconnect the HD, it tries loading a backup from there and keeps failing when it manages to boot).
    Take your BIOS battery out, only keep 1 DIMM of RAM, the GFX card and a keyboard.
    Keep trying to short circuit the pins in the picture of the main bios, you may get odd results, but if you don't give up you may just revive your board with F4!!!

Method that worked for me is to short circuit the pins a bit after power on.
    I can't take any responsibility if you totally nuke your board, but I'm pretty sure this method is safe (as long as it is done correctly), because at times I would short circuit the pins like no tomorrow (believing there is nothing that can be done to save it). So if mine survived, I'm pretty positive yours will do.

Try to spread the word regarding this, so people don't have to pay for a new mobo!

I don't know about you guys, but I am NEVER touching GIGABYTE again and will NEVER upgrade my GIGABYTE BIOS!

I wish you all luck in unbricking your motherboards and thanks all for the support!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chip.jpg 
Views:	13203 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	82382  

I am Xtreme
    HEY, CONGRATULATIONS!!!...WTG!

where did you or how did you find that information?

Xtremely unstable
    Very interesting indeed. It really makes perfect sense that the hard drive needs to be disconnected now that you've said it. With that hooked up it would naturally try and seek that hidden partition that it creates to store bios info. I have my board packed but I'll pull it out and give this a go..
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe it will!

@Ace-a-Rue
    I kept searching for more and more information regarding this, and eventually came across a german thread (thank the lord for google translator ) which linked to that site.

@loonym
    As I said, I tried that method for like 3 hours yesterday night with no luck.
    Only today did I manage to get it to work, I have no idea what I did differently...
    I hope you report back with good news!

I'am not going to mess with mine, It booted once with the F5 bios then stopped working again so it going back toGB.

I am Xtreme
    @Ace-a-Rue
    I kept searching for more and more information regarding this, and eventually came across a german thread (thank the lord for google translator ) which linked to that site.
    stiil, GREAT INTERNET SEARCHING!

@loonym
    As I said, I tried that method for like 3 hours yesterday night with no luck.
    Only today did I manage to get it to work, I have no idea what I did differently...
    probably the grounding was not sufficient (resistance was not zero)...i had that problem with grounding in the past with IC chips.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast