Thread: Motherboard Voltages

Xtreme Member

Motherboard Voltages

Hi,

I understand that the correct voltages are needed for stability.

If you push all voltages as low they will go with stability intact (primed and run 24hours etc) does pushing the voltages low as possible impact on performance?

This includes CPU, North, South and everything else you would normally ideally set a value for.

Sorry if this is a real n00b question... I am learning about this. Thanks for any advice in advanced.
    Last edited by MonsterDK; 07-09-2008 at 05:04 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Well as low is always good... but I've got to warn ya on some mobo brands the lowest value s not always correct... take eg Asus P5Q Dlx; if you set 1.2 NB voltage in fact it's around 1.26... if you set 1.22 it's 1.22... also AUTO settings are nice to boot at bu tI raher set the values myself to know 100% sure what is going on...

Secondly take into account that Prime is a pure CPU/RAM/subsystem test... it does not test 3d so your rig can be prime stable yet caps out occasionnaly in games or is very jerky etc... try a bit more Vcore then...

Which mobo are you talking about ?
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    Well as low is always good... but I've got to warn ya on some mobo brands the lowest value s not always correct... take eg Asus P5Q Dlx; if you set 1.2 NB voltage in fact it's around 1.26... if you set 1.22 it's 1.22... also AUTO settings are nice to boot at bu tI raher set the values myself to know 100% sure what is going on...

Secondly take into account that Prime is a pure CPU/RAM/subsystem test... it does not test 3d so your rig can be prime stable yet caps out occasionnaly in games or is very jerky etc... try a bit more Vcore then...

Which mobo are you talking about ?

I have the P5Q Deluxe